• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Fat Ninja Totaled by Insurance, Parting it out...

gilbysan

Coggers, recently I posted and sold a Sargent Low Seat and one of 3 Cee Bailey windscreens one of which I took of my 2012 C14. The bike was bumped by our family friend and sustained enough damage to total it out and I bought it so that I can part it out or if someone wants a screaming deal on a plastic damaged but perfectly running and meticulously maintained Connie, please let me know and I can send you the damage photos. The list of damage is as follows:
  1. Right saddle bag sustained scrapes on the fins and lower corner of the bag, otherwise fine.
  2. Right center cowling got a crack at the top edge where it meets the mirror mount and upper cowling, I believe this is not a big thing to repair with Murphs's plastic repair kit of other type. Item #: 55028-0389-H8
  3. The TBRs (again from Murph's) took a hit on the right side where the Delrin scraped the pavement and the arm that attaches to the engine mount was bent in, but I bent it back out so that seems ok. I have repaired minor abrasions on the Delrin before using progressively finer grit wet/dry paper and then a heat gun to flame polish the finish to new look.
  4. The mirrors took the biggest hit - the left and right cases are both cracked on the bottom but both stayed mounted and work fine other than that. They would have to be replaced I think.
  5. The right lower cowling (black piece is cracked due to the TBR pushing it in so that needs replacement as well.
  6. My Bestem Carbon Fiber Front Fender was cracked on the left side but you can not really tell and seems to hold fine as it did not penetrate all the way through the carbon weave. It has an extender from Blue One.
Oddly, the Fairing is still mounted straight and I rode the bike home from the incident which was her driveway, of all places to get wrecked, lol.

I also have a bunch of spare parts that I have been collecting;
  1. Two factory fenders, one black and one blue, the blue one has an extender from Blue One.
  2. A brand new right center side Cowling # 55028-0389-H8 in black, which could be used to replace the cracked part above.
  3. New in box front and rear EBC pad sets from Murph's
  4. Kawasaki Top Box (the rounded type) with Phil's mounting plate. I think it is the 46 or 47 liter size, with back rest pad. This will come with the Blue color panel and a NIB black top panel. I also built an organizer for the case with a net on the top part to hold gloves and hats and a two level bottom unit that divides stuff so it does not roll around, etc.
My preference would be to sell the whole thing as a lot to someone who has the time and inclination to put in back in order but it could also be parted out a bit at a time. If you see anything here of interest PM me and we can work out something fair for you.

BTW, recent value check on engine, all was in spec. It has Michelin Road 6GTs on with about 3K miles and a Delkevic Carbon clip on with Nels (Two Wheels Dyno Works) Flash.

I can send photos of anything listed here for those really interested.

Cheers!

Gilbysan, aka - Fat Ninja

BD,

Thanks man, how are you? I am planning a ride out to Lolo this summer. What about you? Are you going to the National? I was planning to visit but...

Safe Travels!

Bud,

Are you asking me how much for the Bike and all the parts and stuff, or just the misc. parts I listed up above? I would love to find a good home for Connie. Someone who would put her back together right.

Cheers!

Bud,

Yeah, you are correct. Let me send you the list of stuff with pics; gimme a bit.

Cheers!

BG

This is for everyone. I'm not looking to buy. When someone says something like that and don't put a price out there, I tend to ask for anyone that might be interested in it. Maybe get someone interested so you don't have to part it out. Don't forget, everyone loves pics of what's being sold. Good luck with the sale!

Sorry to read this @gilbysan ! Are you getting or already have another C14?

As Bud and others have mentioned, hopefully you can share a gallery so that we ALL can see what you have rather than sending pics individually.

Also would love to see photos of your top box organization! I know you're local so might see if you can build the same organizer or just link to the items used to build it. And curious on the NIB black top panel if it works with my Kawasaki top box.

Robertv,

Hey, long time no talk. Attached are some photos of the top and the inside storage stuff I made. I did this when I had my full work shop, which I sold when we sold the house out in Carnation. I think I could be done more easily with materials other than acrylics. First, from Tap Plastics I got some plastic molding stuff that I used to make a level platform in the box bottom which I then used to mount the little organizer matrix which is the blue acrylic. I tapped some 8/32 flat head screws threads into the flat and screwed the blue frame to it. Over that I cut out a template with cardboard and made a thin 3/32" thick piece of black ABS covered with no slip rubber from Seattle Fabrics to keep things from sliding around on top. Used the high strength Velcro with hooks on both sides to hold the ABS top to the frame which pulled up with just a little effort when I wanted to access the bottom compartment. On the bottom I kept a USB battery pack, small first aid kit, spray cleaner, microfiber, extras ear plugs, whatever I though would be helpful. On the left side of the case I kept for a water bottle.

The top of the case had a net that I modified to fit the case lid. Using nylon tie downs I riveted them into the top case, under the top trim cover so they are not visible and on the left side I cut the tie downs in half so that I could use key rings to connect them to the hooks and secure whatever the net was holding.

I can try to answer any questions you may have after you view the photos. Good luck with the project if you take it on. I made my life a lot easier once things would be stored in an organized manner...

Cheers!

Attachments

• 20230512_165446.jpg
    20230512_165446.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 65
  • 20230512_165704.jpg
    20230512_165704.jpg
    186.5 KB · Views: 67
  • 20230512_165711.jpg
    20230512_165711.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 64
  • 20230512_165725.jpg
    20230512_165725.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 65
  • 20230512_165810.jpg
    20230512_165810.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 62
Jeff, yes the '12 has the legacy/older type TPMS units. I have changed the batteries more than twice over the running life of this Connie. I have not quite decided to part out the bike yet. Still awaiting the revised title, then I will make the call about what to do. If I do part it out, you will be first on the list for the TPMS units if you want.

Safe Riding!

Jeff, yes the '12 has the legacy/older type TPMS units. I have changed the batteries more than twice over the running life of this Connie. I have not quite decided to part out the bike yet. Still awaiting the revised title, then I will make the call about what to do. If I do part it out, you will be first on the list for the TPMS units if you want.

Safe Riding!

Don't do it!!!

Ride safe, Ted