• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Feel free

smithr

to talk among yourselves. 

This area just doesn't have much to say I guess.  No one has posted rides or even talked in a month or more now.

I do hope to see some of you at the Nationals.  I will be there and so will Leslie.  We will do the trailer again but it's ok.  Whatever makes her happy keeps me happier also.  That and I can bang out 1200 miles in two days and be ready to ride when I get there.

keep-calm-and-concours-on-1.png

As crazy as it sounds I may be taking a hiatus from the high cost of living.  I am trying to save up a nest egg big enough to retire in a few short years.  That means I put taking trips and other cost inducing projects on hold.  You may not see me again on the Concours away from home until 2019.  I put stybil in the tank and it may just sit for a while.  I can use the KLR for some riding fun.  It gets 55mpg also.  I  may decide to sell the 04 C10 since I am about ready for a change anyway.  Or just let it sit.  It is not that expensive to let sit if I do it right.

smithr1 said:
  You may not see me again on the Concours away from home until 2019.

:mad:  :'( :mad: :'(

....oh wait...can Leslie still attend the COG events while you sit at home and save money?  >:D  :)  ;)

fartymarty said:
smithr1 said:
  You may not see me again on the Concours away from home until 2019.

:mad:  :'( :mad: :'(

....oh wait...can Leslie still attend the COG events while you sit at home and save money?  >:D  :)  ;)

EXCELLENT PLAN MARTY!!!
Yes, Leslie can make us those magic culinary treats and Bob can sit at home.  It's sheer brilliance... maybe a little diabolical, but genius just the same.  :great:

EDIT TO ADD:
Uh... Oh yeah... Bob, you sure about this? 2019 and you'll be getting on up there... lessee born in... add for living in Austin.... carry the nine... forget dividing since he's in education... Bob, you're gonna get old on us.  Besides in 5 years you'll need new rubber, complete fluid changes, induction rebuild and electronics added... and the bike will probably need maintenance too.  And besides, you don't want to leave us alone with Leslie do ya?

Bob, I understand the need to build the nest egg, for retirement.
I just went thru it..

But, mebbe ya can go to at least 1 a year?
(Ta keep the Connie (and Leslie) purrin')..
    Mebbe Wildflower???

Ride safe, Ted