• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

feeling like a real tool. while changing battery on 2008 1400 i hooked it up wro

Abalonytony

Big Wheel
well this is a great way to start  I was rushing to install a new battery in the evening and hooked it up wrong  neg to pos you get the point  now it wont turn over  was hoping I blew a fuse but I checked the main and the others in the under seat box and they look good  any ideas or have you all dealt with this before  very embarrassing but got me to the forum 

well, it's really "IN" the battery chamber, mounted on top of the main relay... behind the batt.. (pull the batt out again, it's needed to reach the fuse).. they will pop when polarity is reversed.. good thing is... it protects the bike, and no permanent damage will have occurred.. we've seen it happen many times..
good luck...