• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Felicitations to Looper on becoming CDA 573

Wandrng

Just a nerd who rides
Jack C aka Looper qualified for CDA #573

Welcome to Connie Droppers Anonymous. Hopefully you're done with your dropping adventures.

Loopers' Story
"The bike was still pristene after only 1 bun cooler and 1 national.I was parking at the top of a steep driveway at the only level spot on the property and I stupidly turned the wheel to the upside of a slight downgrade and well,gravity took over.The c14 is so damn heavy if you give it an inch of leverage and down it went on the downward side of the slope that I miscalculated.The drop damaged mirror and bag and scrped up the frame sliders that saved any major damage but still sustained some scratches to the lower fairing and bar end.Was a bitch to get upright though.Second dropo was just as I finished detailing the bike to take to dearship for a trade-in valuation on a K L R.I put a 2x4 under the sidestand to check the oil level and the bike seemed stable.You already know the rest.the minute I took my hand off the bike..."

Um, aren't we suppose to read about the 'adventure' causing the drop here? So we can all relate and commiserate...

I dont recall seeing loopers oopsey...

He submitted it on the form - I just forgot it doesn't post it. I've added it in the threads first post above.