• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Final Fall Fling #2 October 18,19,20, 2019

jim snyder

The 2019 Final Fall Fling #2 ride will take place on October 18,19,20, 2019 in Clinton Ark at the Super 8 by Wyndham hotel. The hotel is located on Hwy 65 in Clinton Ark. Clinton is located right in the center of northern Arkansas with awesome roads in every direction. I have 10 rooms blocked off for COG (more available if needed). The hotel phone number is (501) 209-4358. They gave us a rate of $65/night + tax. Be sure to mention you are with the Concours Owners Group when making a reservation. The hotel is centrally located near restaurants and shopping areas. So lets plan on meeting in Clinton Arkansas in October and enjoying some Arkansas twisties and visiting with our COG family. This ride has been posted to the calendar.

Ok this ride is posted to the calender. Hope to see our friends from the north central region again this year.

I'll be there. Had a great time last year.
How about my Yankee Buddy? Are you gonna be there again?
You know who you are....

Ride safe, Ted

In case anyone is wondering this ride is taking the place of the Jack's fall ride. So y'all get signed up. With me and Ted there you know you're gonna have a good time.  :motonoises: :great: :beerchug:

Good morning people, I hope you’re well. Does anyone know if the Big Bend ride is happening or not? If not I’ll probably do this ride. I haven’t seen anything about Big Bend yet. Sorry if I’m behind the curve on this.

Your not really behind the curve. Everyone is asking the same question.
We've been asking about a date for the Big Bend Rally all year.
Apparently Craig decided not to do the event and no one stepped forward in his place.

The Fall Fling is still a go, {ie; Jim and I are going to Arkansas to ride} but we don't have many registered.
If anyone wants to come ride with us, please let us know..
We have to release the Motel Rooms soon.

Ride safe, Ted

NOTE: We put it on the schedule for people to see, but it will probably not be an official COG event.
                  Just a ride with whomever wants to come ride with us..

http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/Calendar.cfm?clubID=1328&mo=10&year=2019

Ride safe, Ted

I'm trying to work this into my travel schedule, now.  I have a nearby TDY so it'll probably work  (pending my health issues..).  :motonoises:

Ok, I’m in! Just able to attend Friday night, Saturday and leaving Sunday. Just under 500 miles up there so I should be able to find some great roads getting there to make up for not getting up there Thursday night. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Great... There are roads along your route. You may even be able to go by Queen Whilomena {sp?} or the Pig Trail if you want to take the time, but the roads further north are far better.

Ride safe, Ted

Got it all planned out. I30, 8, 71/41, 23 (Pig Trail), 16 to Clinton. I’m so excited.
Anyone know the route set (of any) for Saturday morning? Just curious.

Nottacop said:
Got it all planned out. I30, 8, 71/41, 23 (Pig Trail), 16 to Clinton. I’m so excited.
Anyone know the route set (of any) for Saturday morning? Just curious.
It's either gonna be 16/27/123/74 or 16/9/341.

I do not know if I can come to this yet.  I may have other obligations and can not be sure. 

I did notice there is a Walmart right next door.  If I come I may just try to put the van in the wm parking lot.  That would be cheap and easy to cancel.

That should work. Let us know your plans.
We asked about using the Walmart Parking Lot for a guy with a Motor Home last year.
Some of the COG locals told us they see others doing it at that location.

fyi; This is not an official COG event, just a get together of friend's that want to ride with us.
            :rotflmao: :great:

Ride safe, Ted

Just FYI,
  As Ted mentioned this in NOT an official COG event, just friends gathering for some good riding and visiting. If you have any questions feel free to PM either one of us. Thanks.

You've got my curiosity piqued.  What is the difference between an "official" COG event and just some friends who happen to be COG members getting together to ride? ::)

:motonoises: :motonoises:

AmphibSailor said:
You've got my curiosity piqued.  What is the difference between an "official" COG event and just some friends who happen to be COG members getting together to ride? ::)

Only difference is, no registration fee, no meals provided & no door prizes.  :motonoises:  Other than that there is no difference.

Just Cliff said:
AmphibSailor said:

Only difference is, no registration fee, no meals provided & no door prizes.  :motonoises:  Other than that there is no difference.

I will say Ted called yesterday begging & crying, wanting me to ask the wife if she'd fix chili again. She did so last year. Since she likes everybody that shows up (even Ted most of the time) & likes having everyone here. There will be 1 chili dinner served at my place.

Hey Ted,  :nananana:

Yahoo. Please tell your bride I sed "thank you"!!!!
Unlike you, she's good people...

umm/uhh/err,,, Ok Cliff; I guess {Since you asked her} I'll take back half the nasty things I just sed about you to.  :08:
                                                      :sign0103: :sign0103: :sign0103:

OK Gang, it's arranged, Chili dinner at Cliffs on Saturday night. I'll bring some deer Sausage to tune things up too.
  {Jim's buying the beer}.  shh, don't tell him yet.
We can go to Cliffs in my (and someone else's (?)} Trucks so ya'll can have some of his beer..

Ride safe, Ted

More on Not an official COG ride;
    Because we had so few sign up early, we did not arrange insurance/registration fee/Referee/meals/door prizes..
    COG will not allow us to do a COG Rally without the insurance/Referee; so we opted to go riding in Arkansas anyway,,, and
    thought maybe a few fiends might just happen to show up. 
        Does that clear the fog?

connie_rider said:
Yahoo. Please tell your bride I sed "thank you"!!!!
Unlike you, she's good people...

umm/uhh/err,,, Ok Cliff; I guess {Since you asked her} I'll take back half the nasty things I just sed about you to.  :08:
                                                      :sign0103: :sign0103: :sign0103:

OK Gang, it's arranged, Chili dinner at Cliffs on Saturday night. I'll bring some deer Sausage to tune things up too.
  {Jim's buying the beer}.  shh, don't tell him yet.
We can go to Cliffs in my (and someone else's (?)} Trucks so ya'll can have some of his beer..

Ride safe, Ted

More on Not an official COG ride;
    Because we had so few sign up early, we did not arrange insurance/registration fee/Referee/meals/door prizes..
    COG will not allow us to do a COG Rally without the insurance/Referee; so we opted to go riding in Arkansas anyway,,, and
    thought maybe a few fiends might just happen to show up. 
        Does that clear the fog?

It is entirely up to the event host to ask to sanction and insure an event.  COG have many events that are not sanctioned and insured.

Just registered and made the hotel reservation.  Look forward to seeing ya'll next month.  I have an extra bed in my room if anyone is interested in sharing a room.

TCARS

I have to rescind the offer to share my room.  My GF is coming up to join us on Sat. evening. Should I register her as a guest for planning purposes?

See ya then

If EZ to do, go ahead, as it could help us with a count for Dinner at Cliff's on Sat night.
But, your note here is sufficient.

See you there.
Ride safe, Ted

Ted:  Sorry for being so late.  I have been on a long road trip and I have been away from my 'puter ( usually a good thing ).  I will be there for the ride as long as everything comes in for my trailer.  At least I have my room reservations anyway.  See ya in a couple of weeks!

Never slow down!
Lovelle

Well fellas, looks like my brother Ken and I will be there...kind of last minute but will sign up here shortly!

We look forward to seeing everyone there!

Dan

15 signed up, with notes in this thread & on the registration list I come up with 19. 1 girlfriend, 2 wifes & Dan's brother (Ken). With the 2 of us it makes 21. We'll figure chilli for a couple dozen at least, 1 of the kids could show up. They kinda like hanging around you old farts.  :))

I called the hotel yesterday and they said 8 of the 10 rooms I had blocked off for COG were reserved. If we need more rooms let me know.

When I called for a room last week they said they had no record of a Concours group reserving a block of rooms so I had to pay full price.

Lovelle

Call them back and tell them your with the COG  group. They should work.  They should’ve been able to figure this out but evidently not.

I just spoke to the lady in Clinton and she has us on file. Did you call the number I posted on this thread? If not call back and ask for Lori.

Jim:  I just talked with Lori and she got it all taken care of.  Thanks for your assistance.

Never slow down!
Lovelle

Somebody asked if somebody was going from the Dallas-Fort Worth area to Clinton on another board. I direct them to this board. I will be leaving at approximately 6 AM from Fort Worth and do a high-speed burn East on 30 to New Boston, Tx.. At that point I’ll be traveling north through smaller roads to avoid interstate and eventually will make it up the pig trail Hwy 23 north to Highway 16. I will to take Highway 16 East across the Ozark National Forest to Clinton. You’re more than welcome to come with me but just know that it’s going to be a very long day. Probably closer to about 500 miles.

Nottacop said:
Somebody asked if somebody was going from the Dallas-Fort Worth area to Clinton on another board. I direct them to this board. I will be leaving at approximately 6 AM from Fort Worth and do a high-speed burn East on 30 to New Boston, Tx.. At that point I’ll be traveling north through smaller roads to avoid interstate and eventually will make it up the pig trail Hwy 23 north to Highway 16. I will to take Highway 16 East across the Ozark National Forest to Clinton. You’re more than welcome to come with me but just know that it’s going to be a very long day. Probably closer to about 500 miles.

Yes, that was me. "Hi COG riders. I'm planning my First ride with the group to Arkansas. Working on getting my days off & preparing for the ride. Is anyone riding through DFW Texas area on the way up to Clinton? Maybe we can meet up & ride together. Also, a question for you Experienced Tourers; what should I bring? I'll have my bad/ wet weather riding gear, emergency roadside tools etc. Any other suggestions?"

I just sent you  PM. It basically says you’re more than welcome to come with me. I’m doing a leisurely but efficient ride up there Friday. See the post before this one for the route. Feel free to text me so we can meet up. 817-532-2647

It really sounds as if you have everything organized. I know it’s going to be wet on Saturday and Sunday so good deal with the rain gear. Just make sure you have your motorcycle endorsement on your license, current insurance, current registration and the bike has to be mechanically in great shape.

Nottacop said:

Hwy 21N & 123N are both good options for getting to 16. Just to the east a bit, out of Clarksville.

As of now the local 7 day forecast is looking good, Thurs., Fri., & Sat., sunny & highs 72 -75* with 20% chance of rain Sat.

speedracersworld said:
Nottacop said:

Yes, that was me. "Hi COG riders. I'm planning my First ride with the group to Arkansas. Working on getting my days off & preparing for the ride. Is anyone riding through DFW Texas area on the way up to Clinton? Maybe we can meet up & ride together. Also, a question for you Experienced Tourers; what should I bring? I'll have my bad/ wet weather riding gear, emergency roadside tools etc. Any other suggestions?"

WE did this ride last year in November and it got COLD. The week before it was not COLD.
  So, I suggest cold weather gear backup..

Ride safe, Ted

Really wish I could make it this time. But maybe next year.
That might give me a bit of time to learn some more riding tips from Ted  :motonoises:
I'm a  :sign0104:to the Connie.
If anything changes I will be sure to let y'all know.

Chris said:
That might give me a bit of time to learn some more riding tips from Ted  :motonoises:

Riding tips from Ted? Now thats funny!  :rotflmao:

My best tip is don't take tips from Ted if you want to improve.  :)

Hope you can make it.  :motonoises:

Hey!  That is not nice.  I like following Ted.  It keeps me from doing anything stupid and I am able to stay warm by riding in the bubble of warm air created by his after-burners.  See y'all soon, looks as if it might be a little wet again.

Never Slow Down

Lovelle

connie_rider said:
Haa haa, hoo hoo, hee hee..
I don't have afterburners...
  I have "gas"...….  :nananana:

Ride safe, Ted

:sign0137: I'm sure a match would fix that, though!  :hee20hee20hee: :hee20hee20hee:

Local forecast is still saying Thurs. & Fri. sunny with highs in low 70's. Sat. high low 70's with 30 - 40% chance of rain depending on which channel you watch.

Weather is looking good so far!  :motonoises:

Well I had hoped to shoot up there last minute but not going to happen.  You all enjoy for me. 

I'm not going to be able to make this one as I'll be attending my Dad's 90th birthday party, sorry guys, maybe next year.

Fred_Harmon_TX said:
I'm not going to be able to make this one as I'll be attending my Dad's 90th birthday party, sorry guys, maybe next year.

A dad's 90th birthday is much bigger than riding, enjoy it! You can ride anytime.

When you ride 540 miles and think you are heading toward rain when you find out it’s gonna be zero chance of rain.  :great: :great: :great: :great:

[smg id=2117]

[smg id=2118]

Had a great time meeting other COG members. Especially enjoyed  the chili and friendship at Cliff's.

It was a good 2 days of riding, with even better people & weather. I even met 6 or 8 new people, hope to run into them again someday.  :) Maybe they'll be back for HMR#7 IF it happens.  :hum:

We had a total of 22, including 1 daughter & a son in law.

Thanks to everyone coming down to hang out & eat chili. Hopefully everyone had plenty to eat. Also thanks to Jim & Ted for putting this event together.

Here is a few more pictures. Group photo is a little fuzzy.

Attachments

• Flinal Fling #2 009.JPG
    Flinal Fling #2 009.JPG
    246.8 KB · Views: 168
  • Flinal Fling #2 005.JPG
    Flinal Fling #2 005.JPG
    329 KB · Views: 166
  • Flinal Fling #2 004.JPG
    Flinal Fling #2 004.JPG
    321.9 KB · Views: 165
Made it home about noon Sunday. Had a great time riding the twisties with good folks. As Cliff mentioned we had 22 participants. The weather was absolutely perfect. A huge thanks to everyone who came to ride and visit with us. The hotel worked out great also. And thank you to Cliff and Jimmie for the chili supper on Saturday night.

Wow that looks like a real good time, good riding, good people, good food.
Glad you all had a safe, fun fall fling. Hopefully when I retire.

Made it home safe and sound. Was a good 1300 mile weekend. Thank you Jim, Ted Cliff and Jimmy for the great hospitality. Looking forward to the next one. Cheers!

Made it home safe and also sound...

Had a great weekend. Weather was perfect. Friendship was even better!
Extra thanks to "Jimmie", Cliff, and family for hosting the entire group for cooking up, some of her fine Chili..
Glad everyone came and looking forward to doing it again.

Ride safe, Ted

PS: Jim suffered from the "effects" of the Chili on the way home..  :rotflmao:

Arrived home late last night.  All is ok.  I had a wonderful time, there are so many fabulous roads up there one begins to think they have crashed and gone to biker's heaven.  I am looking forward to Horseshoe Mountain this coming spring.  Be safe Guys!

Never Slow Down
Lovelle

I have to agree with everyone, the rally was great.  Thanks to Jim & Ted for putting it together and to Cliff & Jimmy for preparing and hosting the chili supper on Saturday.  Good to see old friends and meet new ones.  See y'all next time.

connie_rider said:
Just noticed that in the group photo, "Dan Cooper" is hiding his face behind me.
Dan is a sneaky Devil...

Ride safe, Ted
"Dan" has to keep his level 24 top secret clearance in tact.

Dogs got to hunt, DB Coopers got to hide.
Even though I did not make it, thanks to those that set it up.