• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

First 2019 tire promo I'ved seen: Avon Spirit ST's $50 started Feb. 1st

Charliedog

I'm in the market for some new tires for my C14, so I've been watching for promotions.  Came across this today at American Moto Tire.  I haven't seen many reviews of this tire on either owners' forum, but the price sure looks interesting.  I had a couple of sets of Avon's on my C10 with mixed results, but these are the 'latest and greatest', so it's tempting.

Just my $.02.

Thanks for putting that up.  Hopefully we can keep this going, with as many eyes on the Sales so we can all benefit!  :great:

gr

Thanks for the comments on the Spirits.  I just noticed the promo ONLY goes thru the month of February.  Gotta make a decision soon....

I been wearing the Avons prior Storm 3's, 2's and 1's for 10+ years with good results. 
The prices in your seller's store sale are the lowest I've ever seen for a pair Avon sport touring tires.
I'd hop on it myself except my tires are too close to new ...

Red Fox said:
I been wearing the Avons prior Storm 3's, 2's and 1's for 10+ years with good results. 
The prices in your seller's store sale are the lowest I've ever seen for a pair Avon sport touring tires.
I'd hop on it myself except my tires are too close to new ...

If the prices are THAT low, i'd buy a spare set, or three.  :beerchug:

After the rebate its $205 for a set.

I have run the 3DXM's a few times, currently on a set of Dunlop RS's. But I just got a delivery of a set of the AVON's and have placed my rebate claim.

Cheers!

I've been a fan of the 3D-XM's for some now, been through over dozen sets of them. My impressions with the ST's so far are not good. 1st set was only good for 4,045 miles & were well beyond wore out. 3D's typically averaged 6,700. I'll admit they were all hard miles, no highway. Somewhere in that last 25% of tread life handling became awful.

Pulled the second set off at 1,250 miles (I will reinstall them), all easy miles. They were down to 5/32's already & I needed to make a little 2,000 mile round trip down to FL for a trackday. These tires start out with 9/32's so I was concerned about their condition when arriving at the track. They looked great, but by measurement they were 50% gone.

Haven't bothered even measuring the current set for tread wear. We'll see how they fair. I switched to ST's because I was told the 3D's were out of production & ST's were the latest model. I've been in contact with Avon & they say 3D's are in current production in all sizes.

Just my .02!

Votee Cliff OTP traveler  :motonoises: Vote Cliff OTP traveler  :motonoises: Vote Cliff OTP traveler  :motonoises: Vote Cliff OTP traveler  :motonoises: Vote Cliff OTP traveler  :motonoises:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Good info, all I want is a set of tires to make it to 2500 or 3500 miles when I travel. They are usually hard miles with limited slab. If I have some tread left and I think I can make the next trip, I always take the used tires off give them to a friend and slap a new set on. Peace of mind.

Just Cliff said:
I've been a fan of the 3D-XM's for some now, been through over dozen sets of them. My impressions with the ST's so far are not good. 1st set was only good for 4,045 miles & were well beyond wore out. 3D's typically averaged 6,700. I'll admit they were all hard miles, no highway. Somewhere in that last 25% of tread life handling became awful.

Pulled the second set off at 1,250 miles (I will reinstall them), all easy miles. They were down to 5/32's already & I needed to make a little 2,000 mile round trip down to FL for a trackday. These tires start out with 9/32's so I was concerned about their condition when arriving at the track. They looked great, but by measurement they were 50% gone.

Haven't bothered even measuring the current set for tread wear. We'll see how they fair. I switched to ST's because I was told the 3D's were out of production & ST's were the latest model. I've been in contact with Avon & they say 3D's are in current production in all sizes.

Just my .02!

Great comparative info for Avon tire users, like me - thanks!