• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

First PA 'Gold Rush' of 2022 - April 24

2andblue

COG Executive Director
Keep on the lookout Northeast Event in process of being posted..!

Join this early year ride of some of PA's best Eastern Appalachians roads. Expect fun to challenging twisties, elevation changes, overlooks, windmills and when you think it's over there'll be more twisties. Very nice area to enjoy the capabilities of the C-14 and get ready for an exciting 2022!

Sign-Up:
  • Cost: FREE
  • Registration Requested
Meetup Locations (kickstand up times listed):
  • Southern: 8:15 A.M. @ WAWA Gas Station 8250 Limekiln Pike, Wyncote, PA 19095
  • Northern: 10:00 A.M. @ SHEETZ Gas Station, 8555 Lancaster Ave, Bethel, PA 19507
Lunch:
~1:00 P.M. @ Bandits Roadhouse, 1922 West Front Street Berwick, PA, 18603.

Following excellent grub turn northerly for some more twisties before heading south back toward starting locations.

Route Highlights
HWY 125 (Goldmine Road) , HWY 339, HWY 487, HWY 87 with some connectors and possibly re-runs by request mixed in.

Route surface condition and construction confirmation (sighting-run) planned 16/17th-Apr with GPX file to follow. Interested for dry-run weekend - PM me directly.

Event is posted, please register so we can reserve space for lunch. Lets not be sitting someplace for lunch without space while the road is calling.

Note on registration and details there are 2 starting points, Northern Start point is very close to the entry point for the finest roads in this state.

Let's do this! Event link

Wayne, Carol & Blue

1650028143012.pngIs anyone in PA alive out there...!? One Day (24-April), minimal commitment, and maximum FUN!

1650028457570.png

Join this early in the year ride of some of PA's best Eastern Appalachians roads. EVENT LINK

Many PA motorcyclists know Gold Mine Road & PA 125 as Pennsylvania’s version of the world renown Tail of the Dragon. On this ride we'll link PA 125 with other similar gems in the area for a roller-coaster type ride featuring steep climbs, quick descents, sharp corners, some technically challenging sneaky turns and blind hills with tight switchbacks. Restoring your wits and cooling your tires there are some wide open views, gentle hills and sweeper corners mixed in.

This is not a ride for the beginner, additionally, your machine needs to be well maintained. This ride will challenge your personal skills and your machine's engine, brakes, gearbox and tires will also receive a healthy work out.

Come join us in kicking off 2022 with an exhilirating ride, excellent lunchtime grub and share some good stories.

Sign-Up:
Hope to see you soon,
Wayne, Carol and Blue

Last edited:
Looks like a great event......
I'm sorry I'm 5 hours away.
Have fun and be sure to share some pictures.
jason

@gsjay we'll make up for your miss at the Spring Fling... BTW - Weather forecast is looking great too! Great roads, great people, great bikes - does it get any better???

CMon' folks get signed up, I need to make a reservation for lunch at Bandit's Roadhouse, BTW check out that menu...

If you are on the fence see outline of itinerary below. Start times for each meeting spot are listed in the event. Note the stop-off to see Whistler's Mother statue - this is an interesting stop, good stretch of the legs and a cool view of the landscape below. We'll sprinkle in a couple other leg stretchers but this gets you an overview of this exciting route and layout of about 4+ hours of twisty mountain riding!
  • Grey are expressway travel roads to get to / from the fun spots as quickly as possible (without wearing on time or body)
  • Green are arguably some of the best motorcycle roads in PA for a mix of twisties, views and elevations changes
  • Orange are connectors
PA First Gold 2022.jpg
Get signed up, see you soon!

Wayne, Carol & Blue

@gMitch I love the profile pic!

I’ll drop the GPX tomorrow.

If you are to join the ride please sign-up, getting a great group together, this is awesome.

COG strikes gold!!! LOL

Wayne, Carol & Blue

Weather is looking GREAT for this Sunday's ride, Shamokin PA's weather forecast; can it be that spring in the mountains has finally sprung...?

1650622496883.png

If you haven't signed up and interested in riding the PA eastern Appalachians see route GPX File and route Overview above then jump over and sign-up at the EVENT LINK - will be a fun, challenging and enjoyable ride! Also who can turn down a chance to visit with Whistlers Mother?

See you soon! Wayne, Carol & Blue

1650729454626.png
The road is ready, the weather is great, Bandit’s Roadhouse has us covered - Are you ready to ride?

Last chance to sign up - EVENT LINK

For those already signed up see you at the start locations and KSU times!

Wayne, Carol & Blue

you kids behave yourselves............
No citations or ditches!
jason
Yes Dad… 🤪

We’re in for an exciting, sunshiny, road ripping day without the above (especially ditches)!

You guys have fun down there as well in MD, great area. Sent you a PM for an excellent route close by you.

Tune in for pics later!

Wayne, Carol & Blue

8 riders Attended todays ride. Weather was perfect, roads were great, riders carved the mountains, friendships were made and lunch was entertaining!

Personally, I met some folks today I would not have met if it weren’t for COG and today’s event; plans are already coming together for more rides.

See some pics below of the group and action shots.

428B0AE2-F497-467F-A95D-083EF3E25F98.jpeg73B5C67F-5EE5-4133-8571-C595675C3242.jpegF4CFC042-58E4-4415-8C70-0EA3616E07E4.jpegD3FF64BD-E458-4EF6-95FC-3B5DA1F4F180.jpeg
A36C4E9D-A7E2-48EA-B63D-A7BC163DF84A.jpeg

Great job organizing this ride Wayne and Carol, and a very nice report with great photos! This will hopefully inspire others to plan some rides. 🏍️

Wow, looks like was a great ride. Have downloaded the gpx and info for my "storehouse of roads to visit"

Clearly you really put a lot of prep effort into this (perhaps channeling your inner Jason). Nicely done.

I personally tend to use the "Dusty"method :
Ah heck, will meet around somewhere here about when we're ready and then - I don't know - let's just follow Roger123!

Great job organizing this ride Wayne and Carol, and a very nice report with great photos! This will hopefully inspire others to plan some rides. 🏍️
Thank You.

We will drop a few more rides onto the calendar. Although a stay overnight is not out of the question we prefer out and back same day rides (to extend reach, means some droning on the turnpike - I know not everyone likes) which usually keeps us nimble and within a weeks’ notice…. Nonetheless lookout for some other rides, I’ll get a couple posted today!

Wayne, Carol & Blue

I think we need another one of these rides 😃
No problem - would be happy to stitch something together soon and get it posted for sometime in April. Possibly an impromptu event in March, weather is a roll of the dice that time of year though..

BTW - Next time we’ll have the GoPro mounted up for some fun footage capture!

Wayne, Carol & Blue

No problem - would be happy to stitch something together soon and get it posted for sometime in April. Possibly an impromptu event in March, weather is a roll of the dice that time of year though..

BTW - Next time we’ll have the GoPro mounted up for some fun footage capture!

Wayne, Carol & Blue
Preparing and submitting it to the event calendar sooner, rather later, is better to get it on more member's radar.