• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Flag Mounts for the C14 - Custom Made by Phil's Farkles

Eupher

I had occasion to correspond with Phil Ham, owner of Phil's Farkles. I had already purchased one of his very nice luggage racks and thought that some sort of flag mount could be made to fit his rack, or even the stock plastic rack -- though it goes without saying that the plastic rack is pretty flimsy and may not withstand some of the pressures of even one or two 6"x9" flags.

Phil took up the challenge and fabricated these two great-looking flagpole mounts.

If you ride for Patriot Guard Riders, this may be of interest to you. If you're not a GoldWing or Harley rider, it's difficult to find something that fits well and looks good due to the design of the C14. Phil's effort looks absolutely great.

The brass rod is 3/8" diameter, is stiff enough (whoa fellas!) and holds up well in the wind with a small 6x9 flag. The last PGR mission I was on, we were up to 60 mph (though very briefly). The fasteners held up well with no failures.

If you're interested in these, contact Phil. Since this pair was the first of a kind, I don't believe he has these in inventory yet but with enough interest, it seems reasonable he'd expand his portfolio a bit.

Flagmount-1.JPG

Flagmount-2.JPG
Flagmount-3.JPG
Flagmount-4.JPG

And from underneath the rack:

Flagmount-5.JPG