• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Flash

mjsrmiller9825

Was pushed off ledge to get a flash for my C14 by the recent article on cog about epa cracking down on companies that are altering ecu's. I won't mention which one since I have seen how that ends up. I for one am pretty sure that all of the providers are capable of producing good product. At any rate after a short ride yesterday I was grinning ear to ear. Absolutely feels like a different machine. I never would have dreamed I would ride in my lifetime, a moto that runs like this. If you have been sitting on the fence like me, take the plunge. Thank you cog for making me aware.

Was pushed off ledge to get a flash for my C14 by the recent article on cog about epa cracking down on companies that are altering ecu's. I won't mention which one since I have seen how that ends up. I for one am pretty sure that all of the providers are capable of producing good product. At any rate after a short ride yesterday I was grinning ear to ear. Absolutely feels like a different machine. I never would have dreamed I would ride in my lifetime, a moto that runs like this. If you have been sitting on the fence like me, take the plunge. Thank you cog for making me aware.
Knew you would love the improvement immediately - crazy how far off the tuning from Kawasaki is…

now put a black widow full exhaust. it will be even better.
look up aftermarkets header thread. interesting stuff in there. black widow will you purchase the header stand alone too so you can put your favorite muffler of your choice.😉

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210213-120554.jpg
    Screenshot_20210213-120554.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 101
TONS of information within the site here on flashes.

I have Ivan’s Performance Full AreaP tuning, excellent product. Do believe Shoodaben Engineering offers a wider variety of tuning products - I have no experience with this product although expect the very best as well.

Literally just contact those two real players and talk with them over what result you want, choose the one you are most aligned / comfortable with.

Contact the vendors, check the reviews in their areas, RESIST the urge to start a comparison here. Therein lies the "way to madness" (and locked threads....) ;) (2andblue gave good advice. )

Thanks guys

If you're running either a Delkevic or a Black Widow header, I have a hack for getting significant low rpm torque back in my Shoodaben vendor area. Right now just the Delkevic hack is posted, but the Black Widow really gained too. I'm currently sourcing a different reducer than what I used, but if you have a Black Widow header, you want this, so keep an eye peeled for when I post it.

Steve

If you're running either a Delkevic or a Black Widow header, I have a hack for getting significant low rpm torque back in my Shoodaben vendor area. Right now just the Delkevic hack is posted, but the Black Widow really gained too. I'm currently sourcing a different reducer than what I used, but if you have a Black Widow header, you want this, so keep an eye peeled for when I post it.

Steve
I have the Black Widow headers, Delkevic exhaust, and a flash. It's like a completely different bike now! Looking forward to trying this hack.