• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Flashapalooza

bowtie39

Much written about Mt R tuning here so we have a good idea of the success in our machines.  Absolutely agree with what I've read so I have no conflicting evidence otherwise. 

The what and why behind choosing this flash is probably no different from anyone else....wanting friendlier throttle control regardless of how you ride this bike.  No matter if I am just putting around or asking it for nice control thru turns after downshifting this tune delivers.  Run slow.....fast.....I get a smirk every time I twist the throttle and it is ready.  No more snatchy delayed response. 

For the performance aspect I will trust Steve and his testing....dyno's .....that it is on point.  I know it runs really well but then again we all know this.  For the improved mileage there again I trust what is built into the tune.  I suppose more miles per tank is nice but I'm not really a stickler about this.  To be honest.....have ridden bike since flash in horrible conditions meaning the wind!  Don't want to judge under those conditions so will have a wait and see concerning economy. 

What I will absolutely say is follow what Steve has suggested concerning throttle cable adjustment.  Just do it!!!  It works. 

Full disclosure....I had a '11 with the Evo tune so I was somewhat prepared.  But IMO this flash may be just a tad better with controlling the decel and back on throttle response.  It's making the Connie great again!

bowtie39 said:
Full disclosure....I had a '11 with the Evo tune so I was somewhat prepared.  But IMO this flash may be just a tad better with controlling the decel and back on throttle response.  It's making the Connie great again!

Man, I'm excited; my MR flashed ECU is on its way back from the Chapel.
I also have '11 with the EVO flash which was an excellent flash but I am looking forward to getting a bit more decel and throttle response with the same EVO characteristics.