• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

for sale 2003

Hi all.
I am melancholy as I type this, but I have to face reality and sell the Connie.
When I bought her I was 2 months pre surgery, mitigating pain with chemicals and honestly I believe ...grasping at straws to feel young and feisty again.
I do NOT know if I will ever ride again, or if I will even WANT TO... and certainly this gem does not need to be cocooned in my garage. I Bought her, drove her home, registered her, bought new helmets and.......there she sits, never taken out. When you are learning to walk again, dealing with physical therapy, and walkers, and canes, and doctors, and medications and all that crap... sadly RIDING is out of the question.
I didn't fully realize what a time capsule I had purchased. Literally 4570 miles on the clock, completely original and stock. Not a scratch, not a drip, nothing. I know for a fact if she sits in MY garage doing nothing, shes gonna get bumped or spilled on, or something horrible. Shes already DUSTY and needs a bath, just from garage dust.
I want to get somewhere around 6k ish.
Everyone here is really nice so please dont put me on blast for the price, we all know whats going on with vehicle prices, I am just following suit.
Ken
801-330-1413
Salt Lake City area*

Attachments

• 20220524_075407.jpg
    20220524_075407.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 131
  • 20220523_153418.jpg
    20220523_153418.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 138
Arghhhh!!
This might or might not help.

A long time ago, I was kind of in the same boat, knees were shot, surgery to be done, riding looked to be over, so I bought *one.
Almost gave up, but used it for encouragement, and after a lot of frustrating months, I was riding again.
** Did I mention, that bike was also a RED 03? (fastest color)

Ride safe, Ted

PS: DO put some 2 stroke oil in it, crank it periodically, and let it run. (to [err] keep the carbs clean)

Last edited:
I fire her up every week minimum.. I put Stabil in the gas.. and yeh carbs are bitchy for a bit.. yesterday I put more high test in the tank to dilute the situation and let her run for about 20 minutes with some revving for fun... also to wake the carbs up :)
Ken

Hi all.
I am melancholy as I type this, but I have to face reality and sell the Connie.
When I bought her I was 2 months pre surgery, mitigating pain with chemicals and honestly I believe ...grasping at straws to feel young and feisty again.
I do NOT know if I will ever ride again, or if I will even WANT TO... and certainly this gem does not need to be cocooned in my garage. I Bought her, drove her home, registered her, bought new helmets and.......there she sits, never taken out. When you are learning to walk again, dealing with physical therapy, and walkers, and canes, and doctors, and medications and all that crap... sadly RIDING is out of the question.
I didn't fully realize what a time capsule I had purchased. Literally 4570 miles on the clock, completely original and stock. Not a scratch, not a drip, nothing. I know for a fact if she sits in MY garage doing nothing, shes gonna get bumped or spilled on, or something horrible. Shes already DUSTY and needs a bath, just from garage dust.
I want to get somewhere around 6k ish.
Everyone here is really nice so please dont put me on blast for the price, we all know whats going on with vehicle prices, I am just following suit.
Ken
801-330-1413
Salt Lake City area*
Ken, I too wanted to feel feisty again! I don't know what your medical problems are but let me tell you after 4 lower back operations through the years I still farm and ride a tractor, combine, truck and ATV's, I thought why not try a motorcycle? I used to ride at one time. I am learning with the C-10 I have found muscles I forgot I had! My inner thighs are killing me!
Just a thought, keep your bike for a while if nothing else but to keep the dream alive for a bit. If you can keep her off to herself so she won't get dinged. When my back troubles began I had to set my plane aside until recovered. Still was fun to look at and polish! But I was able to get back in her. Only until the FAA required me (due to other medicines) to stop flying did I sell her. I am a retired paramedic and the loss of the "adrenaline rush" was hard to take. The C-10 has brought some back! Adrenaline in my opinion is the best medicine.