• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Fork setup advice needed

cragantler

So I've searched the past posts and yet still here I am.
2000 C-10 with 66k.
Getting ready to replace steering head bearings w/ OEM and thought this would be a great time to improve the front suspension.
I'm about 180 lbs. with "medium" riding aka commuting on interstate with Western NC roads for the rest.
Thoughts were going with Racetech springs. Their page shows that I should go with the 0.90kg spring.
I've read of using off brand emulators but wanted to go the route of using the Racetechs.

My seals are good with no leaks but this would be a good time to replace them?
Is it that difficult to install and tune emulators?
Is there a standard rate for oil weight or is it trial and error?
First time into forks but not mechanically scared and do have a well worn Kaw Service Manual.
Any tips, thoughts or opinions are always welcome.
Thanks, Doug

Good info there. I would just call Racetech and have a good conversation with them.
It won't cost anthing other than the call.

Discussion's, with details on Emulator installation.

Ride safe, Ted

Last edited: