• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Fork Springs - which ones

Con05

I want to upgrade my front springs to address dive issues but do not want to sacrifice the ride. Which is the better set up? I weigh 160lbs with gear. Progressive springs with 15W oil, new 1.0 sonic springs with 15w or 1.1 sonic with 15w?

I weigh about 150 with gear on and went with the Sonic 1.1's. If you look around I think most here go with the Sonics. They really made my bike stable out on the highway. It's a great, cheap, easy upgrade. You won't be sorry. '02 Connie COG # 6662 Dallas, Tx

I put progressives with 15w in a few years back. I even won some 1.1s at a rally and never got around to trying them. I just had no issue with the way the progressives and 15w was working for me. I am 180~ ---------------------------------- South Central Area Director Email scad@cog-online.org
2277636501_61718d569a.jpg
<p align="left"><a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/20211686@N05/">My Photos<br

I'm 5'6" @ 175lbs and put a set of Progressive springs on last year with 10w oil. The only change I would make it put in 15w oil. Otherwise I love the Progressive springs. Hope this helps. John

mark, i have the progressives, and I live right down the road from you if you would like to see what my bike feels like, let me know

I had Progressive springs in my 03 and tried 10w and 15w oil. By far the 15w oil was the best. Here lately the wife and I was getting beat up pretty badly commuting back and forth to work. She said to fix the bike or else.... Called Murph, I replaced the rear shock with the Fat Bastard Progressive model because we are both on the large side and I use the Concours as a pack mule. The ride greatly improved but we were still getting beat up pretty bad. I ordered the 1.2 Sonics, 15w oil and new fork seals from Murph, 3 hrs later it rides better than the wifes Cadillac now. The wife is now happy, which makes me happy ;p enough said. Kurt & Sue Nordstrom Spotsylvania, VA COG 6049 & 6049A VA & WV Assistant Area Directors