• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Fork Tools offer

OMoaC

This offer stands for members only. I have the traxxion tool set for dis assembling the C14 front forks as well as the gauge to set fork oil level. I rec'd a gift cert at the ID nat's for traxxion and contacted them. Good folks. I inquired about front fork springs and they told me the front forks were well sprung from the factory but they could rebuild the valving. Thanks to their honesty I used the gift cert to purchase the tools, seals and oil as I had a leaky seal. For the price of shipping I would be happy to send these tools to MEMBERS ONLY to use on an honor basis and send to the next. CAVEAT, You break 'em you buy 'em. Fair? Spring compressor tool, extended hex key, tool for the center rod and oil level syringe. The rest is up to you.

I thought we were going to work out a trade....

I'm willing to ship my portion any-old-time - you just let me know an address and I'll get 'em in the mail.

notsluggo said:
I thought we were going to work out a trade....

I'm willing to ship my portion any-old-time - you just let me know an address and I'll get 'em in the mail.
Aye. I'll PM ya. I'm thinking this is a good thing for any one off seldom used tool. Kinda like the windscreen swap that was going around awhile back.  :great:

I have ordered the Traxxion AK20's and they're due end of FEB.

Does this offer still exist?

I would appreciate the use, indeed.

Thanks

JDSCO said:
I have ordered the Traxxion AK20's and they're due end of FEB.

Does this offer still exist?

I would appreciate the use, indeed.

Thanks

Yes, offer still exists, so long as you are a paying member. I am in possession of the tools. The tool to set oil level does need a new o-ring on the plunger, but otherwise it works well. You will also need a ratchet strap to compress the spring.

Syxxphive said:
Yes, offer still exists, so long as you are a paying member. I am in possession of the tools. The tool to set oil level does need a new o-ring on the plunger, but otherwise it works well. You will also need a ratchet strap to compress the spring.

PM sent

Thanks
js

Received Fork Tools pkg today
Syringe is fubar, I'll replace it
Traxxion ships end of FEB 2018

Attachments

• Fork Tools.jpg
    Fork Tools.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 163
Outstanding Gent's!  :great: Keep paying it forward  :beerchug: Love this club and Peeps.  :motonoises:

JDSCO said:
Received Fork Tools pkg today
Syringe is fubar, I'll replace it
Traxxion ships end of FEB 2018

Glad they made it safe. The syringe probably just needs a new O Ring. Before you use the oil level tool, verify the depth measurement. It was a bit loose when I used it and may have moved a scoshe.

I received the fork tools a couple days ago and Scott helped me run down the Stem socket as well. They are both in my possession currently and I hope to start work shortly. I posted the following on the stem bearing tool thread and thought it should be here as well...

http://forum.cog-online.org/concours-14-zg1400-general-chat-and-tech/the-new-traveling-steering-head-bearing-tool-thread!/msg668145/#msg668145

Received the steering stem socket yesterday. I cannot imagine someone doing fork seals and NOT wanting to at least check, adjust and slather some grease on stem bearings while yer servicing IMO.  So I believe the next person to request the tools will get the combined "kit". The added weight / size of the stem socket will have very little impact on shipping cost and traveling together will save some time tracking them down for the next guy / gal if they share my thought process.  Yes???

I just came across this. I think it is a great deal for Club Members.
  Proof of the saying; Join for the Bike, stay for the People……

Thanks to "all" that contributed to the tool package. {I think it was mostly "Old Man On a Connie" and Ghost Rider?}
Great that you did this!!

Ride safe, Ted  {Fly Navy}

PS: Please don't tell the "Old {Marine} Guy" I sed something nice about him.  :truce:

EZ said:
I received the fork tools a couple days ago and Scott helped me run down the Stem socket as well. They are both in my possession currently and I hope to start work shortly. I posted the following on the stem bearing tool thread and thought it should be here as well...

http://forum.cog-online.org/concours-14-zg1400-general-chat-and-tech/the-new-traveling-steering-head-bearing-tool-thread!/msg668145/#msg668145

Received the steering stem socket yesterday. I cannot imagine someone doing fork seals and NOT wanting to at least check, adjust and slather some grease on stem bearings while yer servicing IMO.  So I believe the next person to request the tools will get the combined "kit". The added weight / size of the stem socket will have very little impact on shipping cost and traveling together will save some time tracking them down for the next guy / gal if they share my thought process.  Yes???

doubled it up for you..

http://forum.cog-online.org/concours-14-zg1400-general-chat-and-tech/the-new-traveling-steering-head-bearing-tool-thread!/msg668382/#msg668382

connie_rider said:
I just came across this. I think it is a great deal for Club Members.
  Proof of the saying; Join for the Bike, stay for the People……

Thanks to "all" that contributed to the tool package. {I think it was mostly "Old Man On a Connie" and Ghost Rider?}
Great that you did this!!

Ride safe, Ted  {Fly Navy}

PS: Please don't tell the "Old {Marine} Guy" I sed something nice about him.  :truce:
I also threw in the seal driver when I had the kit about 18 months ago. Great thing to keep going for club members.