• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Found: Aftermarket windshield

My original windshield is cracked and not tall enough for me.

I placed an order with Rifle on April 3. Two weeks later I learned that the lead time would be 4-6 weeks. After 9 weeks I still don't have it and they are still weeks away from completing my order. I would like to leave on a long trip on June 26th with a new and better windshield. That is my sob story.

Does anyone have a Madstad or Rifle windshield they would consider selling to me?

Thank you
Sam

Yes....I have a Madstad. Will get more info this evening about size of shield if your interested. Where are you located?

Roger

Sam, it's what they call the 18" however it measures 18 1/4" bottom to top. Would ship for 150.00. I can show pics if you like.

Roger

Thanks Roger.

If someone has a 20" Madstad that would be better for me, but if one doesn't turn up by Monday when I cancel my Rifle order I'll be happy to buy yours.

My custom (short) Rifle shield took right at 2 months to arrive but I ordered it right at the begining of the pandemic . I figured lead times for them would be better by now .

I'm not usually such a grumpy customer but if they don't say anything before the order is placed about lead times I assume it should be less than two months. And then when they can't keep their promised ship date and I have to call to find that out, multiple times and with no proactive communication from them it really grinds my gears.

It sounds like they have only one person capable of forming the base who only works on the weekends and doesn't always make any progress on his official queue, and when asked (by their own employees) his answer to every question is that he will get it done 'this weekend'.

I'm not usually such a grumpy customer but if they don't say anything before the order is placed about lead times I assume it should be less than two months. And then when they can't keep their promised ship date and I have to call to find that out, multiple times and with no proactive communication from them it really grinds my gears.

It sounds like they have only one person capable of forming the base who only works on the weekends and doesn't always make any progress on his official queue, and when asked (by their own employees) his answer to every question is that he will get it done 'this weekend'.

I had pretty much the same experience . Happy with the end result but may think twice about doing business with them again .

I am purchasing Roger's windshield. Not sure if there is a mechanism for closing the post. Although if anyone has the 20" Madstad (shield only) I might be interested.