• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Found Another CL77 Unobtanium Part

gbyoung2

The CL77 "kit bike" I found a couple of years ago continues to be a work in progress, like most vintage "anythings". It's all together and running great but has a few external, aesthetic nits that I'm slowly addressing. One was the generator cover. It had a gouge from a drop by a PO that pushed the rear brake lever into it. Still functional, but that visual oops kinda bugged me. One vintage bike restoration parts site had reproductions, but by the time I decided to get off my wallet, he sold out. His previous source and he parted ways, so no new ones were forthcoming. Rats! All the other ones I was able to locate were used (and pricey), but they also had the same damage that mine had. Double rats.

I continued to look on and off over time, and those searches finally paid off a couple of days ago. I found a fella on eBay that started making them available. Being a polished aluminum cast piece, they're not particularly cheap. I made an offer, and he accepted; it arrived yesterday.

IMG_1250-L.jpg

We're happy.

Looks good.

Unobtanium? I can't find that one on the Periodic Table of Elements. Does it have atomic mass?
Sounds like a good investment opportunity.

Looks good.

Unobtanium? I can't find that one on the Periodic Table of Elements. Does it have atomic mass?
Sounds like a good investment opportunity.

It is if there's a demand - AND - you are the only source.

Also, its mass can be inversely proportional to the thickness of your wallet after that investment. :cry:

Very nice Guy! It's so shiny, I can see them winter white legs! You just have to keep looking. My unobtainium was OEM fairing mounted mirrors for my Suzuki. I looked for those for many years. Some popped up on eBay last year. Brand new and CHEAP! Oh happy day! Glad you found one.