• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Found some tires for my C1000

MartyJ

Hi, I don't know how many C1000 owners this will help, but better to pass it on than not I guess.
Bike Bandit just hooked me up with proper sized radials front and rear for my 05 Connie w/18k on it. My bike had a radial up front and a bias ply on the rear, and I just hated it, not really because I could feel it, but it was the idea of it.
So I called their tech support, and they suggested Shinko 011 Verge radials 120-70-18, front and same model in 150/80/16 rear, stock sizes. Shinko used to be Yokohama, so I guess I would give them the benefit of the doubt. Nice part was total out the door for the tires w/shipping was $199.51. Already got 'em, they look and feel great. 

Note: I see someone else found them on closeout.

They seem to know their stuff, and are helpful. I bought most of my dirt bike stuff from them, back when my body tolerated that. I also have an ancient '85 Magna that I get parts from them for. It's getting tough to keep that thing on the road. Guess I'm a sucker for old bikes, or probably I'm just old... I love some of the new tech, but I like the older bikes a lot.

Martin,
    IIRC, I ran the 011 Verge on the front of my C10 for the last couple of years that I had it, always returning 14-16k miles. Got fed up w/ the dismal mileages :-[ from the Avons, plus they seemed to require a longer time vs. the Shinkos until they "warmed up".

as for your concern about the radial / bias mis-matching of tires, I've run thousands of miles w/ that combo on the C10 w/ no ill-effect....

p.s.: That being posted, some users have had poor experiences using the Shinkos...

I like Shinkos. Ran then on several bikes and was impressed with the handling and mileage. Best tires I ever ran on my Bandit. Usually you get one or the other, handling or mileage. They seemed to give both at a great price.

Thanks for the tire info. Just ordered a set, free shipping is NICE.

Thanks once again.

Dave's 00
COG 4475
03 Connie (GQ)

I had to replace my rear tire for this season. I did't care for what was offered in 16" Radials as far as tread pattern I figured I would try the Kenda Kruz K673 in the stock 150/80-16.
I was worried it may feel strange things leaving my radial up front. Bike feels the same and I trust it more on wet roads. I doesn't pull anymore on "grooved" pavement. Just my 2¢.