• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Free Admission To The 2011 International Motorcycle Show

charlie gary

"Special" Assistant to the NWAD
http://www.motorcycleshows.com/seattle
It's only a few more weeks before the International Motorcycle Show takes place in the Convention Center in downtown Seattle.  Dec. 16th, 17th and 18th are the dates, and for anybody who wants to get in for free, all you have to do is volunteer to spend some time in the Club Connection booth.  You stand there for a while and watch folks walk by.  Every now and then someone will come over and ask questions.  Not a bad trade if you don't want to spend money to get in.  If you want to do this, send an e-mail to nwad@cog-online.org and tell me your name and preference for schedule.  First come, first serve, and three spots have been spoken for already.  If you're interested, drop me a line.

OK, one week to go.  Here's the schedule of volunteers as I know it to be.

Friday evening, 6:30-9pm, Mitch Von

Saturday morning, 9:30-11:30am, Roland Vetter

Saturday afternoon just after lunch, 1:30-3:30pm, Fred Dykens and Dan Paulsen

Saturday afternoon, 3:30-5:30pm, Charlie Gary and Dave Linden

I'm currently seeking information on where to go to get in.  As soon as I have that, I will post it here.

And don't forget lunch at Von's at 12pm Saturday.

Here's what I've learned about getting into the show if you're a volunteer:

"The guys check in to get their passes at Exhibitor Registration, which will be a big series of booths in the lobby outside of our show. Everyone’s pass will be under their name.
Once they obtain their passes, they can go on inside the show. The Rider Connection is a big booth where everything is colored blue. There they will meet our fulltime staff people, Danny and Brittany. They will point them the volunteers to the right desk and help them further from there."

If there are any more questions, let me know.

Thanks Charlie for putting this together.  I got in free, which is a bargain at twice the  price.  Good things happen to those who volunteer with COG.