• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Front lowering options with Murphs' Handle Bar Adapter?

vincenstuff

BLUF: is the Murphy Handle Bar Adapter compatible with raising the forks in the triple tree?

So, just realize my new-to-me 2001 ride came with (Murphs'?) spacers already under the handlebars... yay!

Except, I want to get the grips closer to me and was looking at Murphs' Handle Bar Adapter to swap in a new bar. Suddenly realized I may not be able to raise the front forks 1 to 1.25 inches in the tree like I planned, once the Handle Bar Adapter is installed...

Will this still be an option?

Also planning to get the back lower as well, but didn't see a Murphs' option for that... will keep searching on that one.

Vince, I have the bar risers from Murph and just put on the tubular adapters from Storz.
Left the bar risers on and had no problem. Guess it could depends what style bars you go with if you keep the risers or not. I went with the super-bike bend.
Hope this helps.

Attachments

• 23696211-5404-4360-B19D-D410D6699DC8.jpeg
    23696211-5404-4360-B19D-D410D6699DC8.jpeg
    165.2 KB · Views: 160