• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Fuel tap mesh filter wanted.

M

MD634281

Hi again, my1995 A9 is nearly finished at last! I just need one part now, the plastic mesh gauze/filter that is fitted to the fuel tap. It comes out very easily but I cannot find any listings for new ones, mine has gone AWOL but it was missing some of the gauze filter stuff anyway :confused:
So, I'm wondering if anyone who has replaced the full tap and kept the old one (as I would, 'just in case' šŸ¤£) has one for sale?
Its just the mesh bit I need, about 3" x 1" that covers the fuel outlets. I'm in th UK but would pay shipping from the USA as it cannot be much!
I've rebuilt this tap with genuine repair parts, so don't want to spend Ā£90 on a complete new one.
Thanks, Mike

If you haven't already done so, thoroughly clean the tank and then run an inline fuel filter between the petcock and the carbs.

Hi again, my1995 A9 is nearly finished at last! I just need one part now, the plastic mesh gauze/filter that is fitted to the fuel tap. It comes out very easily but I cannot find any listings for new ones, mine has gone AWOL but it was missing some of the gauze filter stuff anyway :confused:
So, I'm wondering if anyone who has replaced the full tap and kept the old one (as I would, 'just in case' šŸ¤£) has one for sale?
Its just the mesh bit I need, about 3" x 1" that covers the fuel outlets. I'm in th UK but would pay shipping from the USA as it cannot be much!
I've rebuilt this tap with genuine repair parts, so don't want to spend Ā£90 on a complete new one.
Thanks, Mike
Never heard of anyone replacing only that but if you go with an inline filter , these are the way to go . Run the 90 degree side straight down to the carbs .

I've sealed the tank with POR15 kit, about the 8th tank I've done with this kit, they are superb!
I've already got an inline filter, but would like to replace the in-tank one as well, as stated I've rebuilt the tap with genuine parts, plus I cannot afford to buy a new one. Cra-z1000, can you show me the filter you mean? Mine are just straight inline filters, without 90 deg bend.

I'm also thinking of adding brass rod overflows to the carb bowls: can anyone post the link about it/a 'How to' please? I keep getting Error 404 due to the site re-work :(

I've sealed the tank with POR15 kit, about the 8th tank I've done with this kit, they are superb!
I've already got an inline filter, but would like to replace the in-tank one as well, as stated I've rebuilt the tap with genuine parts, plus I cannot afford to buy a new one. Cra-z1000, can you show me the filter you mean? Mine are just straight inline filters, without 90 deg bend.
It's the one in the link . I had a straight one when I bought the bike but it caused starvation . These allow the fuel line to not bend as much .