• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

[FYI] Photo Seat Comparison: Stock x Corbin x Russel

BBear

I reached out to a COG member who was kind enough to take some photos of the multiple seat options available for the C10. I felt like it was very informative so I am posting here as a FYI.

Here's a picture of the stock seat for reference:

This is the older style stock seat. You can see it's flatter and a little higher:

Here's the Corbin. You can see, it sits you lower and a little further back:

And here's the Russell Day Long. You can see how much taller it sits you. Also pushes you back from the tank further than the stock seat:

There's a top view of the Corbin:

Here's the Russell. This is the double. They make a solo as well:

Corbin offers a passenger backrest for their seat. Russell offers a rider backrest option for their seat:

Russell builds on stock seat pan. It will have a serial number. They are built based on rider height and weight. They also build the passenger seat based on height and weight, if you buy the double:

And there's the Corbin. They use their own custom pan to build on:

Cheers!

Just to throw a third one in the mix, here is a Baldwin.

20150520_082855-M.jpg

This comparison is exactly what I was looking for!  I just bought an 86 today and was looking at seat options.  I'm 6'4 and the bike has a corbin with a small rip in it.  No pics to share yet but the seat will be up for sale/trade later.  Budget for the new seat is an issue so I'm looking for the flatter style original seat.  You said its an older seat.  What years have that flatter seat?

That seat was from first year of production, up until 1993, I believe. In 1994, they went to the stepped seat.
That's actually my bike and seats in the pics. That flat, older style seat will give you a little more height than your Corbin. Another thing you can do, if it's leg room you're after, is get a set of Knee Savers from Murphs. They use a lowering link and Goldwing foot pegs. You can see them on my bike in the pictures.

Thanks Jim!  I didn't know about Murph's but I may as well just send them my credit card in the mail.  Nice site.  Any more like that you know of? 
The knee savers look like a great idea. 

Yeah, look at Larry Buck's site. Buck Sport Touring.
Someone just posted a set of Knee Savers for sale in the C10 classifieds section...

Nevermind, I see now that it was you who bumped the thread.