• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

GA/FLA Border Challenge Folkston GA November 2nd

COGnosticator

On the calendar    https://cog.memberize.net/clubportal/EventDetail.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=258929&mo=11&tDate=%7Bd%20%272019%2D11%2D18%27%7DWhen:  November 2nd
Where: Okefenokee Restaurant, 1507 3rd St  Folkston, GA 31537

Meet at 11:00 and eat at 11:30

Website for Yelp as they don't have a website themselves:  https://www.yelp.com/biz/okefenokee-restaurant-folkston

I talked to Reid Yeargan today and we decided it was time to revive the GA/FLA challenge. This was started by Reid years ago and was always a fun time of food and camaraderie with a little bragging rights.  ;D  This is a ride to eat to see which state can bring the most COG members.  This event is open to everyone, but only COG members will be counted in the tally to determine a winner.  By next year we will have a plaque to give to the winning state.

If anyone know where the old plaque is, fess up and bring it with you.

I tried 3 times to get it on the calendar, only to do something stupid and the info was erased and I am old and crotchety so this is the only place to see.

Let's have a good turn out and hope the weather cooperates  :great:

Any questions, post them here

Hope to see you there.

Great idea. Let me know if I can help with that calendar business. It's even more crotchety than the Cognosticator!!

ron203 said:
Great idea. Let me know if I can help with that calendar business. It's even more crotchety than the Cognosticator!!

LOL, I gave up after 3 tries. I don't know what I was doing wrong as I have put quite a few things on the calendar.  Just not today  :mad:

Good. I havent' had time to look at it anyway. I'm on vacation (NOT). Scheduled 5 days off to ride, I've ridden exactly 1/2 of ONE. Now, out  to the garage. Connie awaits....

COGnosticator said:
The way it stands right now, Georgia is kicking a**, and no, not football  :mad:

Georgia 1  Florida -0-    :D

The score just got closer, tied at 1. I wonder where the flag is...

Reid just informed me that Nov 2nd is the GA FL Football game at 3pm

Do y'all want to move this out one week?

Let me know  as only 4 signed up 

COGnosticator said:
Reid just informed me that Nov 2nd is the GA FL Football game at 3pm

Do y'all want to move this out one week?

Let me know  as only 4 signed up 

Geez... had that weekend off too....  :41:

Iffin' y'all move to the next Sunday I could do it.

SteveJ. said:
ron203 said:
Watch for drunks heading toward Jacksonville.  ;D
Coming from FLA, staying off 301, I95 and I10 would be prudent, I'm thinking.

Skol.

Well, to get there in 4 hours(ish) requires I95 and 301... 

I guess I'll just have to outrun the little drunkards.  :motonoises:

SteveJ. said:
ron203 said:
Watch for drunks heading toward Jacksonville.  ;D
Coming from FLA, staying off 301, I95 and I10 would be prudent, I'm thinking.

Skol.

Most everyone will already be in J'ville by Saturday.

It'll be nice to get OUT of here during that fiasco.

Leaving home @ 6:00am meet with Jonbo @ 9:00am in Waldo, we should be rolling into Folkston around 11:00ish. Temperature looks to be perfect, looking forward to this.

Safe travels everyone.. :motonoises:

Just got in a few minutes ago.  439.8 miles round trip...  A GOOD day of riding, even though it
was on the slab.  :motonoises:

Great to see everyone!  I think I heard the head count at 16, so a pretty good showing for
a fairly short notice RTE.  Great place to eat... good food (buffet) and plenty of it!

FLORIDA Represent!!!!  We won the challenge!!  (Putting it politely)

Thanks Jerry for putting this together!  Thanks everyone for making it a great day.

(SISF....  Indicated 46 MPG for the ride home, I95/295.
It calculated to 47.2 crunching the numbers.  Speed was average 75-85mph,
with a few high speed passes  ;D.  Not too shabby!)

We had a great turn out, 18 people.  Georgia won 3 to 15  LOL

Great day for a ride and eat with friends.  Sorry you forgot, I thought you were supposed to be there

Jerry thanks for putting this together. I enjoyed meeting everyone. Logged 508 miles for a good lunch.