• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Garage find, '88 C-10, needs new home

Strawboss

My friend Frank Popiel is moving and has what I think is an '88 C-10, he does not know what to do with it and he is VERY interested in getting it out of his garage quickly as he has moved and the new property owner wants it out. Not sure of the mileage but I don't think it's above 50,000. The problem? It has not run in 3 years so some work needs done that I'm sure can reflect in the negotiations even if there are any as he wants this done soon. He's southwest of Cleveland OH. Email him and see whats up.

fpopiel@csginconline.com

I’d take it. But I’m leaving fro Springfield flat track races and won’t be back until Monday
I could pick it Tuesday

SOLD! I saw the bike a few months ago and he said he wanted to keep it, then he emails me today and says he moved over the weekend and it has to leave the barn like today. Uh, OK, I'm leaving out of town, I'll post on the forum, you never know maybe somebody knows somebody who wants/needs one, it's in good shape, certainly a primary bike and not a parts bike. He put for sale on facebook market place, sold in about 3 hours, go figure. Bob was a little late. Had I known he wanted to sell, I could have put Bob in touch. Somebody wanted it bad, I'll ask him where the guy was from who bought it..

OK, so I got in touch with the guy that bought this bike. He has no idea what he has. His admission, he's a Harley guy, he got it for his 20 y/o son who now says he does not like it cause it's red.......I tried to contact him BEFORE he did anything to the bike, it's been sitting for at least 4 years. He said they put a new battery in it and turned it over and it kinda ran......He drained the gas and put fresh gas in it and it kinda ran again. He said he has no idea what he got himself into. He traced down a loose wire so the electrics are sorted. I told him I'm 5 miles from him and to call me and we can go over the bike and I can try to prevent him from owning a 700lb paperweight as I told him he was EXTREMELY lucky it did not hydrolock, so far. He said he works on HD carbs, I said these were a bit different and there is a wealth of knowledge for him to look through here. He said he's probably going to sell it and that ONOBob has first refusal as he was about an hour late to contact Frank when he sold it to this guy.