• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Garmin Quest 2 question

Gil F.

Bicycle
Thinking about buying a refurbished Quest2 for my wife's bike. Does anyone know anything about this unit? I really like my 2610 but edgegps is out of them and has the quest for $225 which is about as much as we want to spend. Thanks Gil F.

I have a Quest 2. Had it for just over a year. Very happy with it. No maps to load just punch in the address and go. It has lots of space in the memory to load your own routes. The best part is its waterproof so mounting it on the bike was easy. I got it from Edge,,great service and shipping. The suction cup mount it comes with only lasted about 5 month in the car so I got a Ram mount. Here is a good place for the mounts you may need. http://www.expressmounts.com/ CT AAD COG #7011-A 2003 Concours-Mary Ann 1995 Honda Nighthawk 750 wifes
2404055870098914013eWgtrD_th.jpg
2032479400098914013vMhfsR_th.jpg

I got one for my wife's Connie and she loves it. She lost the 1st one off the mount, Garmin replaced it for nothing, now we have a rubber band around it to help hold it in place. I will make a lanard to hold it in place over the winter.

I got my Quest from Edge last December. Works great and I Luv it. I have since referred 5 others who bought a Quest from them, recent price as low as $139. You can't go wrong, comes with software and full warranty.

I am also planning on getting a Quest 2, based on features (esp the battery), Garmin rep for service and generally good reviews of performance. I want to be able to load it w/topo maps also and take on hikes. I have been watching eBay for refurbs/used units in the right (cheap :p ) price range. Already have my RAM mount on the dashboard waiting for the device... Steve K. '02 Concours COG# 6550 AMA# 965469 'No matter where you go, there you are...'