• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Gathering in the Grove

LSGiant

As some of you know two years ago the North Central group had a wonderful get together in Spring Green Wisconsin. Sadly the motel there no longer allows camping.

But Steve and Mary-Anne Rabbe our hosts for "Gathering on the Green" have found a new home for us.

We'll be moving it to Soldiers Grove.  July 8th to 10th.  We'll be using the city campground.  No reservations will be taken, it's first come/first taken.  However, we can go over early and reserve some space.  Looks like they have RV spots    Nice motel 1/2 mile away.  Looks to be about as close as we're going to get.  There is a B&B within an easy stroll from the campground.

Please mark these dates on your calendar and watch for details.

This is a " Do Not Miss "
Woody Carr and I have made reservations at the Motel See you there .

Tony K

I'll be riding up from Oklahoma joining friends in St. louis for the ride. Never been.  Will be my first ride over 100 miles on a new 09.

Looking forward to it be cooler than here.

Jeff

Sounds like a great time in a fantastic riding area. Anyone know the number of available campsites? I've got some new camping gear that needs to be tested.

lsgiant said:
Tom

Lots of room for tents

Love to see your new gear when do you think you would arrive?

I should be there Friday afternoon sometime. I wasn't sure if I could go till the last minute.
Packing.........Ride safe everyone!

The Good.
  Camaraderie \| good food \| great trip sheets \| plus some great stories and a few lies.  :) Thanks to Mary Anne, Steve, Jeff, Joane, Ken, Dave and who ever I forgot.

The Bad.
  Ahhh, don't know what Jeff & Joane call camping, arriving in a 100 ft. motorhome pulling an enclosed trailer.
:-\ And then theres Steve and Mary Anne with a new toy hauler plus everything. I'm willing to over look all of this because of all the GREAT FOOD AND DRINK that came rolling out of these.  >:D

The Ugly,
  HOT, REALLY, REALLY HOT! For normal slender people it was in the 90's, for us round and firm types it must have been 117 degrees. I think camping is really over rated!  :( Realized I camped under a street light, air mattress that lost air and did I say HOT?

Had a great time.  :D Heck yes I'll be back next year.

Dave N.
Rockford Ill.
COG 4475
03 Connie (GQ)

I would like to say a great big "Thank you" to all the people who put this on, Especially our den mothers, Mary-Anne and JoAnn.
I for one had a great time, good food, and wonderful company for the three days I was there.  Mark your calenders for next year.
The riding was fun, excellent twisties,  pavement was good, mixed with enough gravel to make it interesting, and as far is I know, no one fell down, got a ticket (Or would admit it). Mary-Annes cookies are to die for, and if you missed the rally, you missed her cookies!