• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Gathering on the Green-07/10/20-Soldiers Grove,WI

ZG/ZN Kim

Glad to see Dave and Jake host again. I thank them for the time it takes to get stuff organized for this.
Couple other things regarding this rally:
-Rode through Soldiers Grove yesterday, I thought what the hell. Stopped and yes there was hot water in the bathroom!
-Get registered so Dave/Jake have a accurate count for groceries
-There will be  plenty of wood for campfires
-Due to current conditions, there will be a hand wash station at the  campsite
-Rumor is the Johnsonville-Brat Mobile may be stopping Thursday evening?
- I have been doing some pre-riding, most of the roads are looking in good condition, minimal gravel in corner
I will set up camp as early as Wednesday evening if anybody is interested.
Check the NC calendar for more information

Firewood is cut, and drying. Get signed up before the Johnsonville "Brat-Mobile" gets loaded.

I needed to post something to get this back to the top.  :beerchug:

OK, I'm in. I hope to be there Thursday afternoon. Count me in for Brats with all the extras. So much for trying to drop a few pounds, once again. Any Busch Latte to go with those brats?

It will be great to see everyone again. Thanks to Dave and Jake for putting this together.

Cookie said:
OK, I'm in. I hope to be there Thursday afternoon. Count me in for Brats with all the extras. So much for trying to drop a few pounds, once again. Any Busch Latte to go with those brats?

It will be great to see everyone again. Thanks to Dave and Jake for putting this together.
Y'all have fun down there, I stayed there about 3 weeks ago (long story involving the USPS and my new seat).

On TDY near Tollgate OR taking a day off from riding the bike. The front tire is toast, the shoulder area is virtually bald. I do love riding out west. I have a shop in Hamilton MT lined up to replace both tires, likely on Tuesday.

Cookie, wanna come out and play after the rally?

Jim, good to hear you are coming down. No Busch Light Latte this year. But there is Busch Light "Summer Shandy". I really like it, I may might have a couple of extras for ya.

Steve Johnson: Once again what is a TDY? Plus how do you burn the tires off your bike if your are always in your TDY? Sorry just a couple of dumb questions.

No problem on the Latte. I should be only drinking water due to the meds I'm on. I'm still partaking of the medicinal pale ales and IPAs. Water is fine, but not as satisfying as a cold brew after the riding is done. My definition of an occasional beer may be different from the thoughts of my medical team.

Steve, thanks for the offer, but Delaine really needs a vacation. After I get home from the Gathering, we're packing up the truck, without a bike, and heading for Colorado for a couple of weeks. Hit some hot springs and 4 x 4 trails around Ouray and then head for Breckenridge for a few days of relaxing. Maybe stop in Steamboat Springs for a few days and then a drive through Rocky Mountain National Park. We need to start living again. We're tired of living with restrictions. Yes, I'm one of those high risk folks, but I'm still calling the shots and can make my own risk decisions. I need a road trip!

As Thomas Jefferson said, "There is no justification for taking away individual freedom in the guise of public safety".

See you soon in Soldiers Grove.

OK, less than a week away. Make sure you get registered soon, so Jake can get his grocery shopping done.
-I also need to know who will be there Thursday PM. Right now I have Kim,Jim, Steve and maybe Dan. Need to know soon, so I can go grocery shopping too.

-Looking to be a warm one. Make sure to bring your "Monkey Butt" powder, for your boots and your "where-ever".
-I was riding last week, and found the best waterfall I have ever seen in the midwest, within 75 miles of Soldiers Grove. I would guess it was flowing nearly 100 CFS, maybe falling 30'.  I will let you know where it is at if you come to Soldiers Grove.

Ride safe and stay hydrated.

ZG/ZN Kim said:
Jim, good to hear you are coming down. No Busch Light Latte this year. But there is Busch Light "Summer Shandy". I really like it, I may might have a couple of extras for ya.

Steve Johnson: Once again what is a TDY? Plus how do you burn the tires off your bike if your are always in your TDY? Sorry just a couple of dumb questions.

TDY is the place I'm temporarily staying at, as in temporary duty.

Currently on TDY near Hamilton MT.

All y'all have fun and stay hydrated. 🍺

Well I was hoping to make this once more. I have a delivery on Friday I need to be here for & the son in law has a 40th birthday party on Saturday I should attend so I'm out.  :'(

Y'all have fun & ride safe!  :motonoises:

Kim/Dave/Jake:
If it isn't too late please count me in for Thursday evening.  Also let me know if there is anything I can bring to help with the gathering.  I plan to leave Thursday morning and get there mid to late afternoon assuming all goes well.  Kim if anything comes up that changes things, I'll call you directly.

My arrival will be late Thursday afternoon. I need to head for the lake property Thursday AM and put in the boat for my son's family. It's only 26 miles North of my house so I hope to be home and on the road by Noon. I should be there by 4:30 PM at the latest

Count me in for brats. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

-Cliff,that is too bad, I was going to try to show you some good roads in the area.

-Thursday  arrivals, current count at 5. No need to bring anything for Thursday PM meal, but the menu has changed. We will partake in some HOBO cooking Thursday, Dave and Jake will do brats on Friday.
-My plan is to take the firewood up Thursday AM. I will set up my tent, and a Noah tarp. Under the Noah tarp I will leave a soft sided cooler with cold water and other refreshments, for you guys,help yourself.
There is a chance of rain on Thursday, the Noah tarp could come in handy. Plus I will set up the hand washing station with anti-microbial soap.
-I will return mid afternoon with the bike, and will be ready to BS and drink some beer.
-Weather forecast: Wednesday: sunny 94 F, Thursday:Scattered T-storms mid-80s. Friday, Saturday, Sunday: Sunny,mid-80's with lower humidity

Just signed up, hoping to leave Thursday early morning. Hopefully down there around noon.  I will have to either leave Friday night or early Saturday morning (no need for any extra groceries for me)
Looking forward to seeing this new found waterfall.

Sounds good Jeff. Tell you what, this year, we will avoid "psycho" dump truck drivers. Hopefully you can stay til Saturday AM. Feel free to hydrate once you get to camp.

That's great news, I really don't want to ever see a quad axle dump truck trying to keep up with Connie's ever again.  Pretty sure that anger was somehow related to his home life and just came bubbling out at us.  Thanks for putting this event on guys.  Starting to get the bike loaded up this morning.

Wish I could have made it over.  started out early Saturday and saw a wall of black clouds coming my way so I turned back home..  Thursday night might have been a bit windy too.  Hope the weather gave you a few rides and some time around the fire.

Want to thank everyone for coming. Dave for hosting, especially Jake and Jess for their cooking and camaraderie. We had 5 North Central states represented, and a total of 16 people attending. Weather for the most part cooperated very well. Got all the major COG rally points covered; riding, eating, big fire, BS-ing, and liquid refreshments.  :beerchug:
Safe travels

Reminder RTE to the Smiling Moose Saloon on 7/25.

Big thanks to Dave, Jake and Jess for all they did for the Gathering on the Green. The food was excellent and the riding was great. Nothing like exploring the alphabet roads!

It was good to see everyone again. Almost like living a normal life. Two wheel therapy is still the best medicine around.

If you missed it, well you lost out. Make sure you plan on being at the Gathering next year. You won't regret it.