• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Gathering on the Green 2017

LSGiant

The Gathering on the Green is on for 2017 please be sure to sign up as food will be provide and we need a head count.
FWIW Joane and I will be there with the RV so there will be some flower sniffing rides. We plan to arrive Thursday evening

https://tinyurl.com/kpkpecb

This is one of the North Central Area’s premier events. Riders from all over the Midwest converge on the Soldiers Grove City Park near the intersection of Hwy 131 and County C in Soldiers Grove, Wisconsin, which is located in the Kickapoo River Valley between Readstown and Gays Mills. Camping in the City Park is first come/first serve. For those who do not wish to camp, alternative accommodations include the nearby Country Gardens Motel (606) 624-3254, or The Roth House B&B ((608) 624-3884.

Those who can make the time will arrive on Thursday, July 13th, with most expected to roll in on Friday or Saturday. Simple cookouts will be organized on Friday and Saturday night, along with a breakfast on Saturday morning - with participants kicking in to defray the food costs. To help plan the amount of food needed for the cookouts, please RSVP to Dave McClurg, dmcclurg@wi.rr.com, by July 8, 2017, and register for the event on the COG website.

I am in for this, who else?  There are only 5 others registered.

If your coming register so the hosts can plan accordingly. 

Joane and I will be there with the RV

Free demo rides on Ninja 650R, Concours C14, or KTM 690

LSGiant said:
Joane and I will be there with the RV

Free demo rides on Ninja 650R, Concours C14, or KTM 690

I finally may you take you up on the offer to ride the KTM. 

I stand corrected, weather forecast updated. It is looking to be low humidity, slightly below average temps, sunshine! I will not have to ride "commando" :)

Sorry to say that I will not be able to make it this year. ( Family obligation and a medical issue )
ENJOY ! hope to see you soon.

Sorry to hear you are not coming Tony. Take care of yourself, there is always next year. I will always remember the ride you took my wife on last year. Our "first COG ride"! I am now a "veteran".

I am only 60 miles from Soldiers Grove, so I can come up either Thursday evening, or first thing Friday. If anybody is interested in Thursday, I would suggest pizza in DeSoto at the Great River Roadhouse, very good stuff.

Tony K said:
Sorry to say that I will not be able to make it this year. ( Family obligation and a medical issue )
ENJOY ! hope to see you soon.

Get better Tony also hope to see you soon.

LSGiant said:
Looking forward to this event anyone arriving on Thursday ?

I am planning to leave after work Thursday and will arrive in Soldiers Grove sometime after 7:30. It all depends my departure time and traffic exiting the cities.

Kim, I would be up for Pizza in Desoto, but I think I would getting in to late.

When does Dave normally get there, and what day are the Kerkow's rolling in. Depending on who is coming on Thursday, I may ride up to De Soto and bring back a couple pizza's if I can figure how to haul them. Their normal take out pizza is normally not in a box.

It is looking like great weather for this event.

Sorry I can't make it. I have ridden these roads a couple of times. Beautiful country and great roads.  :) :)

Great time this weekend. Nice attendance, good weather, and excellent food. Many thanks to Dave, Jess and Jake for taking care of us.

P7150221-M.jpg

P7150218-M.jpg

More photos can be found here

https://lsgiant.smugmug.com/2017/Gathering-on-the-Green/i-QkqrBvq

Food was great, good company, met a couple of great guys from Kansas. Jess and Jake thank you for the great food. Plus yes Dave, the roads are better in Crawford,Vernon, and Richland county than in Grant county. Took me 56 years to figure that out.