• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

gel pad

That looks interesting. Must be waterproof as they are used in kayaks. Wonder if they are hot. Probably don't breathe.

gsun said:
That looks interesting. Must be waterproof as they are used in kayaks. Wonder if they are hot. Probably don't breathe.

I understand gel seats/gel pads can be hot, but I don't know this from experience. Here-say

FWIW I put a gel pad in my Yamaha seat (took the cover off, cut out the foam and replaced the cover) and didn't notice much improvement.  It was very hot if the bike sat outside in the sun, had to cover the seat with a towel otherwise you couldn't sit on it after an hour in the sun.  Some say the heat capacity is nice in cold weather but I wouldn't know. 

Said pad has given me an idea. 
I some times find my crotch pressed against fuel tank, creating discomfort and numbness in my private parts. Instead of using my hands to create temporary cushion, this pad might suffice as a good alternative.
We shall see.

Cheers...

Loren offers a gel pad "insert" as an option for his custom saddles (Baldwin).

When I go to build a newer custom this winter, i'm going to inquire about it, and see what gives.

Not sure if this is a good option for sore ass, but hoping for some additional padding for my boney arse over long days in the saddle.  :truce:

gr

Jerdurr said:
AirHawk. Will blow this out of the water.
+1  :great: I tried a gel pad that I purchased from Cycle Gear > year ago. Personally, it did not work well for me, but everyone is different, stating the obvious.