• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Gilmore vintage motorcycle days. S. W. Michigan

Hay Glen. Good to here from you. I maybe able to make the show.
Will check with the troupes and see what can be done.

If the creek don't rise I will be there. Don't know for sure if I will ride
or drive down. Kind of relates to the weather.
And as Stasch said thanks!

My forecasts for Hickory Corners shows chance of rain from 3 - 6pm at Hickory corners but sunny/cloudy mix the rest of the time.

Are you seeing different results than this?

Sorry Glen for the mix up on what days you were going to be there. I had a fantastic
time. That place is the best museum I have ever been to, the bike show was OK also.
I would tell anyone who has the time to spend a day, they can't do better.

Wouldn’t you know… the first time I post an event, I don’t make it clear which day is the actual show, and which will have far fewer bikes. Fortunately the Gilmore museum has a lot to see for motor lovers.
Next year we’ll have to all show up on Sunday. I was there today and saw thousands of bikes, but wish I’d been able to catch you guys.
Glad you enjoyed it anyway, Richard!

Thanks for the suggestion. A buddy and I came in on Saturday and had a great time at the museum, looking forward to coming back next year on Sunday for the bike show. A gem of a place.

Have not been there since I was riding my 97 CBR 600 Hurricane (and had hair). Have been by hundreds of times going to fish in Gull Lake. I hope to be there with my 09 C14 and in a COG hat. That is if the bike shipment ever gets here. Bummed that the delivery was delayed for a couple weeks due to a truck breakdown.

Have not been there since I was riding my 97 CBR 600 Hurricane (and had hair). Have been by hundreds of times going to fish in Gull Lake. I hope to be there with my 09 C14 and in a COG hat. That is if the bike shipment ever gets here. Bummed that the delivery was delayed for a couple weeks due to a truck breakdown.
My updated plan is to be there for the show on Sunday. Will be early as to make an afternoon grad open house. Just received my new COG “ride more” tee shirt. Will have it on with my COG hat. The Centerville show was fun this past Sunday and hoping for weather that is at least as nice! Will look for other COGers there!

Planning to be there too, depending on the weather and what’s happening at work and church.
I’ll be wearing a black COG t-shirt and COG cap also, even though I’m in the “stay for the people” phase and now ride a Honda 750 Nighthawk.

I will keep a sharp eye peeled for you MichiGlenn. Will be there with Miss Tourmaline, my 2009 diamond red C14. Weather permitting of course.

Just a reminder for the Michigan COGgers…Gilmore bike show is this Sunday. Vintage ride on Saturday, but Sunday is the day to be there.

The swap is also running on Saturday. My experience is that the majority of stuff is targeted for Harley owners. Not much of interest for those who prefer bikes with motorcycle technology created post 1950.

Found MichiGlenn at the event today. Tons of very cool bikes!72B43854-0DB8-4A00-AEC6-6CF8F827EDCF.jpeg

Attachments

• 81D38D73-F444-41F7-B435-29C49707F452.jpeg
    81D38D73-F444-41F7-B435-29C49707F452.jpeg
    266.3 KB · Views: 87
  • D010CCDA-F748-4BA3-AC6E-03C52D1F09B6.jpeg
    D010CCDA-F748-4BA3-AC6E-03C52D1F09B6.jpeg
    234.5 KB · Views: 89
I see Sunday was better attended than saturday ! 3 of us rode out from metro Detroit & with all the road detours, the normal 3 hr. ride took 4.5 hrs... Great day for a ride anyway, fair amount of neat stuff to look at. Might head down to Vintage Days @Mid-Ohio next month to get my fill of older bikes.....

I see Sunday was better attended than saturday ! 3 of us rode out from metro Detroit & with all the road detours, the normal 3 hr. ride took 4.5 hrs... Great day for a ride anyway, fair amount of neat stuff to look at. Might head down to Vintage Days @Mid-Ohio next month to get my fill of older bikes.....
I am thinking of the same. I also noticed an event at The National Motorcycle Museum in Anamosa, IA. A vintage bike show complete with Swap meet and mini bike races on June 25th.

https://nationalmcmuseum.org/event/vintage-motorcycle-auction-swap-meet-june-25-2022/

I've held off for years going to Wauseon based on my friends assessments pertaining to the general crowd and focus of the event. I also look at the flyer and ask who is their target audience. If you like old American stuff, this is your event. Cool stuff for sure, especially the racing, not sure if there is anything other than old American stuff though.