• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Going to look at a 2006 CBR 600 F4i

Bud

My son got wind about this bike at work. What do I need to know about these. It's owned by a guy from Japan who works there. A Japanese coworker was recently injured on a bike, so the president said no bikes for the japanese team there anymore. Sounds like it's going to be a good deal. I'm guessing it's clean and well maintained. He said the chain has few miles. It's yellow and black. That's all I know at this point. What's a hot deal price and what do they normally bring? Thanks!

I never thought of that Ted. Thanks. I guess I shouldn't believe ALL the nasty things I 've heard about you. šŸ˜‚

Last edited:
So I looked at the bike this morning and took it for a spin. Too rough for me. Ran ok. Needs tires. A bit of rash and plastics issues. Looks like a former stunt bike with cages. Junkyard engine. He was at 2 grand. I was afraid to offer 1500 because, in my opinion, it needs too much to make it nice again. Best to say thanks for your time and walk away.