• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Going to ride the Three Sisters this weekend

There has been so much rain in south Texas this spring havent been able to ride much. I hope to ride the 3 Sisters scenic route this weekend. Its about 131 miles of twisties just west of San Antonio. Has anyone else ridden it?

Yes indeed. I did it about three weeks ago at the Wildflower ride - in the rain. Hopefully it will be dry for you this weekend. I really like the sign when you start the twisties that says something to the effect, "7 motorcyclists have been killed on this road this year. Don't be the 8th one." We took it slowly around the wet curves. It was a nice ride anyway. I'd like to do it again sometime when it's dry. Have a great time, Howard, and stay safe.

Thanks Bigfoot for the response. Ill try and be safe, hopefully it will be dry and not crowded. It will be about 6 hour round trip for me since I live near Bastrop. I love my PR4s. Much better than the BattleAxes.

Headed that way myself next week. US64 across TN to Natchez Trace Pky, down to Natchez.,MS. Then across the river, and south, into LA, heading to Plaquemines Parish to see family. Then back west along the bottom of LA to Port Bolivar, TX. Then take the ferry across to Galveston, and on west towards Alpine.

Undecided where to go from there. Have to see how my endurance fares.

I'm not as young as I once was...but then again, I never have been!

Hi CW,
In 2008 I rode 4500 miles on my C10 in 16 days. That was my longest ride. I had a great time. Longest ride was 860 miles which was too long. But around the 500 mile range is pretty good. The C14 just soaks up the miles and the Sargent seat I have is mucm more comfortable. I just moved from Laffayette La just last month. Roads suck in southern la but are pretty nice in Ark. Especially rt 7. Good luck on trip.

CW said:
Headed that way myself next week. US64 across TN to Natchez Trace Pky, down to Natchez.,MS. Then across the river, and south, into LA, heading to Plaquemines Parish to see family. Then back west along the bottom of LA to Port Bolivar, TX. Then take the ferry across to Galveston, and on west towards Alpine.

Undecided where to go from there. Have to see how my endurance fares.

I'm not as young as I once was...but then again, I never have been!
There's better roads to get across TN on, and not much to talk about on the lower Trace- it gets flat and uneventful. 

Because  of the constant rain had to put off 3 sisters trip a couple of weeks. But yesterday it didnt rain and got to do the trip. Total miles from my house was 485 miles. Lots of twisties between Medina and Leaky, but on rest of the sisters  its like a roller coaster too, which I like. Most of the road surface is good with only a few sections with pot holes. Leaky is the place to buy gas. Not much else available. Two bike bar/grill (beer and wine) in Leaky. They seem nice and clean. Saw a about 50 riders so wasnt crowded at all. A good time.