• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Gold Canyon AZ

dboisclair

Training Wheels
Hi All
I'm a new Concours owner looking to meet other riders to join me on day trips etc. in the Gold Canyon/Apache Junction area. I purchased a 2005 new-to-me Concours a couple of years ago and it's now stored at my winter home in Gold Canyon. I should be back down around Dec 1st and - knock on wood - my Concourse will be back on the road within a few days or arriving. I'm always up for an early morning ride if anyone just want to meet somewhere for breakfast etc.

On a diffeent note, I'd welcome any advice or recommmendations for getting service done. Here at home I use a very knowledgable backyard mecahanic but so far in AJ all I can find is the local Kawasaki dealer. I'm sure they're reputable but their shop rate is brutal.

Thx very much
Dale

Dale, welcome!
Now go to the "Introductions" section and repost to get more response to your letter and a lot more "Hi's and welcomes" from other COG members. I know there are a lot of good roads out there- even in the winter.

:1rij:

Welcome from Prescott Valley.  Keep your eyes open, there is rumor of a Southwest event in Cedar City area maybe...

Hey Dale. Welcome to the world of "it's a dry heat". Saw your email today asking about different bikes at the national. You bet. I'm out of NV and don't really know any backyard guys yet but stay tuned and I'll bet a few will pop up. Let's see what pops in the next few months. The picture on a regional is becoming clearer daily. :great:

good morning Dale, Mike Beardsley here, in chandler AZ. I work two jobs and only have every third weekend off and split those weekends between dune trips (RZR S) and local streetbike rides.
if you'd like to shoot me your e-mail address I'll add you to my list for rides , ,  the few that I have time to do !
                    Mike
P.S. i bought mine and use AZ kawasaki as then I hope to have some recourse incase things arn't done properly

Hi Dale,

Diane here... I'm a bit west of you (Tempe/Scottsdale border) but just a short hop across on the 60.  I try to ride on the weekends when I can.  (I commute on her all week but that is NOT the same as riding for fun!!)

I'm also looking for a service guy and will keep you posted if I come across anyone. 

Also waiving HI to Mike Beardsley.  Where is AZ Kawasaki?  I've taken my front forks in to have the seals done at Kelly's Kawasaki in Mesa and they did a great job but, like Dale, am looking to avoid the $hop rates...  :-(

Diane, AZ kawasaki is in apache jct.? apache trail(main st.) E. of ironwood? great guys,

Mike

MR. B said:
Diane, AZ kawasaki is in apache jct.? apache trail(main st.) E. of ironwood? great guys,

Mike

Thanks Mike!  I've made an appt. at Probity (they put together all the Mesa Police bikes (Connie 14's)) and we'll see how that goes.  If I'm not pleased or whatever, I'll give AZ Kawasaki a shot.  :)