• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Golf Club Carrier?

jobyfoley7693

Would love to ride to the club on the bike and be able to take my clubs along. (storage at club isn't what I'm looking to do as I play a variety of places). Has anyone fitted or looked into a carrier for the C14 Connie?

I pulled a 2-bag carrier out of a golf cart that we buy dozens of at work, for utility carts. Cut it in half and was going to make a single bag carrier that replaced one saddle bag and rested on the passenger peg. It got a little convoluted and I ditched the idea when I realized I really only need to take a driver, 5 iron, 9 iron, and putter for my yearly golf outing. I have for years been doing a redneck triathlon; shoot 50 clay pigeons, golf 6 holes, and bowl two frames. The clubs and my Sears 12 GA go in my Vietnam era duffel bag and get Rok strapped across the passenger seat. BB in one bag, all the balls and other golf accoutrements and booze and Gatorade in the other.

Some ideas in this thread .

I have a C10, but I made a square box from PVC pipe. X fitting in the middle of the bottom. I can hose clamp it to the bag antler. Both the horizontal and vertical legs. The shoulder strap goes through the near side passenger grip, over the seat and through the other grip. It clips back to the bag top connection. The golf bag is pulled over the passenger part of the seat and supported by the PVC box. I put the rain cover on the bag but they are between my back and the top case.

If u have a hitch on ur bike u can use the hitch as the carrying (load) point. I did this with my c10 several years back.

I bought a hard plastic golf bag travel carrier (2 piece) bottom and top. I had some 1/4 stainless steel plate that i cut to strengthen the bottom of the travel carrier by sandwichimg the bottom between 2 sheets of stainless plate. Two bolts protruded through the bottom of the plate and lined up with 2 holes on the hitch, and secured with nuts.

On the carrier i had 2 i bolts mounted and re-enforced on the sides, with which i used ratchet straps to secure the carrier to the passenger grab handles. I would have to take my trunk off the bike to achieve a more vertical position with the carrier. To the carrier i mounted a set of wp trailer lights that plugged into my trailer harness on the bike.
I would.mount the lower portion of the carrier on the hitch, drop in my stand bag of sticks, put the top portion of the carrier on and lock it up...

I.used this set up 4-5 times.