• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Good Morning Vietnam

nickrides

Gents
Any input on a Vietnam tour Co.?
My brothers and I want to do a self guided tour one way Bac Lieu north to Ha Giang or maybe Hanoi.
Any references?
Ideas?
I also need to sort out when is the dry season.
Nick
2014 C-14

Last edited:
i would be surprised if "self guided" and a communist state go together. but who knows.
-tdbru

A couple of years back 2 buddies of mine did this trip with a tour Co. They made it clear they were riders and wanted to ride.
Their guide assigned to them wasn't a real rider. After 2 days they left him and rode all the way to the border with China. No problems.
Left the bikes at the loading zone at the Hanoi airport after a failed attempt to drop them off properly. As they got on the plane home they called the tour Co and told them where the bikes were. Never heard from them again.
They had a total blast, out of the cities they said it was fantastic, cheap, great food. The only complaint was being constantly dogged by the sex workers.
Nick
2014 C-14