• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Good news on the Covid treatment front

greenie

It ought to be interesting reading responses. Good news about Covid sometimes raises hackles. I had to Google "hackles" it's the erectile hairs along the back of a dog or other animal.

dc-concours

Hahahaha. Here we go again.

My question is simple. If that med is so great why hasn't the FDA approved it for such use yet? Thousands of people are dying from covid.

You wouldn't ride your motorcycle on unapproved DOT tires. So why are some so eager to swallow unapproved meds?

turbojoe78

DC Concours said:
Hahahaha. Here we go again.

My question is simple. If that med is so great why hasn't the FDA approved it for such use yet? Thousands of people are dying from covid.

You wouldn't ride your motorcycle on unapproved DOT tires. So why are some so eager to swallow unapproved meds?

The AAPS is asking the same question to the courts, hope they get a positive answer.  I would love to think there was a easy, cheep way to stop lots more people from dying.

https://aapsonline.org/more-evidence-presented-for-why-hydroxychloroquine-should-be-made-available-in-a-new-court-filing-by-aaps/

turbojoe78

m in sc said:
an opinion article is not news.  :-[

Even if it's the opinion of a professor of epidemiology at Yale School of Public Health?  Fake Science?  Did you read the article?  He seemed to be talking about quite a few different findings from quite a few different sources.  Do you consider all those studies to also be just opinions?

Why is it so hard for you to believe that HCQ could work?  Medical background?

MAN OF BLUES

just keep drinking massive quantities of high proof bourbon, and smoking the highest THC/CBD forms of pot you can get.. and... this will all pass.

m in sc

of course i read it. And the related articles prior. And discussion in depth with doctors and medical professionals in my family and circle of friends. And articles in the lancet. Its also not about ME so stop. Right there.

If it was factual news it wouldn't be an opinion piece. it would be vetted and reported as a story. It's not 'news' , its an opinion piece, as stated right at the byline. its anybody's choice to follow it.  I'm not saying its false or true, i'm just saying its not proven science. Hence the category it was published under.

Like a few mos ago the 2 doctors that were totally discredited, everybody jumped on that one as well.

I mean, it's not like doctors get pressured by the big pharma companies to ever push a specific medicine is it? noooooo. of course not.  :rotflmao:

All im saying is, its not news.

Also, this post, by nature, will drive political responses. It's coming. IMHO, its flame baiting an already hot topic on a motorcycle forum, and yes, I reported it as such.

greenie

A funny thing about health is all the contradictions that exist even in these enlightened times.  I've heard that large doses of vitamin C can help fight off an impending cold and I've heard that vitamin C makes no difference at all. I've tried it myself and I feel it works.
Second hand smoke is sometimes said to be more hazardous for one's health than "firsthand" smoke - a ridiculous statement if one thinks about it. We probably all know a lifelong smoker who lived a long and healthy life and a non smoker that died young from lung cancer.
Likewise people age differently - learn a person's actual age and marvel at their youthful appearance and energy or realize that another person is 20 years younger than their appearance.
Some people can drink alcohol like its water for years and suffer no ill effects.
Health, for all we have learned is still uncharted territory riddled with ambiguities. Health isn't like a machine where there's a logical and predictable outcome. The cure for cancer or for AIDS still escapes us. Annual flu shots is a crap shoot - some people swear by a flu shot and others - like me - avoid it from past experience.
What's my point? Some things work, some things don't. It often takes years for labs and blind tests to prove something works in the field of health while anecdotal remedies soldier on working sporadically but reliable enough to continue to be worthy of trying for some.

Strawboss

OK, so the REAL important thing for me is I can now get bottles of quinine for a proper English gin and tonic.  ;D The body and mind are wonderful things, with many meds and treatments a positive attitude is very important, I always present a positive attitude to people when I give them meds or ask them if they've gotten relief. It does't always work though.

kv5e

South Central Area Director - COG 5063
Staff member
STRAWBOSS opined -" OK, so the REAL important thing for me is I can now get bottles of quinine for a proper English gin and tonic. "

No generics please:

ci-hendricks-gin-7270fa521eb29536.jpeg

Strawboss

Mea culpa

It should have read- "....I can now get bottles of quinine for a proper Hendricks and tonic..."

Whew! I promise never to make that error again. ;D

kv5e

South Central Area Director - COG 5063
Staff member
Strawboss said:
Mea culpa

It should have read- "....I can now get bottles of quinine for a proper Hendricks and tonic..."

Whew! I promise never to make that error again. ;D

I have actually muddled cucumber for a H & T  with a tiny squeeze of a key lime.

After the keys are put up this is a most cultured and sublime libation. Totally civilized!

nosmo

Mortality rates continue to run at 100%. SOMETHING is going to kill you.  An article I kept from a newspaper many years ago, seems to PROVE that watching TV will kill you.

SOUTH BEND, IND.

Tree crashes through roof, kills man watching TV in bed

A large tree limb crashed through a roof and killed a man in his bed.
Police called to the home of David Wetzel, 41, on Wednesday night found a branch 3 feet to 5 feet in diameter lying across the man’s chest.
The tree appeared to be healthy, and investigators did not immediately know what caused the limb to fall.
“It is just one of those unforeseen, tragic events,” said Jaimee Thirion, a spokeswoman for the Sheriff’s Department. “It was not storming, and the wind was hardly blowing.”
Wetzel’s wife and son were also home at the time but were not hurt.  His wife told officers she was in the kitchen and her husband was watching television in bed.

tlr-boise

Nosmo said:
Mortality rates continue to run at 100%. SOMETHING is going to kill you.  An article I kept from a newspaper many years ago, seems to PROVE that watching TV will kill you.

SOUTH BEND, IND.

Police called to the home of David Wetzel, 41, on Wednesday night found a branch 3 feet to 5 feet in diameter lying across the man’s chest.
The tree appeared to be healthy, and investigators did not immediately know what caused the limb to fall.
“It is just one of those unforeseen, tragic events,” said Jaimee Thirion, a spokeswoman for the Sheriff’s Department. “It was not storming, and the wind was hardly blowing.”
Wetzel’s wife and son were also home at the time but were not hurt.  His wife told officers she was in the kitchen and her husband was watching television in bed.

Many years ago, as the story goes, a woman kayaker on the South Fork of the Boise river was killed by a small rock that dislodged from a cliff hundreds of feet above her.  As she sat in the kayak, in the river, the rock hit the exact spot where her head was at that moment.

A zillion-to-one chance of that happening. 

It was her time to go. 

tlr-boise

Have two docs.  Both M.D.'s,  One is older, somewhat unconventional.  Health nut, power lifter, athlete.  Bases his advice about meds, supplements, etc., on the biochemistry all docs struggled to learn back in their pre-med days.  Independent practice.  Recommends zinc, Vitamin D, every day, and hydroxychloroquine prophylactically or at the first sign of any Wuhan-virus symptoms. 

The other one is younger, more conventional but very open minded.  Internist.  Works for big local hospital system.  Saw him Wednesday for my annual Medicare wellness visit.  We had a nice chat, including, of course, about the virus and the latest news.

He said docs continue to struggle to understand this virus.  It behaves in the oddest of ways, including in ways that upend normal treatment practice.  Mentioned the fact that patients have come in to ER's with symptoms, and they get an oxygen monitor put on their fingers, and the oxygen level is so low they should be unconscious.  Yet they are wide awake, laughing, etc.  Makes no sense.  In the early days, they might have been put on ventilators.  Now, docs tend to use CPAP-type machines rather than ventilators.  Ventilators, mostly, now, are a very last resort.

He has a 95-year-old patient, in assisted living facility who tested positive, with no symptoms.  He was only tested because the virus appeared in the facility and some people got real sick, and they tested everybody.

A 45-year-old pediatric Nurse Practitioner here, a very healthy mother of two or three kids, died last week from the Wuhan virus.

He said, early on, docs in the ER's and other places were taking hydroxychloroquine prophylactically, and his Lupus patients were having a hard time getting their prescriptions for it filled;  was a brief shortage locally.

Hydroxychloquine is dirt cheap, generic.  Remdesivir is super expensive, from a giant pharmaceutical company.  Guess which one the FDA leans toward?

He says there are NO gold-standard studies yet, about this virus.  No double-blind studies where half the patients get a med and half get a vitamin pill and even the doc doesn't know which.

All the studies so far are just reports of collections of anecdotal experiences, with varying numbers, varying types of people, and varying degrees of believability.  All "flawed" in some way.

The best we have is the collective experiences of docs who are actually treating patients.  It's going to be that way for a while.  The FDA is way down the information chain;  likely to be the LAST agency to figure out and decide most anything, and maybe susceptible to politics. 

So, vitamin C?  Zinc?  Vitamin D?  Intravenous vitamin C in the hospital?  Sure!

Hydroxychloroquine?  Remdesivir?  Sure!

They've all been shown to diminish symptoms, in some people.

ron203

Southeast Area Director
Nosmo said:

SOUTH BEND, IND.

ri

Atlanta area has lots of big trees. These accidents happen periodically. One guy was sitting on his couch. Another on his bed watching tv. A third was in his  SUV. A limb killed the first guy. Another killed the second. A third limb killed the guy driving the SUV's wife and two kids but not him. But my friends tell me motorcycles are dangerous.  Didn't mean to "jack this" just agreeing with earlier posts.

cuda

Germany

https://scitechdaily.com/malaria-drug-chloroquine-does-not-inhibit-covid-19-infection-in-human-lung-cells/

RoadKillHeaven

Street Cruiser
and remember , healthy doze of Lysol, orally or intravenously, combined with strong light will combat Wuhan or any other viris thrown at you.
And always ask you martician which disenfectant is right to make his business thrive!

Cheers...

RoadKillHeaven

Street Cruiser
Methinks, US doctors must focuse their efforts on developing drugs that alleviate paranoia that is overwhelming people at present.

tlr-boise

RoadKillHeaven said:
and remember , healthy doze of Lysol, orally or intravenously, combined with strong light will combat Wuhan or any other viris thrown at you.
And always ask you martician which disenfectant is right to make his business thrive!

Cheers...

And remember, only UV-C light kills the Wuhan viruse, and it has to be injected intravenously, by one of the newly developed light syringes.

https://www.americanairandwater.com/uv-facts/uv-types.htm

;)

greenie

"Methinks, US doctors must focuse their efforts on developing drugs that alleviate paranoia that is overwhelming people at present."

I thinks Americans should get a little bit braver. I hear so many folks sounding as tired and negative as they try to out Eeyore Eeyore. Grow a pair, get a shot of testosterone,  do whatever it takes to get back to fully living the short lives we're allotted. While the United States has faced many serious health scares over the years none of those scares has ever scared us to the point of cowering like we are now. It's disgraceful. One can say that every other nation has taken the same overly cautious route - I don't know if that's true - but even if it is true America has always risen to challenges  - not just the government but the people.
While it may sound like paranoia, it's likely not paranoia but more correctly anger, determination, fight, and optimism that makes me push back. It's not stupidity, although there's plenty of that - it's the will to overcome obstacles rather than be bowled over by them.   

ursharkfuel

God got one thing wrong: Stupid should be PAINFUL!
Greenie said:
"Methinks, US doctors must focuse their efforts on developing drugs that alleviate paranoia that is overwhelming people at present."

I thinks Americans should get a little bit braver. I hear so many folks sounding as tired and negative as they try to out Eeyore Eeyore. Grow a pair, get a shot of testosterone,  do whatever it takes to get back to fully living the short lives we're allotted. While the United States has faced many serious health scares over the years none of those scares has ever scared us to the point of cowering like we are now. It's disgraceful. One can say that every other nation has taken the same overly cautious route - I don't know if that's true - but even if it is true America has always risen to challenges  - not just the government but the people.
While it may sound like paranoia, it's likely not paranoia but more correctly anger, determination, fight, and optimism that makes me push back. It's not stupidity, although there's plenty of that - it's the will to overcome obstacles rather than be bowled over by them. 

I have to agree.

In California there are 8.9 million 0 - 17 years old, and exactly ZERO have died from Covid. But the news doesn't bother with positive stories like that. They prefer noise and hysteria to sell a false premise (children are in danger going to school) and story.

Hydroxychloroquine has a 6 decade long history of safe use behind it, yet when the president mentions it as a potential treatment for Covid the media loses it's damn mind and starts claiming (without evidence) that is one of the most dangerous things known to man. If you listen to them, bathing in nuclear waste would be safer than a prophylactic dose of hydroxychloroquine. A dose which happens to be a significantly lower dose than that taken to treat rheumatoid arthritis or prevent malaria by millions with no significant after effects. But if you go right now to drugs.com and look up hydroxychloroquine it mysteriously has an "Important Information" section mentioning dangerous effects on your heart and even more so if combined with a Z-Pac. Out of the thousands of possible drugs that this "supposedly" dangerous drug could be combined with it just so happens the lone drug mentioned by the President is the EXACT one Drug.com mentions. THAT LADIES AND GENTLEMEN IS NOT SAGE MEDICAL ADVISE FROM DRUGS.COM, IT IS A POLITICAL STATEMENT WHICH HAS NO PLACE IN MEDICINE. 

See for yourself:
https://www.drugs.com/hydroxychloroquine.html

Why do people forsake the essence their oath to do not harm for something as worthless as politics? With some people, the President being wrong on EVERY subject is more important that anything else in their existence,  and that is wrong. Honor, truth, ethics, oaths, and humanity must mean something or we are no better than animals.

Jon

dc-concours

Again...previous history of safe use for one ailment does not mean it's safe for another! Don't you understand that? Or are you so partisan that whatever the prez says goes in your book?

And if this is so effective why hasn't the president's FDA approved it? After all the FDA is under his auspices and the FDA has kowtowed to his other demands.

m in sc

^ this.

ama, cdc and fda all pretty much align as well.

I mean 4 out of 5 doctors at one time preferred camels as well.  :rotflmao:

I'm waiting for the 'flat earth' thread to start soon. 

ursharkfuel

DC Concours said:
Again...previous history of safe use for one ailment does not mean it's safe for another! Don't you understand that? Or are you so partisan that whatever the prez says goes in your book?

And if this is so effective why hasn't the president's FDA approved it? After all the FDA is under his auspices and the FDA has kowtowed to his other demands.

You may need to dial it back a couple levels - hoss. I'm not being nasty ("or don't you understand that" - your quote, not mine) - but you are being nasty.  :??:

As far as the FDA is concerned, this is a developing issue and it takes them a year or more to wipe their backside, must less approve a treatment! Don't forget I work in the medical field. Are you aware that most medical facilities have diagnostic equipment still running on Windows 7, XP, and worse? Why? Because it takes approximately 3 years for a vendor to have new hardware certified for use by the FDA, and NO VENDOR wants to go back through that hell to get an update approved for existing hardware. So they produce new models with a new OS, and most medical facilities cannot upgrade 100k+ hardware at that rate, so they must ignore the old Operating System and use the equipment as long as it will effectively the job. So the mention of the FDA does not really create any light in the discussion, it only creates more darkness - the massive slow moving bureaucracy is not the answer it is the problem in Covid and so many other issues.

Counterpoint - where are the decades of warnings about the harmful side effects of HOC from the FDA - since you consider them a highly trusted source? Simple answer - they don't exist! The evidence is simply not on your side. And as I am sure you know, in D.C. the career bureaucrats can't agree what planet we are on most days. I grew up near DC, I have plenty of friends and family that work there. I also know the joke around DC that all presidents and their administrations no matter what party are just "The Summer Help" according to the folks in Washington that remain longer than 4 or 8 years........ :nananana:

So much for the distraction, back to the original subject. Kinda difficult to argue with 60+ years of safe HOC use, and I see you completely avoided that point. And it really doesn't matter if the drug was ingested for athlete's foot, a headache, or a constipation - the side effects do not change based on the illness being treated - like that or not. The formula of the drug does not change based on the illness except in very rare instances and this is not one of them. And before you try to go down that road let me help you - HOC is used to treat Malaria - an illness not unlike Covid. Please note I did not say exactly the same, but close enough..... :eek:

I'm real sorry, but you can't change the historical record of use like it does not exist to satisfy a political talking point. Those pesky facts and historical records tend to get in the way of a great story sometimes The drug is safer than Aspirin which is sold over the counter and that is a little fact some in the media or most online trolls don't want to hear. Truth is kryptonite to some, and freedom to others.

Look for yourself. I found an source that escaped the revisionists, or the liars that only list 15, 20, or 25 now so that Aspirin does not appear on their "new" lists. But there it is at number 44 in data from the FDA 2004-2015. Yet I don't see HOC, do you?  :rotflmao:

https://www.nwitimes.com/niche/get-healthy/the-50-most-dangerous-medicinal-drugs/collection_a5904d4d-6158-5ac8-82a2-c1020f217ed5.html
My point was, and continues to be, this drug is safe and effective and politics be damned.  :mad:

I couldn't care less who is in the oval office, I only care about what is real and what isn't in this matter as I said before - this shouldn't be a political issue, but the haters just love to hate even when it hurts people........  :-[

Jon

ursharkfuel

Harry said:
This interesting tidbit came my way through my beekeeper network.
I keep bees and got stung again yesterday, so I found it rather interesting...

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7190514/?fbclid=IwAR03TDTmm1XNUnuAULNXhqL18W7Dg9NJQAtO6VytTmfeP-fmpnn5u8LME98

Basically, beekeepers may have a stronger immune system.  :great: ;)

That sure is interesting. But if the fat cats in the pharmaceutical industry aka Big Pharma do not control bee keeping, and if this is proven, you can bet it will be quashed.

I predict the end, all be all, vaccine from BigParm will be 1) New, 2)The creator with have exclusive rights, and 3) It will be expensive. Anyone that trusts those guys don't really know much about them - or they work for them! I am no fan of the pharmaceutical crooks because they don't mind killing or maiming over a buck.  :-\

Jon

fishfarm1

Big Wheel
Forum Subscriber
First quote is from 2009, second from 2015. I'm sure this has all been corrected by now...

“It is simply no longer possible to believe much of the clinical research that is published, or to rely on the judgment of trusted physicians or authoritative medical guidelines. I take no pleasure in this conclusion, which I reached slowly and reluctantly over my two decades as editor of The New England Journal of Medicine” (1).

More recently, Richard Horton, editor of The Lancet, wrote that “The case against science is straightforward: much of the scientific literature, perhaps half, may simply be untrue. Afflicted by studies with small sample sizes, tiny effects, invalid exploratory analyses, and flagrant conflicts of interest, together with an obsession for pursuing fashionable trends of dubious importance, science has taken a turn towards darkness” (2).

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4572812/#b2-cvj_10_1011

(Yes, it's an obscure Canadian Veterinary Journal)

fishfarm1

Big Wheel
Forum Subscriber
m in sc said:
ACTUAL  good recent news :

https://apnews.com/d9150647d677cd036c03b8d0ab52358b
Some additional information on Twitter. Do you trust Bill Gates?

I found this comment especially interesting...

“The Moderna technology platform is to insert synthetic mRNA into living cells that would reprogram the cells [...] It is a novel technique abandoned by several large pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies that were unable to overcome the side effects.”

https://twitter.com/SH1RTM4ST3R/status/1286897524515774464

tlr-boise

And more potentially--potentially--good news about treatments, from Hebrew University in Israel, where they think maybe an existing cholesterol drug, fenofibrate, might mitigate symptoms of the Wuhan virus. 

The is VERY preliminary, of course, but I'm encouraged that docs and researchers around the world seem to be really getting on the search for treatments, testing theories;  given that the vaccine is so far off, and the civilized world can't tolerate being "shut down", masked, socially distanced, etc., since all that stuff is KILLING us:

https://www.pharmaceutical-technology.com/news/study-fenofibrate-covid-19/

tlr-boise

m in sc said:
ACTUAL  good recent news :

https://apnews.com/d9150647d677cd036c03b8d0ab52358b

This IS potentially good news.  Even though most AP reporters are crap journalists, and most can't begin to be able to explain science or math stuff, I'm hopeful the reporter may have gotten this story right.

This gives me a little pause, however:

"That first-stage study that included Haller and 44 others showed the shots revved up volunteers’ immune systems in ways scientists expect will be protective, with some minor side effects such as a brief fever, chills and pain at the injection site. Early testing of other leading candidates have had similarly encouraging results."

I won't pretend I'm knowledgeable, but from what I understand, a strong immune system, or a "revved up" immune systems in some people, created that cytokine storm docs observed earlier on, where the immune system created such a reaction, in the lungs, that it killed the patient.

But, I'm sure these folks know what they're doing.  I really hope the health professionals who are confidently volunteering for these tests aren't killed by them.

boomer

Crotch Rocket
Forum Subscriber
From what I have read there are some 30 different vaccines undergoing limited or extended clinical trials around the world. There is also a protein nebuliser treatment that is giving very good results when used by those who have the virus and are struggling with their breathing, whether intubated or not.
We are getting there bit by bit but don't expect miracles or instant fixes.
Even the vaccines will not give 100% guarantees and they will have side effects.

I personally expect and am planning for the current situation to continue for at least the next 6 months.
Even if any of the vaccines is 99.9% effective, it will still be years before we can vaccinate enough people to render this virus mostly harmless.

greenie

I saw that. There was a lot of resistance to repurposing existing drugs - there are others that appear to work too.... one can be purchased at Tractor Supply.

Daboo

Staff member
Probably not. Take a look at this Bing tracking map showing the COVID-1984 cases and relative amounts.

1612032293912.png

Note how little the virus seems to have reached places like Tanzania. Why is that? When I went on a mission trip to Mwanza, Tanzania the "town" had over a million people. They were densely packed like a village that grew to an enormous size. People could only afford a single meal a day, let alone masks.

The difference? Hydroxychloroquine is an over-the-counter drug used to prevent malaria, which is common in that area. It is low-cost and effective for malaria. And it appears to be effective against COVID-1984.

Here's a screen capture of a chart ranking the countries by cases. A country with a population of 60 million...only having 509 cases. And only 21 deaths.

1612032764522.png

You can believe it, or debunk it. I really don't care.

First quote is from 2009, second from 2015. I'm sure this has all been corrected by now...

“It is simply no longer possible to believe much of the clinical research that is published, or to rely on the judgment of trusted physicians or authoritative medical guidelines. I take no pleasure in this conclusion, which I reached slowly and reluctantly over my two decades as editor of The New England Journal of Medicine” (1).

More recently, Richard Horton, editor of The Lancet, wrote that “The case against science is straightforward: much of the scientific literature, perhaps half, may simply be untrue. Afflicted by studies with small sample sizes, tiny effects, invalid exploratory analyses, and flagrant conflicts of interest, together with an obsession for pursuing fashionable trends of dubious importance, science has taken a turn towards darkness” (2).

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4572812/#b2-cvj_10_1011

(Yes, it's an obscure Canadian Veterinary Journal)
That quote "It is simply no longer possible to believe much of the clinical research that is published" caught my eye. Fauci has changed his story, depending on who he is talking to. Interesting how some of the cities with the worst outbreaks and record levels of infections...relaxed the lockdowns right after the inauguration. Coincidence?

I chose to use my head and not blindly follow media and politicians who seem to have an agenda that may not be in my best interests. If I'm required to wear a mask somewhere, I will...but not without thinking of how dumb it is. Even Fauci said there is virtually no chance of getting infected from an asymptomatic person.

I put on just under 15,000 miles last year, and intend to do the same this year. I plan on doing the same this year, and not hiding in fear in my house.

Chris

fartymarty

Note how little the virus seems to have reached places like Tanzania. Why is that?
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/tanzania/

Maybe because they quit reporting it back in May?

Today, the Ministry of Health announced that the government has suspended reporting Covid19 figures because of work currently taking place at the National Health Laboratories. Once the improvements are completed, official reporting will resume. The last official report indicated 480 confirmed cases in the country. However, the semi-autonomous region of Zanzibar has announced 29 new cases and 5 additional deaths.

...or I guess it could be Hydroxychloroquine just stopped it cold? Believe what you want to.

santacruzrider

I chose to use my head and not blindly follow media and politicians who seem to have an agenda that may not be in my best interests. If I'm required to wear a mask somewhere, I will...but not without thinking of how dumb it is. Even Fauci said there is virtually no chance of getting infected from an asymptomatic person.
I guess as long as you only hang around asymptomatic people -- you're good. Then again, do you trust everyone to recognize when they have symptoms, or even to honor the guidance to quarantine when they do have symptoms?

I know from personal experience that when I had symptoms, I at first thought it was from a toothache (was scheduled to have a broken wisdom tooth removed). Even when full blown sick, there was never a day when I wouldn't have been capable of getting in line at the store and standing next to you buying groceries (I didn't) and there was really only one day when I had a fever and one other day when I was coughing enough to look like I may have been sick. Now I quarantined, but I don't know if everyone would.

I also know that a certain healthcare worker at a certain locked down nursing home either didn't recognize his symptoms (they check temps daily) or was asymptomatic, and now 5 elderly but otherwise healthy (at least the family member I knew) are dead.

On the politics point, I'm sure we can all find examples to prove our assumptions. Here in sunny California, some the biggest lockdowns came in late November, then even tighter mid-December through late January. Timing followed rise in cases and lack of intensive care beds. Also followed the election, but some folks should ignore that because it won't support their theory.

Stay safe Chris. I could have been the asymptomatic super spread smiling at you in line at Walmart! :cool: