• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Good news on the Covid treatment front

tlr-boise

I thought this thread was locked long ago. Mention of Hydroxychloroquine makes some people go apoplectic. Ditto the Wuhan virus.

My two docs know HCQ works to mitigate symptoms and avoid the hospital, for some people--IF given early and with Zinc, and maybe the Z-Pak--if the Z-Pak is OK'd by the doc.

But the hospital doc is prohibited from prescribing it for anyone other than his Lupus patients, and he has been directed to tell us there is NO early treatment for the virus.

He knows that is false. He knows there are early treatments and docs are prescribing them off label every day.

But, around here, the medical community doctor bureaucrats officially tell people who get the virus to go home, do nothing, quarantine yourself, sit tight, come in to the hospital if you get worse.

It's a scandal, imho.

By the way, if you believe the statistics from most ANY other country in the world, you have rocks in your head. (Imho.) The way they count Covid cases and deaths is at least as unreliable as the way they did it in Illinois.

ONOBob

Again...previous history of safe use for one ailment does not mean it's safe for another! Don't you understand that? Or are you so partisan that whatever the prez says goes in your book?

And if this is so effective why hasn't the president's FDA approved it? After all the FDA is under his auspices and the FDA has kowtowed to his other demands.
You calling someone partisan is comical

Conrad

I thought this thread was locked long ago. Mention of Hydroxychloroquine makes some people go apoplectic. Ditto the Wuhan virus.

My two docs know HCQ works to mitigate symptoms and avoid the hospital, for some people--IF given early and with Zinc, and maybe the Z-Pak--if the Z-Pak is OK'd by the doc.

But the hospital doc is prohibited from prescribing it for anyone other than his Lupus patients, and he has been directed to tell us there is NO early treatment for the virus.

He knows that is false. He knows there are early treatments and docs are prescribing them off label every day.

But, around here, the medical community doctor bureaucrats officially tell people who get the virus to go home, do nothing, quarantine yourself, sit tight, come in to the hospital if you get worse.

It's a scandal, imho.

By the way, if you believe the statistics from most ANY other country in the world, you have rocks in your head. (Imho.) The way they count Covid cases and deaths is at least as unreliable as the way they did it in Illinois.

This thread should remain locked. If people are going to spread lies and misinformation, lock it up!

Strawboss

Getting back to the original posting, the good news is that the Flu has been virtually eradicated. Our GUV here in Ohio has proclaimed that only 1 person in the whole state has died from the flu, this is indeed good news as it's never happened before.

greenie

Expect to see decreases in all the top causes of death in the United States:
  • Heart disease: 659,041.
  • Cancer: 599,601.
  • Accidents (unintentional injuries): 173,040.
  • Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 156,979.
  • Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 150,005.
  • Alzheimer's disease: 121,499.
  • Diabetes: 87,647
Great news until the reason for the decreases is understood.

connie_rider

Yupp, the decreases were because; the deaths were attributed to Covid instead.
Andddd, there was almost no Flu this year..
,,,,,Apparently the masks work for the Flu, but not Covid.
,,,,,,,,,,,"Amazing"

Last edited:

Conrad

Yupp, the decreases were because; the deaths were attributed to Covid instead.
Andddd, there was almost no Flu this year..
,,,,,Apparently the masks work for the Flu, but not Covid.
,,,,,,,,,,,"Amazing"

EXACTLY who has said that masks do not work?

So let me ask you this. Let's say that you need surgery for some life threating condition. Would you be ok if none of the surgeons performing your surgery wore protective masks?

Last edited:

Conrad

Wow! That's amazing. o_O

So what you're saying is that medical examiners and coroners from all over the country, heck, all over the world, are falsifying death certificates as to the real causes of these deaths? To what end, exactly? You do know, that in most states, falsifying a death cert is considered a felony? Why would these professionals risk their jobs and their freedom to artificially boost the numbers?

So tell me, how many of the ~500k deaths attributed to covid in this country would you estimate were really caused by the virus?

Last edited:

connie_rider

I was being cute.
ie; It's strange that people say they helped with Flu but didn't help with Covid.

Many say they don't work. I feel that they offer some protection.
As I have COPD, any protection I get {because someone else chooses to wear a mask}, is appreciated.

Ride safe, Ted

Conrad

I was being cute.
ie; It's strange that people say they helped with Flu but didn't help with Covid.

Many say they don't work. I feel that they offer some protection.
As I have COPD, any protection I get {because someone else chooses to wear a mask}, is appreciated.

Ride safe, Ted
Cute? Oh yeah, you're very cute.

"It's strange that people say they helped with Flu but didn't help with Covid."

Not so strange when you look at who is saying this...

"As I have COPD, any protection I get {because someone else chooses to wear a mask}, is appreciated."

Do you wear a mask in public?

greenie

"So what you're saying is that medical examiners and coroners from all over the country, heck, all over the world, are falsifying death certificates as to the real causes of these deaths?" Point out where I made any such statement.

Conrad

"So what you're saying is that medical examiners and coroners from all over the country, heck, all over the world, are falsifying death certificates as to the real causes of these deaths?" Point out where I made any such statement, Einstein.
That's Mr Einstein to you sir.

You inferred it.

infer
[inˈfər]

VERB
inferred (past tense) · inferred (past participle)
  1. deduce or conclude (information) from evidence and reasoning rather than from explicit statements.
    "from these facts we can infer that crime has been increasing"

Last edited:

kv5e

South Central Area Director - COG 5063
Staff member
I think the bottom line here is the medical community for the most part have been incentivized to report SARS-CoV-2 COVID-19 disease when it is present for the compensation offered by the government. Those who had one or more co-morbidity factors may have been near death's door if they became infected with SARS-CoV-2 and may have died from pulmonary embolism, renal failure, pneumonia, hypertension and other fatal conditions with COVID-19 listed as well.

The media and official reports for 500K deaths include folks who had conditions which made death more likely if they contracted COVID-19.

Many of those may have died from the flu or other complications anyway so COVID-19 is lumped in on the COD to get paid. Many may not have died, but COVID-19 was a disease that their body could not handle due to the fact it is an emergent novel virus not seen before in humanity.

I am fully vaccinated, yet I still wear a properly fitted N-95 mask when shopping or in the near field company of others indoors.

greenie

"You inferred it." Please - don't try to fathom hidden meanings from comments I make - that's an assumption- you know what they say about assumptions.

My Einstein was posted for all of 50 seconds before I thought better and deleted it. You must have been coiled and ready to strike to copy and paste that so quickly. In any event, my apologies for that brief lapse in decorum.

Conrad

"You inferred it." Please - don't try to fathom hidden meanings from comments I make - that's an assumption- you know what they say about assumptions.

My Einstein was posted for all of 50 seconds before I thought better and deleted it. You must have been coiled and ready to strike to copy and paste that so quickly. In any event, my apologies for that brief lapse in decorum.

Oh ok, my bad for assuming what you meant by the below.

Since my assumption was obviously wrong would you mind enlightening me as to what you really meant by "Great news until the reason for the decreases is understood."

If it's not too much trouble that is?

"My Einstein was posted for all of 50 seconds before I thought better and deleted it. You must have been coiled and ready to strike to copy and paste that so quickly. In any event, my apologies for that brief lapse in decorum."

Yes, I was poised like a cobra, ready to strike the moment you called me a name other than my own. I live for that, you know? :rolleyes:

Apology accepted.

kv5e

Staff member
Thanks guys for taking the high road here. - This is how forums are supposed to work. (y)

ONOBob

EXACTLY who has said that masks do not work?

So let me ask you this. Let's say that you need surgery for some life threating condition. Would you be ok if none of the surgeons performing your surgery wore protective masks?
Oh ok, my bad for assuming what you meant by the below.

Since my assumption was obviously wrong would you mind enlightening me as to what you really meant by "Great news until the reason for the decreases is understood."

If it's not too much trouble that is?

"My Einstein was posted for all of 50 seconds before I thought better and deleted it. You must have been coiled and ready to strike to copy and paste that so quickly. In any event, my apologies for that brief lapse in decorum."

Yes, I was poised like a cobra, ready to strike the moment you called me a name other than my own. I live for that, you know? :rolleyes:

Apology accepted.

Hey, i have an idea.
I’d do this myself but I’m on vacation with no access to a laptop

Can someone please go to the CDC web site, or other, and look up the total deaths in the USA for the years 2018,2019 and 2020? This would give a better indication of the true impact of covid19

PS. Having surgery is not the same as having the flu/covid19
PSS. I and everyone in my extended family had covid19 in November. Wife, kids, grandkids, nieces, nephews even my 88 and 85 year old parents. And for everyone of us it was a very mild flu. Except my 64 year old wife. It lingered with her for over a week and turned into pneumonia. She had to get antibiotics. Fine now

connie_rider

I tried to find a chart of deaths in the USA by year.
I was unsuccessful.
*I found a lot of discussion about Covid deaths etc.
*I did find 1 list of totals {that was said to be a lie by the fact Checkers :sneaky: }.
*I found statements that there "were" more deaths in 2020, but no lists {of total deaths by year} to substantiate that statement...
Maybe someone else will have better luck.

Ride safe, Ted

fartymarty

The disagreement about death numbers doesn't seem to take into account that in 2020 we had an extreme shortage of ventilators that required the use of the Defense Production act to make more. Yet there was no shortage in 2019, at least I didn't hear of any. Also in 2020 there were packed ICUs across the country and frequent stories of medical care people being overworked, exhausted and depressed. I didn't hear of that in 2019. Are some of us saying that it was all an elaborate hoax by the government and the health care workers were all in collusion? ...or in disillusion?......or...... are you just saying that X number of people were going to die anyway and that same X number of people died of covid instead? ...and we should just what?... do nothing? If we're going to die anyway just lie back and enjoy it?
What about the young people that recovered from the initial bout with Covid but now have long term problems?..hoax?..or just a bunch of people that want to complain to get attention and covid came along to give them something else to blame instead of their chronic restless leg syndrome induced heart problems? They were going to be complaining little whiny byotches anyway, now they have a new excuse? Mask wearing encouragement and requirements are an attempt at what?...mind control?..."once we get them to wear masks then we can get them to volunteer turning over their guns." or " First we get them to wear masks then they'll let us tattoo 666 on their foreheads".
This back and forth goes on and on like eventually someone thinks they are going to say something that will make everybody agree with them. That isn't going to happen. Even though I'm a city boy, I've been to the country. I too know what BS smells like, but when I smell it, I also know when to blame others for it and when to look down and scrape it off of my own shoe.
All this thread is doing is making extra work (and more white hairs) for the moderators. You all need to go ride, or work on your bikes or sumthin'...me included.

Daboo

Staff member
I’m an old country boy. I know BS when I smell it
I wish I had time today to look into those death figures. I've seen them on some conservative web sights. Maybe tomorrow.

Just some food for thought on the "BS" smelling. ;) If a mask is so good for keeping the virus from spreading...why is it that it is useless for stopping the California fire smoke from getting through? The smoke particles are 100 (or maybe even 1000) times smaller than the virus.

Then there's the CDC guidelines that say you still have to isolate yourself and wear a mask, if you get vaccinated. Hmmm... Let's see if I can break down this logic. The vaccination is supposed to make me not get the virus. Now the masks we have been wearing for two weeks...no wait, it got extended to a year...and now Fauci says another year from now!...anyway, it is supposed to keep me from passing the virus to someone else. But I thought the vaccine was supposed to keep me from getting the virus in the first place. So I shouldn't be transmitting any virus. Why is it that I'm wearing a mask? I'm confused.

Lockdowns are supposed to work, but...Sweden is the only European country to not impose lockdowns...and they are only #29 of the world's death rate. Some of that is because they weren't prepared for the impact on their older citizens. But lockdowns in other countries, some severe like in the UK, haven't kept them from having more cases.

Superspreader events are all hyped up on the MSM...but haven't proven to be true. Sturgis was supposed to be a "superspreader" event...and the MSM jumped on that, repeating the same study. Noem: Study connecting 250,000 COVID-19 cases to Sturgis Rally 'isn't science, it's fiction'

The Superbowl was supposed to be a superspreader event...and wasn't. CPAC was supposed to be a superspreader event...and wasn't.

The vaccine itself...I'm hearing how large portions of medical personnel are refusing to take the vaccine. Hmmm...

I'm sure it was only coincidence, but the PCR tests were found to be generating false positives. The number of cycles they ran the sample through, almost guaranteed a positive result. I can get more details on this, but what I took away from what I read is the "asymptomatic" carriers really only had a false positive and weren't infected.

So when I do the sniff test...much of what I see and hear is MSM hype to incite fear and get ratings....and smells a lot like BS.

Chris

Daboo

Staff member
One last thought...as for the lockdowns, I think you'll find the masks and lockdowns will go away fairly quickly.

It won't be because the politicians want you to. It'll be because several states are ending their lockdowns...and it'll be shown that a major outbreak didn't follow.

Once that happens, a lot of people in lockdowns are going to be asking themselves, "why am I still doing this?"

fartymarty

If a mask is so good for keeping the virus from spreading...why is it that it is useless for stopping the California fire smoke from getting through? The smoke particles are 100 (or maybe even 1000) times smaller than the virus.
Chris I think you need to proof read this, you meant that the smoke particles are larger than the virus...right?

Regardless, the masks inhibit and reduce the number small droplets from nose and throat that contain the virus. They also reduce the velocity of those droplets that make it through so that the range of travel is reduced. If masks were so fine as to not allow the virus itself through then you'd not get enough air in to breath (sorta seems that way now sometimes) unless the masks where huge and not reasonably portable.

Then there's the CDC guidelines that say you still have to isolate yourself and wear a mask, if you get vaccinated. Hmmm... Let's see if I can break down this logic. The vaccination is supposed to make me not get the virus. Now the masks we have been wearing for two weeks...no wait, it got extended to a year...and now Fauci says another year from now!...anyway, it is supposed to keep me from passing the virus to someone else. But I thought the vaccine was supposed to keep me from getting the virus in the first place. So I shouldn't be transmitting any virus. Why is it that I'm wearing a mask? I'm confused.
Yes you are confused. The vaccine is to help your body successfully fight the virus, you can still get the virus, although you probably won't know you have it if you've been vaccinated. I think the studies are underway to determine how spreadable the virus is from vaccinated people, but regardless of the numbers they can still technically spread it. There are going to be those that don't wear a mask for whatever reason that are going to just say "It's OK, I've been vaccinated." even if they haven't been vaccinated.

As for the Superbowl being a super spreader event, perhaps I'm in error..but I thought the fear was not at the Superbowl itself but rather nationwide at local in home Superbowl parties amongst friends and families. I doubt anyone has taken a survey on how many of those have occurred and how many that did occur were in reduced numbers from the usual numbers in previous years. So maybe they didn't happen or were so reduced that there was no superspread. It sure seemed like there was a post Thanksgiving, and post Christmas spike....am I delusional?..or were the post holiday numbers fudged upward by the conspiracy?

It's inevitable that some expressed fears don't materialize, even without vaccines and masks the numbers will eventually go down because those most at risk will die off and those that recover will have some increased level of immunity....so as time goes on the numbers go down (virus mutation rate allowing) and both sides will say it just proves their point and they were right all along. How many of our loved ones are we willing to lose and not be able to say goodbye to or give comfort to before we get to the point of saying "See? I was right all along!" ???

Last edited:

kv5e

Staff member
SARS-CoV-2 is a novel virus that emerged with no natural immunity in Homo Sapiens. The lethality of the virus is greatest for persons above 70 and those with multiple co-morbidity factors of any age who are not able to mount an effective immune response against the disease. In some cases after about seven to ten days of infection, some patients give the appearance of partial recovery only to be overwhelmed by an overactive immune response that attacks the body's own cells in areas that can be life threatening. Treatment can vary, but moderating immune response with steroids and IL-6 antagonists, monoclonal antibodies for the specific strain (expensive), and general supportive measures can help some folks recover.

In 2003 and 2012 an emergent form of coronavirus called SARS and then MERS was stopped by contact tracing and limiting exposure when the human zoonotic reservoir was still very small. Medical researchers then began looking at using mRNA as a possible method to build efficacious immune response in humans over 10 years ago. There was no need at that time, but research continued.

In the fall of 2019 in Wuhan, China a novel form of pneumonia emerged which was not understood. Chinese researchers began testing and and identified a novel new form of coronavirus which they quickly genetically sequenced and published in Jan 2020. This new virus was named SARS-CoV-2 and the Chinese were not able to contact trace and limit the spread until it escaped from China into the world. This new emergent virus was much more communicable than the previous coronaviridae due to the fact that it was able to bind to the ACE-2 receptors found on epithelial cells in the nose, throat, and lungs and then rapidly reproduce creating high viral loads that were shed by aerosols spreading from breathing, sneezing, coughing and touching ones face and eyes with fomite contaminants from infected individuals. It may or may not be a coincidence that there is a major virus research lab in Wuhan, but I believe that any release was due to negligence or accident if it was not a natural jump from species to species.

Now, with the sequence from the viral genome, researchers all over the world began looking for an Achilles heel to help prevent the spread, improvement of treatments, and create an effective vaccine for a disease which had emerged and was novel to the human immune system.

SARS-CoV-2 enters into the affected cells by binding with the its spike protein S1, then it is cleaved to reveal the S2 protein which grabs the cell membrane and then fuses into the cell where the single strand positive sense RNA of the viral genome becomes replicated and then produces new virus particles which bud off of the dying host cell to go infect additional cells.

The mRNA vaccines from Pfizer and Moderna contain a 1752 base pair portion of the spike protein without any other viral genome present. This portion of the spike protein instructions in messenger RNA format finds it way into cells where the cells build a spike protein which greatly resembles the binding regions of SARS-CoV-2 without the other molecular machinery of the virus. The body's immune system senses this protein and begins building antibody responses to the spike proteins, The first shot and booster shot together create vigorous poly-clonal antibodies to the SARS-CoV-2 infection if it is introduced into a fully vaccinated individual. The virus starts to reproduce but the antibody response is swift to prevent the catastrophic infection that is fatal in susceptible individuals. For a period of time, a vaccinated person might shed virus particles for a few days with a mostly asymptomatic infection before the immune system wipes it out.

There is no reverse transcriptase in the vaccine or the SARS-CoV-2 virus, so the mRNA of the vaccine does not become part of the human genome. It is only a template for construction of the spike protein which body's immune system now recognizes and has "memory" to fight the virus off.

Last edited:

Daboo

Staff member
Back in the Obama years, we (USA) were experimenting with "gain of functionality" with viruses. A group of about 350 scientists signed a petition to get the Obama administration to cease the experiments. So we did cease...technically. The research was transferred over to a lab in China...yup, you guessed it...Wuhan, where the experiments continued.

Funding was transferred through a non-profit organization. We gave well over a million US dollars to the Wuhan lab to continue the experiements.

The man instrumental in making all this happen...was Dr. Fauci.

You couldn't make this stuff up...

Chris

tlr-boise

All you guys with your facts, spreading LIES! This thread should be locked!

If you have any sense, you'll obey the guy in the video, link below. He's a super expert, a doctor, a longtime bureaucrat who has used his skills and competence to rise to the top, and he is NOT a living embodiment of the Peter Principle.

And he would NEVER, EVER lie to us . . . sheep:

turbojoe78

This guy is not a scientist but he brings up some good points.

Being a healthy person and wearing a mask every where you go "might" reduce the possibility of the virus getting into
your nose or your mouth ... but may increase the possibility of it getting into your eyes.

greenie

There's a sizeable part of our citizenry that appears to accept whatever the media serves up as news without question. On a good day less than 40% of Americans polled by Gallup trust the media or Congress yet there are many people that unquestioningly accept whatever narrative the media and congress advances (both the media and Congress are in lockstep). Verification is available at our fingertips by obtaining facts rather than allowing a reporter or politician to parse it.
What started as a two week curtailment of freedom has lasted a year and we're hearing that life as we knew it will never be the same again. There are far too many people complacent about Covid-19 and these folks are sealing our fate. As motorcyclists we should cherish freedom and be suspicious of any attempts to limit our freedom. Presumably before we started riding motorcycles we heard how dangerous the sport is. Presumably we rode anyway and soon learned that the risks were overstated and we took up riding donorcycles.
Life is full of risks, life is full of charlatans who under the guise of health will rob us not only of our wages but our freedom as well.
Do a little investigation - don't delegate that duty to the media or a congress critter. Compare lock down state statistics with open state statistics and see for yourself that restrictions have made little difference. Look at the ages and health conditions of Covid related deaths. Question why the seasonal flu has all but disappeared.

Tour1

My dad often said figures don't lie but liars figure.
Statistics can fool you. It doesn't mean they're wrong, though. If you think of all deaths as a pie then anything that increases a certain slice size would likely decrease something somewhere else in the pie. It should be there for bikers, since statistically riding a bike enables one to die in a motorcycle accident and it is unlikely that a motorcycle accident death would be attributed to any other cause.
I got a blood pressure tester and of course it says I'm in bad shape. But my first thought is, high oil pressure ruins cars because the older cars as a group have lower oil pressure. I'm sure statistics would prove it. I just have a preference as to what the numbers mean.
I'd like to stop wearing a mask and start roaming carefree between states again. I'm not sure why it's ok to travel 500 miles from NYC to Buffalo NY but it's an offense to go less than 100 miles from Albany to New Hampshire. You have to draw the line somewhere and we already have lines drawn between states.
Life expectancy as a whole is lower these days. I wish I knew how fast I should spend my money so I can use most of it before I go where it's worthless.

fartymarty

I wish I knew how fast I should spend my money so I can use most of it before I go where it's worthless.
If you find an answer to this let me know. There are days where I feel like I'm already on borrowed time and yet I'm still making plans for two years from now.
I don't want to run out of $, but I don't want to leave much behind either....we can put a man on the moon and a drone helicopter on Mars but where's the darned crystal ball when we need it? :unsure: :D

Daboo

Staff member
I tried both. Same result. I'll live till I'm 73...only a little more than 4 years from now.

Somehow, I suspect they are wrong. Not that I'm afraid of dying, but I feel like I'm in better shape and health than when I was in my 50's.

Chris

fartymarty

Thanks Harry, now I need a Crystal ball to tell me if I should be an optimist or a pessimist because it would seem that is about a 9 year difference for me. So how much (%) should I be spending per year?

Wait...what's that bright light I see....

nickrides

Hmmm- Interesting, the second crystal ball said I'd live to 80
I'm 62 now
I've skied 77 days so far this year and will likely go for a MC tour tomorrow
Trying to have some fun
Nick
2014 C-14

tlr-boise

There's a sizeable part of our citizenry that appears to accept whatever the media serves up as news without question. On a good day less than 40% of Americans polled by Gallup trust the media or Congress yet there are many people that unquestioningly accept whatever narrative the media and congress advances (both the media and Congress are in lockstep). Verification is available at our fingertips by obtaining facts rather than allowing a reporter or politician to parse it.
What started as a two week curtailment of freedom has lasted a year and we're hearing that life as we knew it will never be the same again. There are far too many people complacent about Covid-19 and these folks are sealing our fate. As motorcyclists we should cherish freedom and be suspicious of any attempts to limit our freedom. Presumably before we started riding motorcycles we heard how dangerous the sport is. Presumably we rode anyway and soon learned that the risks were overstated and we took up riding donorcycles.
Life is full of risks, life is full of charlatans who under the guise of health will rob us not only of our wages but our freedom as well.
Do a little investigation - don't delegate that duty to the media or a congress critter. Compare lock down state statistics with open state statistics and see for yourself that restrictions have made little difference. Look at the ages and health conditions of Covid related deaths. Question why the seasonal flu has all but disappeared.
And do your searches on DuckDuckGo, instead of Google. DuckDuckGo doesn't track you and doesn't manipulate searches.

greenie

"I've skied 77 days so far this year and will likely go for a MC tour tomorrow"
I worked with a 78 year old man, very active, very alert -a great guy. He had a goal to ski one day for every year of his life, and he did, right up to the end. He dropped at work and couldn't be revived - the first and only time someone I supervised died on the job. Healthy and vibrant one minute and gone like that.
I could be so lucky. The shock of an unexpected death is hard on survivors but it sure beats lingering in diapers in a smelly nursing home.

cuda

Since C19 mostly effects older and overweight I say let them die, It will help save SS and those that don't give a chit by letting themselves get overweight, If they don't care by getting overweight poof here is some C 19 for you, go away.
It's only a myth right? All lamestream medias fault.

No I don't believe In above statements but it sounds like many do.
Many In my family work in the health care industry they all must be very stupid for caring so much and working so hard.

greenie

"No I don't believe In above statements but it sounds like many do." Go back and read the comments again - you have completely misunderstood the discussion. That's a common reaction to questions about a year long home confinement sentence. Misconstrue questions or statements about the government's (and media's) response to a virus which have thus far proven ineffective while never responding to specific issues discussed.
This is exactly what got us into this endless purgatory we find ourselves in - too many folks either don't examine the situation for themselves or attack those of us that do.
I too have a child in the healthcare field. I'd mention her position, length of service and location but you'll have to take my word for her credentials. She's even more fired up about the manner in which Covid-19 has been weaponized than I am.
Look, I love life and I love freedom. Most motorcyclists do - but please - do not summarize a discussion as incorrectly as you have just done.

cuda

It has been said what we did was so wrong, well Brazil did not do much of anything because it's just a little flu right...

So basically they have had four times the death rate because of lack of concern.

Last edited:

ONOBob

It has been said what we did was so wrong, well Brazil did not do much of anything because it's just a little flu right...

So basically they have had four times the death rate because of lack of concern.

No, I think we're all saying covid19 is real and we did the best we could with the knowledge we had at the time.
I also think we saying that we know more now, and should adjust accordingly.
A year ago, we built dozens of field hospitals, recommissioned hospital ships, and never used them.
WHY?????

I also think we are saying that serval thousand US citizens have died of covid19, but not 500K.
The impact has been politicized, and that's just wrong. No, that's evil.

As for Brazil,
I have been there several times. I have friends there I stay in touch with regularly.
Yes their death rate is high, I believe some of that due to their strategy, but I believe more due to the living conditions.
Poverty, crowding, and lack of medical services........ That's what I observed when there.

PS. My daughter in law and infant / toddler grand sons are sick and were just diagnosed as covid19 positive.
We deal the best we can and keep going.

Let's chill out for heavens sake, we are all in this together.