• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Gravity noooo!

ZiaCog

Member # 13652 needs a CDA # now.

Had a nasty wet road ride yesterday with snow on the side of the road, so I needed salt and gravel off my beautiful girl. Got her all cleaned up just a bit ago on an unseasonably warm late November afternoon on 11/26/2022.

When I pushed her off the center stand to put her back in the stable, my right foot was in the way of the rear tire and it was just enough to bounce her to the right and she tipped over. I tried to slow her fall, but she's so heavy. So heavy.

Scuffed saddlebag and a cracked right cowl for my trouble. A glass of Laphroaig took the edge off my shame but the hole in my wallet from a $191.00 piece of plastic is the gentlest reminder I suppose I could hope for.

Damn it.

Attachments

• 20221126_151249.jpg
    20221126_151249.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 84
Sorry for your bad luck! Connie's naps aren't cheap at all. If I have to move one of the bikes, I feel much more in control riding than pushing from the side. I've had a couple of moments where I've almost lost control while pushing a big bike around. I've not dropped one in the driveway while in the seat. If you want to feel more secure yet, take the seat off. It's easy to flat foot at that point. My 14 has been dropped on both sides by others. I've got new saddlebag lids that I've been afraid to put on until I get some tip over bars. I just got some so maybe I'll put them on......or not. Maybe if I don't install them, I'll never drop it.:ROFLMAO:

Member # 13652 needs a CDA # now.

Had a nasty wet road ride yesterday with snow on the side of the road, so I needed salt and gravel off my beautiful girl. Got her all cleaned up just a bit ago on an unseasonably warm late November afternoon on 11/26/2022.

When I pushed her off the center stand to put her back in the stable, my right foot was in the way of the rear tire and it was just enough to bounce her to the right and she tipped over. I tried to slow her fall, but she's so heavy. So heavy.

Scuffed saddlebag and a cracked right cowl for my trouble. A glass of Laphroaig took the edge off my shame but the hole in my wallet from a $191.00 piece of plastic is the gentlest reminder I suppose I could hope for.

Damn it.
ZiaCog you have earned your CDA endorsement - your assigned CDA # is 572.

Coming off the centerstand there's a good deal of momentum. Seems the damage is minor and other than your foot being stomped on, some $ out of your pocket and a little scrub on the saddlebag (that is called radiance) you luckily avoided any major injury to you or machine - some drops like this can be quite spendy.

Get back in the saddle, purchase your CDA swag and sport it with pride.

Wayne, Carol & Blue

It didn't even hurt my foot! Talked to a friend who regaled me with tales of other drops they've had. We laughed, we cried, we got back on the road. Thanks!