• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Greetings from friendly, sunny Oakland, California!

mrinnocent

Hi! I just bought a 2014 C14 in very nice condition and I'm excited to be riding it.

I've been riding since 2008, all adv bikes (KLR 650, V-Strom 650, CB500X) and now I'm trying out something with more power, more on-road prowess, and enough room for my wife to be comfortable. I also like that if I really wanted to, I could track this bike, since it won't be wearing TKC-80s.

I've wanted a C14 since 2013, and recently I tested out the C14 against an R1200 GS and a Multistrada. I knew the Connie was right for me when I found myself thinking about it all the time for several days afterward.

For the curious, the bike in question is listed as sold here:

Unpaid plug: Farid at NVNG was great, very patient while I rode a handful of his bikes and great to do business with. Usually dealers make it hard to ride their bikes, and private sellers are (rightly) hesitant, but this really gave me the opportunity to confirm the C14 is right for me.

If anyone happens to know where this bike came from, feel free to let me know. It was last registered in AZ, and it's quite clean so I suspect belonged to an enthusiast.

Thanks in advance for welcoming me to the forum. Ride safe!

Congrats and welcome. That's a sexy looking machine! Treating it right will mean you won't be disappointed in your decision.

I've found that the black color scheme is really snazzy. Enjoy! AB

Welcome from Southern California. We have some rallies coming up hope you can make them!