• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Greetings from Vancouver Island BC

PCM19

Greetings All!

My name is Paul from Vancouver Island British Columbia and I just purchased a beautiful 2019 Concours14 this past Friday! I've been looking through this forum for the past few days, hey it's been raining, and I'm amazed at the wealth of information that's available for the C14.

A bit of info of me, I traded a 17 Triumph Explorer XRT 1200 on the Connie and before that I rode a few different BMWs in the past 30 years. The Triumph was an adventure style which I couldn't warm up to and I wanted to return to a sport tourer set up. The new C14 checks all the boxes!!

Anyhow, I need to get some kilometers on the new steed...well once it stops raining!!

Cheers!
Paul

Welcome from Puget Sound, just a bit south of you!

When the border opens up, do you want to do a ride over to Artist Point?  Or over the North Cascades Highway for lunch in Winthrop?

Chris

Yes, welcome and congrats on your new ride. I've had mine nearly 5 years and my swinging a leg over the saddle to mount it for a ride, brings a smile to my face every time.

Hope your rain ends soon

Thanks for the invite Chris (Daboo) for a ride in Washington State! Yah I just heard the border closure will be in force for quite awhile still due to the pandemic we are all experiencing now.

Welcome! If you are over on the other side of the water, drop me a PM. I'm on the North Shore. Ride to Squamish or Whistler makes the day!

Big virtual welcome Paul! Another Puget Sound rider here, can't wait till the borders open up and would love to get back up there to visit family. As gsun noted, a ride to Squamish or Whistler would be fantastic. I was planning a Canada trip to Penticton or Kelowna this summer but may have to save that for next year. Anyway, if Chris' ride to Artist Pt happens and borders are open, would love to make this meet & greet!

Robert

Welcome Paul!

You have a beautiful area to ride in indeed!

Enjoy the ride,
Jon 

Welcome Paul!! Beautiful area in Canada where you live! I look forward to traveling up there when we can cross the border legally! :) Good luck with your new bike! Come on down to Southwest when you can. We will ride with you anytime!  :)

:motonoises:  :motonoises:  :great:

Greetings Paul and congratulations on your 2019!  I'm abt 100km south of the border, in Lake Stevens WA.  Hope to see you out there some day!