• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Grip puppies Size

I didn't think they came in diff sizes.
Put 'em on my Connie day-1 and they lasted just about a year.
Just replaced them with grip buddies - which I now prefer.
A bit more expensive, but I feel like its a higher quality product.
YMMV.

Just installed Grip Puppies today, These are AWSOME!!. The install only took a couple minutes per side. Just trim about a half inch off one side of each & I used pledge furniture polish as a lube & they pushed right on!!.  Put the cut end in 1st & you will never tell they were trimmed. Furniture polish is also one of the best things to use on tires when mounting or dismounting them  :great:

It may be because I am cheap but my Grip Puppies are two years old and still seem fine.  I may change them when I put my ThrottleMeister on though.

At under $10 per pair I don't care if I have to change them every year, Hell even every 6 months at that price!!!  :beerchug:

None of you have answered the OP's question.  :41:  :))

So........ (in an attempt to help the OP)....... What size Grip Puppies are you using? :hum:

The Pope said:

So........ (in an attempt to help the OP)....... What size Grip Puppies are you using? :hum:
SMALL!!  :beerchug:

The Pope said:

Assuming that they have the original handgrips the C14 come with the size is small.

A quote for the California Sport Touring site:

SMALL Grip Puppies (1 Pair) - For bikes with 7/8" bars, which typically includes most sport, sport touring, and dual purpose motorcycles.
These are covers that slip over your existing grips.

They are 9.80 US and must be trimmed about 1/2 inch before installing with some type of lubricant.  I used Dawn dish soap and water you can search on YouTube and watch a person install a pair .  It is an easy task and IMO a cheap way to get some cushion and size to your grips.  I will always have them on my bike.

Grip Puppies are the best!! I have had them on every bike I've owned. They improve not only the grip (duh), but by increasing the diameter of the bars, less fatigue on long rides. AND they reduce buzz. And mine have lasted as long as I have owned a bike ( maximum 2ish years so far). Furthermore, they give a nice squishy surface for the Throttle Rocker to grip onto, so no sliding.
I like Grip Puppies!
Besides, the name is so cute.

Zarticus........right on!
On other posts on here there are some that are stating that they only last a few years or like 1500 miles. Now a days they’re going for $18 which is a couple of bucks more then a tank of gas!
At that price I wouldn’t care if I had to change them 2-3 times a season.

I just installed standard size. Easy install with just a touch of liquid dish soap applied to the inside of the grip. Went right on.

Attachments

• 20200817_194657_resized.jpg
    20200817_194657_resized.jpg
    262.3 KB · Views: 133
  • 20200817_194706_resized.jpg
    20200817_194706_resized.jpg
    263.3 KB · Views: 130
Love my puppies. I change every 3 to 4 years as they get hard.( Careful boys)
Whenever I let a friend borrow the bike they comment how comfortable they are.

I use Grab-On version of grip puppies. Supposedly a bit thicker. Just changed them on my Connie after 10 years.

I use white rain hair spray to install. Finger pump not aerosol. Wet the grip and the inside of the cushion and slide it on. Once the hair spray dries it acts as an adhesive.