• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Group Discussion regarding new outdoor equipment vendor relationship

CarlPeters

Training Wheels
Group,

Has anyone within the group ever thought about approaching a quality outdoor vendor equipment supplier for a group discount? Could we combine the members of GOG and ROK  as a group for combined buying and le and discount program? Have we ever considered this? If we use both COG and ROK as combined membership this would give us approximately 7,000 potential buyers that we could dangle in front of a new vendor.

There are about four quality outdoor equipment providers  to my knowledge that we could possilby approach.  They are  not in order of preference:

REI good camping and outdoor equipment but no hunting and fishing equipment.

Cabella's primarily located in the Midwest and elsewhere.

Bass Pro Shops primarily down south.

Gander Moutain the Midwest and elsewhere.

Is their a retailer that I forgot?

This in not an arbitary list on my part these are the ones I am familar with.

All these stores also have online ordering. However, being old school I always like to go to the store first and purchase directly retail.

Does this seem feasible?  Do you have any other ideas? Lets kick this around?  Would the group like me to research this further such as sales level, products sold, number of stores and store locations?

Thanks again,

Carl
MN