• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

GTPP 36 month extension for $339....UPDATED 2/23/2013

MAN OF BLUES

UPDATED 2/23/2013
UPDATED INFO 2/23/2013

just got off the phone with Pete, and he would like to thank all of you for your devoted trust, and patronage.
You have helped him achieve the #8 spot in the U.S.A. Kawasaki dealerships...
Kudos to all!!! ;)

Pete asked me to stress that if you send him an e-mail with all your info, PLEASE LEAVE A NUMBER HE CAN CALL YOU BACK AT, so he can securely get your charge card # that is the fastest and most efficient method for purchasing the GTPP.
He
apologized for some of the missed calls, but folks need to understand he is not always there to receive a call, so the e-mail with a callback number is still the best way to accomplish this timely.

Also, I need to update the info needed to:

"if you do not include payment info in your email, please list a day time
phone number that the dealership can call you to obtain the payment info"

Hows this for a screaming deal!!! He will also offer this special to other
models from Kawasaki too for june and July ONLY!

Jump on this folks...
I think there is going to be a price increase August 1st

follow the instructions:

$339.00 FROM MY FRIENDS AT ULTIMATE CYCLE:

"Hi Rich,
Thanks for your help. Kawasaki will send out the gtpp policy and we will
send via us-mail the paid receipt showing purchase date of the product.

PRIOR TO CALLING: Here is what I need to know from each one via e-mail. Getting this
information over the phone causes too many mistakes. However, for those that
do not wish to transmit their credit cards electronically,
they may call in*** their cc # to 804-330-4800 and my extension is 110. *** "

Email to: sales(at)UltimateCycle(dot)NET
remove the (at) and (dot), and do symbols.....

*Registered Name:
*Address:
*City:
*State:
*Zip code:
*Phone:
*Year , make , model , color:
*VIN#:
*Current mileage:

***Credit card type - MC/Visa/Amex:
***Credit Card #:
***Expiration Date:
***Sec Code on back of card (front for Amex):

"if you do not include payment info in your email, please list a day time
phone number that the dealership can call you to obtain the payment info"

We will charge the $339.00 $393.00 to their card and send the credit card receipt
and invoice to the listed address. We will electronically register the GTPP
which will take effect 10 days after we register. We do register daily, so
there is no delay at all.

Also, we will beat any deal on new Concours'
Thanks again,
Pete

these are my pals here in Richmond
Ultimate Cycle
8321 Midlothian Tpk.
Richmond, Va 23235

www.ultimateCycle.net

NOTE: THIS OFFER APPLIES TO OWNERS IN THE CONTINENTAL U.S.A. ONLY, AND EXCLUDES FLORIDA RESIDENTS BY FLORIDA LAW.

ALSO NOTE, THIS OFFER IS ONLY VALID WHEN PURCHASED OVER THE INTERNET, OR SPEAKING PERSONALLY TO PETE DANIALS DIRECTLY VIA TELEPHONE....

I have to admit, and with great sincerity to my club, all i did was contact my dealer and open a portal...
I have a great sense of ownership when a dealer steps up, and sticks his neck on the line, especially when he trusts my (past/current) position with the group... I can only thank him greatly, and assure him that his effort, and generosity to our group, will be returned tenfold in response by us as a whole... that my friends is all I can do.
my desire to find an outlet that will give me what I consider an acceptable outlet for what we need, as a group, has been shared. grab it up, and best wishes to y'all, I hope to see you on the road...

oh yeah, if you are in the neighborhood, stop in there and thank Pete man to man, shake his hand, and introduce youself as a true COG'r..... that's what WE do...spread the word.
and again to coin a phrase I wrote a few times..."here's the free prize, in every box..."

note: I've had this posted on "the other site" for years, to compile a database of peoples and questions/answers, this was all lost in the transition, but I have retained much of it.
I'm posting it here now to make sure I can share this for as long as my pal Pete continues to offer it.... I believe at last count he has provided over 150 of us with this great price.
ref:
http://zggtr.org/index.php?topic=225.0

UPDATED 3/28/2012
I will add, In conversation today, Pete has specifically told me that IF you bought the bike NEW, and are THE ORIGINAL OWNER who ALREADY HAS a GTPP in effect, HE CAN and WILL be able to add additional time for the additional costs, another 36 months, but I think it is a few bucks more....still cheap.!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a great deal. Any C14 owner planning on keeping their bike past the OEM warranty should take advantage of this deal!

Cap'n Bob said:
That's a great deal. Any C14 owner planning on keeping their bike past the OEM warranty should take advantage of this deal!

Even if you don't it seems like it would add value for resale on the private market; especially on a complicated piece like the c14.

Bought an extended warranty today for my 2008 Fast Silver C14. Great deal,peace of mind and is good for resale though not much chance for that! 8)

I bought into this last year and it's already paid for itself. I had my front rotors replaced under the GTPP just this last week.
Thanks to MOB for setting this deal up!

Wow, this sounds just too good to pass up! What about us Northerner's? Are there any such deals available for Canadians? :c017:

Bought mine today...good for 6 now!  The dealer I bought my bike from wanted $899.  $339 was too good to pass by.  Great deal.  Thank you for posting this up.  Ride safe.

SB

Well I thought I was satisfied with my purchase yesterday from Ultimate, but now I am a bit unhappy.  They charged me $385 for the extended warrenty (albeit still a good price for the warranty, but why charge me more!).  I am going to call them on Tuesday and see what they have to say.  Maybe I will get lucky and they will credit me the difference towards my 500-mile break-in service.

jlw1829 said:
Well I thought I was satisfied with my purchase yesterday from Ultimate, but now I am a bit unhappy.  They charged me $385 for the extended warrenty (albeit still a good price for the warranty, but why charge me more!).  I am going to call them on Tuesday and see what they have to say.  Maybe I will get lucky and they will credit me the difference towards my 500-mile break-in service.

I wouldn't bust balls too much, that's still almost half of what KHI would charge and a quarter of what some dealers ask.

jasonc32amg said:
jlw1829 said:

I wouldn't bust balls too much, that's still almost half of what KHI would charge and a quarter of what some dealers ask.

Yeah, my dealer was trying to give me a deal, and I still paid a little over $400!  :-[

Cap'n Bob said:
jasonc32amg said:
jlw1829 said:

Yeah, my dealer was trying to give me a deal, and I still paid a little over $400!  :-[

I know, but it just bugs me when dealers are not up front with what they charge.  Don't get me wrong, I am happy with the deal on my Connie, just a pet peeve of mine. 

Just looked at my account, $339 is all I was charged and just yesterday.  Sounds like a mistake on their part.  Reference me if you like.

SB
(Joe Barresi / Austin, TX)

jlw1829 said:
Cap'n Bob said:
jasonc32amg said:
jlw1829 said:

I know, but it just bugs me when dealers are not up front with what they charge.  Don't get me wrong, I am happy with the deal on my Connie, just a pet peeve of mine.

BEFORE you start busting Pete's Balls here in public, you had better make a telephone call to him....
I have records of over 100 people purchasing this plan from Ultimate thru the old forum, and brought this deal over here to share... I know Pete personally, and worked with him to get this deal. He would not knowingly change up on me without letting me know, I have to assume you did not talk to him, YOU need to call and go over it before bashing him publicly....please.

^-^
<--newly registered member but have been following the forum intermittently since I purchased my 2008 Connie, new.
Finally have some time to take her out on a real trip and need to renew the GTPP before it expires at the end of July. I understand that Florida plays by its own rules and I wanted to ask whether this renewal offer applies here. [In particular, the price & coverage].

I'm pre-planning a ride to NY and could drop-into an out-of-state dealership (to renew) but would prefer the option listed above.

Also, I'd appreciate suggestions for best (magnetic) tankbag and a good (soft) tailbag for the luggage rack. [I'm using a Cortech at the moment but would like to "double-up" the back bags for tripping.

Thanks, in advance, and I'll look forward to participating in the forum.

mako said:
^-^
<--newly registered member but have been following the forum intermittently since I purchased my 2008 Connie, new.
Finally have some time to take her out on a real trip and need to renew the GTPP before it expires at the end of July. I understand that Florida plays by its own rules and I wanted to ask whether this renewal offer applies here. [In particular, the price & coverage].

I'm pre-planning a ride to NY and could drop-into an out-of-state dealership (to renew) but would prefer the option listed above.

Also, I'd appreciate suggestions for best (magnetic) tankbag and a good (soft) tailbag for the luggage rack. [I'm using a Cortech at the moment but would like to "double-up" the back bags for tripping.

I like the Chase Harper 650 magnetic tank bag. It fits the bike better than just about every magnetic tank bag I've seen. I also use a Bags Connection rear seat bag on my bike. Here's a picture with both the Chase Harper 650 tank bag and Bags Connection rear seat bag on my bike.

mako said:
^-^

This offer is not available to us. However I purchased another three years through Sky Powersports in Lake Wales for $440 plus tax. That's still a better deal than going straight though KHI.

MAN OF BLUES said:
jlw1829 said:
Cap'n Bob said:
jasonc32amg said:
jlw1829 said:

BEFORE you start busting Pete's Balls here in public, you had better make a telephone call to him....
I have records of over 100 people purchasing this plan from Ultimate thru the old forum, and brought this deal over here to share... I know Pete personally, and worked with him to get this deal. He would not knowingly change up on me without letting me know, I have to assume you did not talk to him, YOU need to call and go over it before bashing him publicly....please.

Don't get me wrong, I am not bashing Ultimate, just was curious why he would not be up front with me during the sales.  Granted I worked with one of his salemen and not Pete directly, but I was told this was the deal that Pete was offering me.  I took the bike in yesterday for the 500-mile service and had a great experience.  Even on a last minute drop off, they were willing to get me in.  I asked my salesman to check with Pete and he said he would get back to me, as Pete was out yesterday.  I will update once I hear back.

Man of Blues, I am sending you a PM.  Thanks

p/m answered.
best of luck.

To everyone else,
Please deal directly with PETE, by e-mail, or better yet, by phone if you have questions.
Do not deal with anyone else there, on the extended warranty, untill we get the 'misunderstanding' here cleared up.

As requested, I am now ready to share my results regarding the extended warranty.  I spoke with Pete today and he stated there was nothing he would do for me.  He is only offering the deal if you come to him via email and follow "to the letter" the protocol listed, as this is an internet offer only for current owners of the bike.  He stated he would not offer the deal in his store due to overhead costs? 

Oh well, I am still happy with my bike and hopefully I never need the warranty but it is nice to know I have it just in case.  I am not posting this to warn people away from Ultimate Cycle, just be aware that you have to realize this is an internet forum only offer and you must follow instructions to the letter.  As it has been stated, many owners have benefited from this offer and I hope Pete continues to do the same in the future for others.  I am trying to remember the old adage, if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all...

That makes sense to me, as he did go out on a limb making the offer for ONLINE purchase for us. He did open it further to include a "safer" alternative for giving the credit card payment discretely over the phone after all the data has been forwarded to him. I can't say anything bad, as he is doing the "filing work" himself, and therefore CAN give a lessor price, than if he had to have an employee (on a payroll) do the work...
it was all outlined, and I did not realize initially that you went in the store to purchase this.

It's no different then the way Virginia has gone when you want to get license plates renewed these days, if you go into the bureau for purchase, you pay a higher price than you do when you purchase online.... I guess the "puter-age" is coming full circle.

SuperBee said:
Bought mine today...good for 6 now!  The dealer I bought my bike from wanted $899.  $339 was too good to pass by.  Great deal.  Thank you for posting this up.  Ride safe.

SB

You have to watch out for prices you pay for extended warrantys, protection packages and in house financing.
I was in car sales years ago and both the dealer and the salesman make more money on the add ins than on the sale of a new vehicle.
doubleing the price on warranty packages is common and adding 1% to the finance rate goes straight into the dealers pocket. As a salesman I could make more on the deal on the post sale stuff than the sale itself.
Don’t be shocked just don't let them nail ya.

Colinr3rd said:
Can i get this even though I am Stationed in Puerto Rico active duty? ???

IF you are giving a mailing address in the USA that is not in Florida, and the BIKE is in the USA, and was purchased in the USA, I can't see why not, but if you answer no to any of those I'd say you are out of luck.

ahstabyby said:
How long is this offer good with Pete?  Do you actually get a confirmation on the GTPP in hard copy?

Ahstabyby

i believe it is noted in post #1
yes, you will recieve a receipt, and formal GTPP documents showing term  in the mail within a week of completing the transaction with Pete.
He will be doing this as long as he can, has been doing it for us for about 2 years, and untill he gets tired of doing it he will continue.
He isn't making big profit on the sale so to speak, but it does place him higher on the Kaw list of "good dealers" within the company, which i believe is his motivation.

Recieved that tempting $627 for 3 years offer in the mail. Talked to Pete directly, followed the instructions online, got charged exactly $339 and am now holding my 3 year GTPP.
Thanks again. :)

Just so I'm clear: This is an extension of an additional three years to the three year factory warranty? Purchasing it will give you a six year warranty?

wally_games said:
Just so I'm clear: This is an extension of an additional three years to the three year factory warranty? Purchasing it will give you a six year warranty?
That is correct, it can be purchased any time prior to your factory 36 month expiring, but you need to know when it really will expire before you decide to wait till the last minute.
Also consider that kawasaki, and or any dealers selling the GTPP can raise the price at any time....best to get it before it goes up.

I just purchased my 08' with 922 miles on it in Las Vegas in May and paid way to much for an aftermarket warranty. Does anyone know of a different warranty company to use other than RPM One. I would like to take advantage of the factory extension, but i don't think the factory warranty was still in effect when I bought my unit. Is there someone trustworthy to contact to check into the factory warranty. Our dealers here in Tulsa Oklahoma don't even do all the proper warranty maintenance that is required under the warranty policy!! Can't trust them out here in this neck of the woods. Any info would be great!  :)

any reputable Kawasaki dealer can plug the vin into thier system and tell you purchase date to find out if the original warranty is expired. If it is not, you can still contact the dealership I noted in this post for the extension.  I suppose you could even call Pete (the number is in the first post) and even ask him....he's a friendly person, and if he was going to sell you an extension, he would check for you....

MAN OF BLUES said:
any reputable Kawasaki dealer can plug the vin into thier system and tell you purchase date to find out if the original warranty is expired. If it is not, you can still contact the dealership I noted in this post for the extension.  I suppose you could even call Pete (the number is in the first post) and even ask him....he's a friendly person, and if he was going to sell you an extension, he would check for you....

You can also plug the VIN in yourself via the Kawasaki website and get that information.

jasonc32amg said:
MAN OF BLUES said:

You can also plug the VIN in yourself via the Kawasaki website and get that information.

I didn't know that! I guess you do learn something new every day!  :)

Thanks MOB for setting this up. I emailed Pete on 6/23/11. got my receipt for $339, in the mail from Ultimate Cycle on 6/25, and documentation from Kawasaki on 7/5. Couldn't have been any easier.

While on the Kawasaki website, make sure you update the "new owner" info. You will have to provide them a copy of the bill of sale  or current state registration. They will accept it in snail mail,fax or scan and email.that way your name shows as the owner when you go to the dealer. Also updates thier system for customer mailings i.e. recalls.

Just picked up my 09 connie today....is this GTPP offer still good for us owners or did I miss the cutoff date?

YES
as far as i know, Pete is still on board with the deal...
go back to the start, and follow the instructions as they are noted.....you will get the covereage.
Just get all the info together, send it to him and follow up with a phone call to him to verify/and or make payment.

Yes, Pete is still onboard with the extended warranty's.  I purchased one from him some 7-9 days ago, and everything with through without a hitch.. Thanks MOB (and Pete) for making this happen.

Called the Dealer I bought my bike from in Fort Worth, Texas (Honda Kawasaki West) and asked if they would match this price and they said yes.  Also, they noted I could get a four year deal with the same coverage and road side assistance for around $450. The four year is an outside vender.  Just call your dealer and note that your a member of COG and let them know about this great deal. Mine did not think twice about matching.

katt-daddi said:
Called the Dealer I bought my bike from in Fort Worth, Texas (Honda Kawasaki West) and asked if they would match this price and they said yes.  Also, they noted I could get a four year deal with the same coverage and road side assistance for around $450. The four year is an outside vender.  Just call your dealer and note that your a member of COG and let them know about this great deal. Mine did not think twice about matching.

Extended warranty sales by third party companies is on the rise, i caution people about the thing you have brought up here, this supposed 4 year with added roadside assistance.... it may sound good, but tryig to get Kawasaki to honor it in the same way they honor thier specific and internal corporate extension may be a problem...you never know till you try to use it, and then....?
Did you actually purchase that program? if so, please share the details of it with us all here when you get the paperwork from them, the GTPP is the only plan Kawasaki offers, anything else is a gamble as to the extents of the coverage. GTPP on the C14 is only 36 months.
thanks for the heads up.

Sounds like a great deal on the 3 year extended warranty.  Just wondering if there's any dealer out there offering the same deal for us residents of Florida?

Thanks,
Dave

Went to "Honda Kawasaki West " in Fort Worth, TX and purchased my extended 3 year for $ 339.00.  No hassle at all. Ask for Cody and he will take care of you.

Thanks for the heads-up on this. I was able to get the same price for my GTPP at Kawasaki Sports Center in Little Rock AR. The owner was not too happy that I knew of the discounted price, and he told the salesman that his normal commission would not apply, but he sold me the plan. He also indicated that $55 is better than zero $, so- do the math. The plan evidently costs the dealer $284. I personally think that $55 is a reasonable profit for the dealer-they have no money invested in the product.

Thanks Rich for letting everyone know about this.  The original warranty on my 2009 was due to expire next April and Pete at Ultimate Cycle hooked me up as you stated.  ;)

Shame this is not available in the UK ... dealers wants £350 which comes in at $538  :mad:  - and that's only for 2 years extra!

911ZG guy said:
Thanks for the heads-up on this. I was able to get the same price for my GTPP at Kawasaki Sports Center in Little Rock AR. The owner was not too happy that I knew of the discounted price, and he told the salesman that his normal commission would not apply, but he sold me the plan. He also indicated that $55 is better than zero $, so- do the math. The plan evidently costs the dealer $284. I personally think that $55 is a reasonable profit for the dealer-they have no money invested in the product.

interesting, and I'm glad you got a good deal also.
I have spoken with Pete on the warrenty, and seeing as he is the dealership owner, he would not reveal the "actual cost to the dealer", which I had no problem with when he met the best price i could find online, and still continues to do so. As he is the direct contact for the issuance of the paperwork in the deal, he has no problem with selling them low, and it all boils down to "total monthly sales" relating to satifying Big K, so he does not "pay" an employee to do the paperwork for it... when it all boils down, it's a 10 minute procedure to fill out the application and take payment....probably equivalent to anyone ordering a part at the parts counter....and that doesn't require further employee participation because it's all sent to you in the mail in a couple days.

I asked my local dealer (good times motorsports Sacramento ) and they could not match the price, they told me
$339.00 was there cost. So I just put a call in to Pete.

goodquest said:
I asked my local dealer (good times motorsports Sacramento ) and they could not match the price, they told me
$339.00 was there cost. So I just put at call in to Pete.

I can respect a dealer for admitting that he has to make a profit, and that he cannot match the price, but this thread proves to me that the above mentioned dealer is being less than honest about pricing on the GTPP. (Re-read my earlier post on this thread for my evidence of the cost of the GTPP. I know, I know - it is anecdotal evidence to everyone else, but I did this deal myself, so I know what I heard from my dealer, and at $339, he said that he was making $55.

Yes, I read your post and knew the dealer was less than honest, If the dealer had been upfront and
And said I can’t do it for $339.00, but I can for $369.00, I would have paid the extra just to help
Out a local dealer.

Thanks for the information.

911ZG guy said:
.....The owner was not too happy that I knew of the discounted price, and he told the salesman that his normal commission would not apply, but he sold me the plan. He also indicated that $55 is better than zero $, so- do the math. The plan evidently costs the dealer $284.......

911ZG guy said:
goodquest said:
$339.00 was there cost. So I just put at call in to Pete.

I can respect a dealer for admitting that he has to make a profit, and that he cannot match the price, but this thread proves to me that the above mentioned dealer is being less than honest about pricing on the GTPP. (Re-read my earlier post on this thread for my evidence of the cost of the GTPP. I know, I know - it is anecdotal evidence to everyone else, but I did this deal myself, so I know what I heard from my dealer, and at $339, he said that he was making $55.

when I got Pete to commit to a $339 price for everyone that contacts him, he did not reveal any ACTUAL costs, and frankly I have no problem with that, I expect that NO dealer would, or should for that matter...it would only serve to besmirch the fact someone is selling low.
I would question his intent for telling a price on that basis, and even though he met the price, you are still dealing with the assumption of what he told you...unless he showed you his price book.
It's all good, don't get me wrong, the true mark we need to make clear here is "how many dealers will continue to sell the plan to anyone calling in (with exception of restricted states, Florida to be specific) , and hold true to his word for over 3 years without exception"...?
I have no problem with the price Pete holds true on, and do not care that he may be making a simple and small profit margin.... no matter what, his price holds true, and has for a long time, the sign of a dedicated and honest dealer.
thanks for sharing, :beerchug:

I told my dealer about this deal, and they literally got offended.  Seems they make a good deal off of the actually warranty sale, and they barely break even doing warranty repair work.  I think they were unhappy with another dealer selling them at 30 bucks over cost and his dealership not haveing to do the warranty work except for the ones sold in their area.

I like the guys at my local shop, and want them to do well, so I am torn on the issue.  They may not make much on the warranty work (which may never even happen), but they will (and do) get plenty out of me for accessories and maintence.  So it really shouldn't "hurt" them minus the $$$ they intended to make on the Warranty itself...

I thought I would pass on the deal for the extended warranty for $339.00 is still a go and it’s painless. I got in the mail today the paperwork from Kawasaki stating my Good Times Protection Plan expires 12/12/14. Thanks MOB and Pete for a good deal and the hard work to give us a little more time to warp those rotor’s. Just kidding, but still a heart felt thanks. 

So yes Front Runner, the deal is still on. Just follow MOB's instructions.  ;) By the way, it seems when ever I lead the group, I'm the front runner. heh, heh  :rotflmao:

Just wanted to pass this on,  my '08 factory warranty expired in 2010, prior owner bought a two year extended warranty that would have expired in July 2012.  I called Pete to see about purchasing just the third year of the extended warranty.  He let me know he could sell me a three year extension of the GTPP  for the quoted $339 price.  Got the paper work back from Kawasaki and now my '08 has factory warranty until July 2015. 

Spoke with Pete and ordered the 36 month GTPP. Received my paperwork two days ago. Now I've got warranty until December 2017!

Picked up my Concours14  a couple of days ago. It's an '08 and obviously is out of warranty. The dealership told me I could get a 2 year warranty thru Kawasaki for $680.00, then I came here and read about the possibility, even if the bike is no longer under factory warranty, of getting a three year GTPP for about the same amount, maybe a bit more. Got Pete's number and I'll give him a call on Monday to see if there's any truth to that. I hope it is...

So I extended my original warranty in this $339 deal.  Thanks!

That said, my 2008 was in for warranty work and a valve check this week and Kawi was offering to extend my GTPP warranty for 1 yr @$218, 2 yr @$265 or 3 yrs @$302.
Only applies to those already in the GTTP program.  The printout in the message section mentions a GTPP renewal program for existing members with the prices above @50% off 'retail'

Anyone ever seen this before?  My dealer hadn't seen it before but it's on the K-Dealer.com webpage they print up to check for messages, recall bulletins, warranty claim history, etc....  Gave me a copy of it and its clearly a dealer page to track info on your bike.  Unfortunately no key code on file for my bike which I bought used with 3k miles on it  :(

I am shocked that I could cover my bike for a total of 9 yrs for a total of $641 because I ride the snot out of it.  20k miles per year or more would make this a no brainer since the original GTPP program has more than paid for itself already (2 new rotors, TPMS, Valve cover gasket,etc...)

I opted for that when I bought my '09 as I plan on keeping since I don't like linked brakes so no new connie for me at this time.

I know it will come in handy for those TPMS that need to be replaced.  Even if I use it for them it will almost pay for itself

dbvolfan1 said:

That said, my 2008 was in for warranty work and a valve check this week and Kawi was offering to extend my GTPP warranty for 1 yr @$218, 2 yr @$265 or 3 yrs @$302.
Only applies to those already in the GTTP program.  The printout in the message section mentions a GTPP renewal program for existing members with the prices above @50% off 'retail'

Anyone ever seen this before?  My dealer hadn't seen it before but it's on the K-Dealer.com webpage they print up to check for messages, recall bulletins, warranty claim history, etc....  Gave me a copy of it and its clearly a dealer page to track info on your bike.  Unfortunately no key code on file for my bike which I bought used with 3k miles on it  :(

I am shocked that I could cover my bike for a total of 9 yrs for a total of $641 because I ride the snot out of it.  20k miles per year or more would make this a no brainer since the original GTPP program has more than paid for itself already (2 new rotors, TPMS, Valve cover gasket,etc...)

If this IS true, I will get with Pete, and see what he can do for us again.
I would gladly get another 3 year extension for a mere $300, but I have a feeling it will be a bust...
I sent you a p/m, please assist me by responding to it.
thanks in advance,

I am not sure if this deal is legit. According to Kawasaki, the dealership issuing the extended coverage must inspect the bike. This is a requirement as per Kawasaki. I don't want to offend anybody by my harsh comments, but I don't think is legal from a dealership, other than the one that can actually inspect the bike, to issue all these extended warranties. I know you guys like it because is very little money and everybody loves a good deal, but let me reiterate; I do not think is legal.  And if the moderators fret over somebody posting a link for a shop manual in pdf format they should take a hard look at this topic as well. Have you guys gone to your local Kawasaki dealership and inquire about this? Chances are you bought your bike locally, some of you from the dealership, and they need your business just as much as some dealership hundreds or thousands of miles away that has absolutely nothing to do with your buying experience. Just a thought...

Gary, trust me, I do understand where you're coming from. With just a few exceptions I bought my bikes from dealerships, and like you I value my local motorcycle businesses. When I bought the C14, which was about a month ago, I chose to get an extended GTTP warranty. I got a three years deal for a little bit over eight hundred dollars. I am ok with it since I know that Ultimate Cycle is breaking the rules set by Kawasaki Co., plus I've been having this great relationship with the people at the dealership who wouldn't hesitate for a second to bend backwards, if necessary, in order to accommodate  me. They already have! I can't put a price on that. They more than make up for the difference in price. I believe I did the right thing.

Can someone confirm or deny if this program is legal within the Kawasaki system?

Has anyone had any issues attempting to use the warranty?

EnsoniqDude said:
Can someone confirm or deny if this program is legal within the Kawasaki system?

Has anyone had any issues attempting to use the warranty?

"Pre-Owned GTPP is available on certain street motorcycles and ATVs with specific mileage and time limitations. Check with your dealer to find out if the vehicle you want qualifies for Pre-Owned GTPP. A warranty inspection is required as well. You can only buy Pre-Owned GTPP at the time you buy the qualified and inspected motorcycle or ATV."

What I was referring to was GTTP purchased after the factory warranty had expired. If let's say I buy a Kawasaki motorcycle from an authorized Kawasaki dealer and the bike is out of the factory warranty I can still purchase an extended warranty,  but the bike needs to be inspected by the selling Kawasaki authorized dealership  to see if it qualifies. In this case you can't have a dealership from Montana selling you a pre-owned GTTC when you live in Georgia. That would break the rules set by the Kawasaki Co. 

JUst took my 08 to my local dealer to get an oil leak looked at and to check out their price for the extended warranty as my original expires in April. They shot me a price of around $650 for 3 years, I mentioned the $339 deal here, told them I would rather pay them for the warranty as they would be the dealership I will be using, and I like trying to keep things somewhat in my own community. The sales manager did a little "looking" (who knows), but within 2-3 minutes was more than happy to give me the same deal.
As the dealer that guys go thru on here to get this deal has surely helped many riders get this warranty, I have to believe that if you have any kind of relationship at all with your local dealer, that they would be more than happy to match the price and keep you coming in their door.
So great to have all of this info at our fingers and a community willing to share it. I hope everyone is having as great an experience with their bike as I am mine.

CalBoy said:
Gary, trust me, I do understand where you're coming from. With just a few exceptions I bought my bikes from dealerships, and like you I value my local motorcycle businesses. When I bought the C14, which was about a month ago, I chose to get an extended GTTP warranty. I got a three years deal for a little bit over eight hundred dollars. I am ok with it since I know that Ultimate Cycle is breaking the rules set by Kawasaki Co., plus I've been having this great relationship with the people at the dealership who wouldn't hesitate for a second to bend backwards, if necessary, in order to accommodate  me. They already have! I can't put a price on that. They more than make up for the difference in price. I believe I did the right thing.

DUDE
Please step back and listen for a second, I know you don't know me from Batman, but I have to say you know very little about the bike, and the Kawasaki support network...I do.
I Posted / Started this thread, and followed it up from the beginning. Please do not tell people Pete is doing something "not legit" from Virginia, all over the U.S.A. (exception of Fla.)
You are completely out of line, and bordering on laying down a Libel suite for yourself there with those words.Any bonifide dealer of Kawasaki product, as a representative of Kawasaki Corporation, can sell the GTPP.
Pete, and Ultimate Cycle, his business, are High ranking Black belt dealer folks.  As far as your opinions, you are welcome to "express" them, and you are also welcome to spend $800 any way you please.....(insert PT Barnam quote..) you actually go "served" by the trusted dealer you got this from....you paid $200 more than KAWASAKI wants for the GTPP (I assume you didn't get the paperwork from Kaw, extending THIER price....) :-[
Now, with regard to purchasing an extension for a second or third party sale of the bike, if the original 36 month factory warrantee HAS NOT expired, there is no reason you would have to take the bike in for an inspection. We have numerous people here that have attached the GTPP, purchased from Pete, to a bike they bought used, within the first 36 months.
As for purchasing a GTPP after the 36 month original paper expires, this is the only time "inspection" may come into play, and specifically for the benefit dealerships that may have taken a bike in on a trade, and it may have sat and expired. You cannot go in with an expired original warrantee, and get an extension, inspection or not...ain't a happenin', sorry.

As of right now, I know of no documented way, that a second 36 month extension can be gotten, and am awaiting response from my inside connections at Kawasaki, and also from Pete.

Ride safe.

Man of Blues,  I seriously doubt you've read every post in the thread you had started, because if you had, you wouldn't have written the last post. At least not in the way you went about it.
You should have  shown some restraint in passing out judgement on how little or how much I know about the bike or the Kawasaki Support Network, since I don't know you from Batman and you don't know me from Joker. I liked your "tact" and  "precision" in making sure I was going to get your point no matter what. You should change your name to Sherlock and help the Kawasaki police force catch and prosecute Calboy, a well known character of the Underworld and a repeat offender. Do me a favor and go over what I've written in "the thread you have started", for as many times as it may be necessary for you to get a grasp on things before addressing me with "DUDE" and making unfounded threats. They don't make you popular and they don't scare me either.  Go over my next to last post and read it carefully. And no, please do not reply to this message. I feel like I'm hijacking "your thread".

Another satisfied customer. Arranged for the 3 year extended warranty with a call to Pete at Ultimate. Emailed my moto datails and called with card info on 1/28/2012---received in USPS earlier this week Kawasaki GTPP confirmation letter dated 1/30/2012. Total cost - $339.  Would have posted this earlier but just got back in from 2 wks of vaca. So GHOST now has an addl 3 yr warranty to 5/28/2015.  Woo hooo. Thanks MOB for your posting this info. Hope to meet you one day, shake your hand and buy you a cold beverage. 

And like others I did check with my local dealer who was unwilling / unable to match the price.
Bill

I personally don't give much credence to all this talk about what's "legal" or not.  This isn't a government regulation.  GTPP is a product sold by Kawasaki - plain and simple.  As long as I get it in writing from Kawasaki, it's a done deal.  I doubt Kawasaki USA cares who sold it for them, either.

Judging by how eagerly my dealer was pushing it at the time I bought my pre-owned '09 C14, it must be a big money maker for the dealers.  I like my local dealer, from whom I've bought 2 bikes in the last 4months, and probably another pretty soon here.  But when they quoted me $750 for the extended warranty and made it sound like a great deal, I am not so inclined to bend over.  They will get reimbursed by Kawasaki for any warranty work I bring to them, regardless of where I bought the GTPP.

My dealer also told me I can buy the extended warranty anytime before the original warranty expires.  I asked them if I need to bring in the bike for inspection if and when I do purchase it, they said no.

I like rewarding a seller that gives me a straight up honest low price, rather than somebody that tries hard to "make love" to me but might match the low price if I can prove another seller's low price.

When I get near the end of the original 3 year warranty, I'll extend it another 3 years. If this deal is still available I'll use it.

What is more important to me is keeping my maintenance contract going, because when you factor in the cost of the contract, you end up saving 50% on all your scheduled services, which is worth doing. But its pretty pricey up front. My dealer just today set me up with an Accounts Receivable (A/R) account so I can make 3 monthly payments (no interest, no collateral) and make it less painful. Over the next 25,000 miles give or take a thousand that will add up to a ton of money saved.

I didn't buy the extended warranty on my bike (the original owner did), but I do have the receipt and a copy of the original.  He paid $285!  I wouldn't have passed that up,....  Castle Powersports outside Nashville, TN.

The warranty on my 2008 expires the first part of March so thought I should take some action for a extended GTPP. Called the dealer where I purchased the bike and have the service I do not do myself performed to see what they could do. Said the best they could do and make some money was $420.00 and that was after checking on the price through Ultimate Cycle to make sure it was a valid offer. While I do not mind them making a profit I thought that they already have made the money from the bike sale and what work I have done at there shop so how much more do they need to make off me. Sent the email to Pete and then called with my CC info so it is a done deal. Thanks to Man of Blues and Pete for this deal!

MAN OF BLUES said:
dbvolfan1 said:

If this IS true, I will get with Pete, and see what he can do for us again.
I would gladly get another 3 year extension for a mere $300, but I have a feeling it will be a bust...
I sent you a p/m, please assist me by responding to it.
thanks in advance,

It is legit! My dealer however wanted to claim that the $300 was cost so they said they would sell it to me for $450.
I contacted Pete and he sold it to me for $339.
My 2008 is now covered until 2017!!!!!!  Got the official paperwork from Kawasaki a few days ago!!! 

I repeat.  Mine is an '08.  I purchased the extension from Pete (thanks to this thread/forum) to extend it to 2014.  I have now extended it to 2017 through Pete for another $339

You cannot beat that!  9 years of factory coverage for $678.  And I put 15k-20k miles on my bike per tyear.

Attached are both letters received by Kawi after purchasing the 2nd 3 yr-extension.
BTW, my local Kawi dealer originally did not think this was possible but he called Kawi and spoke to them and was surprised to find out it could be extended another 3 years.  Problem was, he wanted $450 and Pete was willing to do it for less.
Before someone slams me for not supporting the local dealership, I have spent $2k on tires and service there over the years in addition to buying a bike.

GTPP.jpg

GTPP001.jpg

I'll be giving Pete another call shortly..... :-\
and giving him another $339 also.....

hopefully stretching out to 2017.... cause I have NO plans on selling this bike yet.... :rotflmao: :motonoises:

anthony - Sacramento said:
is that warranty transferable if the bike is sold with it ??? that would really help hold the value
both the factory warranty, and the 36 mo extended GTPP are transferable with the sale of the bike.

I didn't see this covered already in the thread, but it seems you can't get this warranty on a demo bike.  I just bought a 2010 Connie and was planning on buying the GTPP warranty, but it appears this has to be purchased before the factory warranty expires.  Kawi negates/cancels the factory warranty on their demo bikes when they're sold. 

I saw a blurb about certain pre-owned vehicles might be eligible for this warranty, but it refers you to the dealer.  I've contacted them and am waiting to see if they can honor it or not.

wipfel said:
  Kawi negates/cancels the factory warranty on their demo bikes when they're sold. 

Really?..that can't be correct, I can't see how they would ever get rid of demos except at a huge loss.
From the demo prices I recall seeing when I was shopping, they may have been taking a loss, but not a HUGE loss.
Sumthin seems amiss here.

fartymarty said:
wipfel said:
  Kawi negates/cancels the factory warranty on their demo bikes when they're sold. 

Really?..that can't be correct, I can't see how they would ever get rid of demos except at a huge loss.
From the demo prices I recall seeing when I was shopping, they may have been taking a loss, but not a HUGE loss.
Sumthin seems amiss here.

It took me by surprise as well.  The guy at the dealership told me Honda does it too.  He said he could put a 24-month Kawi warranty on the bike for about $820, but I told him I'd shop around.  He couldn't tell me why Kawi does what it does, but was very sure that was the case.

**EDIT** I called Kawi customer service to verify the details.  Nate @ CS told me the bike was auctioned to the dealer from Kawi and confirmed it does not have any manufacturer's warranty.  He did say, though, that I could add the GTPP warranty for up to 36 months if I wanted.  Now I just have to get the dealer to agree to the $339 price or go shopping with the dealership listed on this thread.

wipfel said:
  Nate @ CS told me the bike was auctioned to the dealer from Kawi and confirmed it does not have any manufacturer's warranty. 

OK, sorry if I'm  :deadhorse:  but did it seem (your impression from CS) like this was the standard operating procedure with all Kawasaki demos or did you call
Nate with the VIN# and perhaps this was a special deal with this one bike.

Makes me double glad I passed on the 2 demo deals I was offered, and refused to sign the paper work for mine until I saw the actual bike and the ODO.

So what if you're still on your original 3 year warranty and haven't purchased a 3 year extension yet, can you just buy 2 extensions at the same time for a 6 year extension? Or do they need to be purchased separately at different times??

fartymarty said:
wipfel said:
  Nate @ CS told me the bike was auctioned to the dealer from Kawi and confirmed it does not have any manufacturer's warranty. 

OK, sorry if I'm  :deadhorse:  but did it seem (your impression from CS) like this was the standard operating procedure with all Kawasaki demos or did you call
Nate with the VIN# and perhaps this was a special deal with this one bike.

Makes me double glad I passed on the 2 demo deals I was offered, and refused to sign the paper work for mine until I saw the actual bike and the ODO.

From what the dealer said and from what Nate implied, this is standard practice.  They did confirm they can add the GTPP warranty, and I'm asking them to match the $339.  We'll see where they end up.

ZG said:
So what if you're still on your original 3 year warranty and haven't purchased a 3 year extension yet, can you just buy 2 extensions at the same time for a 6 year extension? Or do they need to be purchased separately at different times??

Anyone know the answer to my question?

Bueller Bueller Bueller

ZG said:
ZG said:

Anyone know the answer to my question?

Bueller Bueller Bueller

TUCK the tail in and hang on.....don't be so darned silly....(I wouldn't ask to do both at the same time figuring it would cause a hu-bub.... :-X )

I put a call in to Pete, and am awaiting his callback.
I still would buy the first GTPP.....and wait and buy the "second-if-really-available" one later.... :motonoises: ::)

I will be on the phone with Kawasaki tomorrow if this turns out to be true.  That would great to have warranty coverage until 2017!

Jeremy said:
I will be on the phone with Kawasaki tomorrow if this turns out to be true.  That would great to have warranty coverage until 2017!

Well if it ain't true than Pete, my local Kawi dealer, the guy my local Kawi dealer spoke to at corporate, the computer program that kicked out my letter showing my coverage extended through 2017 and the K-Dealer.com system that shows my coverage through 2017 are all a pipe dream.....oh, and someone owes me $339 because that too showed up on my VISA statement.

Don't know why it's so difficult to verify.  I emailed Pete and got a response the same day.  Likewise, my dealer verified it with one call.  Go to your local dealer and ask them to print out the K-Dealer.com sheet for your bike like you are bringing it in for service....it will show up in the middle section starting with a bunch of ******
One caveat....mine did say it was a limited time offer and that was in mid- January per my original post. It was listed as 50% off for a limited time.

Heck, I just went into the kawasaki.com website and typed in my VIN for kicks and giggles....confirms 3/15/17

2008 - CONCOURS 14 ABS

Warranty Status                                                                             
Vin: JKBZGNA13********
Your warranty expired on 03/15/2011.
Your Good Times Protection Plan expires on 03/15/2017.
No outstanding recalls for this unit.

IT'S TRUE!!!!!!!!!  :-\

just got off the phone with the man..... :) :) :)

I will add, In conversation today, Pete has specifically told me that IF you bought the bike NEW, and are THE ORIGINAL OWNER who ALREADY HAS a GTPP in effect, HE CAN and WILL be able to add additional time for the additional costs, another 36 months, but I think it is a few bucks more....still cheap.!!!!!

jump on it folks, get'em while they're hot!!!

Damn, just what I need at 80 years old,6 more years on my insurance!I just purchased 3 years and my wife is still laughing.

Is Pete still offering this GTPP? I sent in an email of the requested information minus payment info (rather do over the phone) and still have not got a response.  I called and left a message but haven't heard from anyone.  I sure hope I'm not to late on this deal.  I'm hoping he's just on vacation or out.  Any input would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Mike

Mike said:
Is Pete still offering this GTPP? I sent in an email of the requested information minus payment info (rather do over the phone) and still have not got a response.  I called and left a message but haven't heard from anyone.  I sure hope I'm not to late on this deal.  I'm hoping he's just on vacation or out.  Any input would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Mike

YES.....
you called him on Monday.
They are not open on MONDAY.
call him back.

if you scroll back, and read this thread  #1, you will see it was just amended to tell folks it's all still good.