• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

H2 SX SE

Well before the year of covid I put 28,000 miles on it in 2 years. I barely managed 3000 this past year. I love my H2.

I am coming from 2 C14's. I owned a 2012 that I traded in with 48,000 miles for a 2015 C14. I traded that in 18 months later with 21,000 miles on it. Sop I do a fair amount of riding. About 70% of it commuting 25 miles each way.

It is smaller and does not have as much 2 up capability unless it's a small pair of people. I would need a 50 LB passenger not to exceed the max payload. I don't ride 2 up much at all anyway.

It is wicked fast. I have stock headers, decat pipe, spirit air filter and slip on. That cost me less than $1000 for a gain of 50 HP. When I had my C14 it cost me twice that for maybe a 10 - 15 HP gain. The H2 is definitely more SPORT than touring.

Riding position is fine for me. Then again my stock C14 setup was fine too. No need for bar risers or anything. I'm 6'2" with 35/37" arms. I'm very comfy. I rode to the Dragon last year from NY.

Cruise Control.... I was one of those, "Oh I don't need CC!!!!" people. Yeah I was wrong. Even my son on his very comfortable 2015 Versys 1000 was jealous on the ride down to the dragon. I was kicked back with the cruise set while he never got comfortable. Even riding to work it's super easy to get a little heavy on this throttle. I set the cruise for 70 and don't worry about being pulled over.

I really don't have many dislikes. I did have an issue with the rear wheel bearing that was covered under warranty. I also had 2 factory recalls. 1 for the center stand. Needed a new bolt or something. The 2nd is for an ECU reflash. There is a chance of the transmission locking up when at high revs between 4th and 5th. Slight issue for me as I have an ECU reflash. The company that did the original flash is offering a reflash after the warranty flash for free. I just have to pay for shipping. This way it's listed as being warranty repaired with Kawasaki and the reflash will include the fix + all the other tweaks for performance. This is a 1st year the bike was made so there are bound to be minor issues.

The headlight sucks. I think it's more form than function. I did have driving lights mounted the first year and they died in about a year. Before this spring I'll get another set mounted.

Maintenance... Yes it has a chain.... I'm ok with that. I know how to maintain a chain and it's a small price to pay for all the performance. Not a dislike just an is what it is.

Wind and rain protection. Yeah the C14 is much better in the rain. My Stock C14 windshield was great. This one I have an aftermarket larger windshield and it's tiny. It does keep some of the air off me but nothing like the C14. It is rock solid in the rain though. I think even more sure footed than my C14 was. the ABS and Traction Control is much more advanced on the H2. It's good on the C14 but great on the H2.

Any questions feel free to ask.

I have read 2 reviews that talk about how much fun it is, and so therefore the fuel economy sux. What have you seen for tank range cruising versus playing? This bike really turns my crank, but I find my 15 year old ZX-10 still checks many of the boxes at only 170 HP but weighs 420 ish. I can get 150 to 170 miles before really needing to find a station and that is when riding sprited. Thanks!

I have read 2 reviews that talk about how much fun it is, and so therefore the fuel economy sux. What have you seen for tank range cruising versus playing? This bike really turns my crank, but I find my 15 year old ZX-10 still checks many of the boxes at only 170 HP but weighs 420 ish. I can get 150 to 170 miles before really needing to find a station and that is when riding sprited. Thanks!
I'm the last person to ask about mileage. I got awful mileage on both of my C14's. Maybe 31MPG and I get the same on my H2. I have a heavy wrist regardless of what I ride. Even on the long rides slabbing it I only got about 33MPG on both 14's and H2.

Life's too short to have a titanium wrist, right? Lead all the way baby. I guess it can't be worse than my son's old TL1000s, wen he tried to keep up he was lucky to get 90 miles to the fuel warning light. Thanks.

Life's too short to have a titanium wrist, right? Lead all the way baby. I guess it can't be worse than my son's old TL1000s, wen he tried to keep up he was lucky to get 90 miles to the fuel warning light. Thanks.
I would be stopping around 120 - 140 miles on a tank.