• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Hand-Made Quilt for Sale - OtP 2018 Fundraiser

Jorge

A "Lap Quilt" (56" x 72") is being sold to raise funds for OtP. The quilt was machine-pieced, and machine-quilted, by Irene (Funsize). She designed, cut, and made the quilt, and it's being offered to benefit OtP. The quilt is Motorcycle/Cowboy themed (VERY appropriate for this year's National). It is very hard to place a value on this quilt, but it's not cheap.

Here are the rules/guidelines for the auction
- Auction starts now, ends at 4 PM on Thursday June 14th - this is the Thursday of the National.
- Announcement of the Winning bidder will part of agenda Thursday evening; winning bidder does not have to be at the National.
- Auction will be announced on the COG Facebook page. The link to the auction thread will be posted there.
- Bids will be accepted on the COG Forum; if someone not on the forum wants to bid, they can contact me for arrangements. I will be able to proxy bid for them for the amount they bid; the top bidder's name will be included on my post on the forum.
- Quilt will be on display at Rally Central, along with instructions for bidding. There will be a box with cards they can fill out, and I will "proxy bid" for them based on info submitted on the card.
- Payment can be made by going to the "Over the Pond 2017" fundraising page, or by check made out to COG.
- Winner can take it with them, or they can have it shipped to their house - domestic shipping with insurance will be provided at no extra charge.

LET THE BIDDING BEGIN - BID HIGH, BID OFTEN!!

Attachments

• IMG_20180518_095031 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_20180518_095031 - Copy.jpg
    278.4 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_20180518_095046 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_20180518_095046 - Copy.jpg
    270.2 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_20180518_095058 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_20180518_095058 - Copy.jpg
    269.6 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_20180518_095108 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_20180518_095108 - Copy.jpg
    269.2 KB · Views: 134
120. I want it, I need it, I will own it. I've saved all my beer cans so those that know this is a auction you cannot win  ;)

Your efforts are futile Sir! 175. I just stripped the copper from my neighbors AC.  :) :beerchug:

:truce:  but I'm still the better dancer.....  :nananana: :rotflmao: :D ;D

Hey Ted!!!!!!!
We need a little help over here, as Mark's just out on my S.E. reach.  :38:
Mark's about to steal this with only a bid of $175.00!!!!!
Are you going to let that S.W. Guy get away with this?

:pokestick: No "true" Texan would.....

I know how much work goes into these, and my wife's new long arm machine would have bought a purdy nice murdercycle. Her most recent quilt went for 500 at  the Jazz Choir Auction 2 nights ago....come folks, pony up!

Update... As of 8:13 PM Texas time, high bid at National is Craig Green (COG# 5063) at $275.

Update...
Bidding went high!!
Quilt was wondering by Mark Hartman for $490.
Congratulations Mark, enjoy it on those freezing cold Nevada nights... well, maybe those cool nights!