• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Hand-Made Quilt for Sale - OtP Fundraiser

Jorge

A Queen-sized quilt is being sold to raise funds for OtP. The quilt was machine-pieced, and machine-quilted, by Irene (Funsize). She designed, cut, and made the quilt, and it's being offered to benefit the OtP guys.
Very hard to place a value on this quilt, but it's not cheap.

Here are the rules/guidelines for the auction
- Auction starts now, ends at 4 PM on Thursday June 15th - this is the Thursday of the National.
- Announcement of the Winning bidder will part of agenda Thursday evening; winning bidder does not have to be at the National.
- Auction will be announced on the COG Facebook page. The link to the auction thread will be posted there.
- Bids will be accepted on the COG Forum; if someone not on the forum wants to bid, they can contact me for arrangements. I will be able to proxy bid for them for the amount they bid; the top bidder's name will be included on my post on the forum.
- Quilt will be on display at Rally Central, along with instructions for bidding. There will be a box with cards they can fill out, and I will "proxy bid" for them based on info submitted on the card.
- Payment can be made by going to the "Over the Pond 2017" fundraising page, or by check made out to COG.
- Winner can take it with them, or they can have it shipped to their house - domestic shipping with insurance will be provided at no extra charge.

LET THE BIDDING BEGIN - BID HIGH, BID OFTEN!!

Attachments

• DSJ_0008 - Copy.JPG
    DSJ_0008 - Copy.JPG
    279.6 KB · Views: 118
  • DSJ_0004.JPG
    DSJ_0004.JPG
    291.6 KB · Views: 113
  • DSJ_0003 - Copy.JPG
    DSJ_0003 - Copy.JPG
    325.8 KB · Views: 117
Nice. Nope, not cheap. You see them up here in the mountains priced in the hundreds if not thousands of dollars. NICE work Irene!

Comon ladies... You know you we ant this. Guys, you will do your SOs a disservice if you don't show this to them, they NEED to see it.
Besides, funds are for our guys!

OK... As of now, the quilt is on display in the registration room for the National. Anyone interested can submit bids by using the forms provided.
Stop by the table and take a look in person. It looks better in person than in the photos.
Thanks!!!

are you going to post further bids here for those of us who aren't at the rally?  I want an opportunity to run up the price more!

Yes.
The quilt is on display in the registration room. There is a box and forms for anyone who wants to submit a bid at the rally.
We are checking the box and so far there have not been any bids submitted here.
If anyone submits a bid, I will post it here.
Dave, is this what you are asking?

Another bid at the rally...

Belinda Curtis (COG 7402A):
$300 submitted June 14 at 7:40 PM.

OK....
  Auction is over, and the winner is.....  Haha... It will be announced at the banquet.
Stay tuned!

Oops..
forgot to come back and post after the banquet.
Thank you to Belinda for such a generous donation to OtP!!!!
And congrats on a really nice quilt.