• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Handle Bar Risers for a 2016 Concours 14

slick56

Was very interested in the ATS risers, but have seen nothing but horrible feedback. Does anyone have experience with Heli risers. Any other companies you may feel ok with recommending. I live in Western Canada. Thanks.

Slick56

I gambled , in the last two weeks I received my setback risers and peg lowering kits, proceed at your own risk, I like the products ,wish someone else made them!

Slick said:
Was very interested in the ATS risers, but have seen nothing but horrible feedback. Does anyone have experience with Heli risers. Any other companies you may feel ok with recommending. I live in Western Canada. Thanks.

Slick56

If you are talking about the 2” risers , I had them on my first 16 and they helped!

Slick said:

Slick56

Installed the Heli risers last fall - beautifully machined and a perfect fit.  One of the best mods I’ve done!

If your interested in going a step further than risers I've got a set of "Phils Pharkles" bar extenders.  They helped a great deal but I didn't like the look so I went with PE adjustable bars.  They are adjustable in 6 degree increments.  These extenders are no longer made as Phil says they cost too much to make and there was no profit.  Really great machining.  Very well made and I had no issue with them. 

Phils risers are great. I have the 4" version. For the money, they are a deal.

I’m 6’5” and live in Manitoba.  I installed the 2” pullback risers from Adventure Sport Touring on my 2016 C14 and have not had a problem with them at all.  Shipping all the way from Florida was surprisingly quick.  I bought a few things from them and would recommend them to any (especially taller) Connie rider!

Hi RWS,

Thanks for the information. What is the cost with the exchange and shipping if you don't mind sharing.
I live in Calgary.

Slick

I picked mine up on clearance in summer 2016 and paid $120 (USD) for a pair with a slight “imperfection” in the black powder coating, so their current sale of $115 for a brand new pair is actually a pretty good deal!  I paid $30 for shipping, but I don’t remember what (if any) I paid for duty costs.  Our dollar isn’t that great at the moment, so you’re not gonna a get very good exchange rate, but good luck finding anything similar up here 😝

RWS....would you havecontact info for where you got your riser setup.....I’m not familiar with them. By the way...I’m another Winnipegger....
Dave

Thanks RWS. Got my C14 modded nicely but still need to do something about raising the bars. Put the wedges in a couple years back but would like to raise them. Also need to do something about he windshield....
Either that or maybe think about a new machine.....the new wing looks really interesting as does the newest gen of the k1600gt.......

If you’re looking to get into a luxury tourer, those are probably the two to choose from!  I’d personally go for the Goldwing.

As far as a windscreen for the C14 goes, I picked mine up from Cee Bailey who have unfortunately gotten out of the motorcycle windscreen business :(. I’m sure there’s some good threads on this forum on the topic though!  If your C14 is a new model with the air vent and you pick up a ventless screen, I recommend picking up the windscreen mounting hardware for a 2014 C14 (the last C14 without a vent) - it’s a much cleaner install.

I’d be leaning towards the wing too. Compared to the BMW I think the wing would be more reliable based among other things the available extended wing warranty from Honda Canada of 84 months, unlimited km/miles for under $2k vs that from BMW....No extended warranty after the included new warranty of 36 months. Lots of $$$...for a new top end bike. That said we know the C14 is a solid, reliable, for the most part bullet proof bike. I put cruise on mine (2012) and that makes it very nice.

Dave_Wilton said:
Thanks RWS. Got my C14 modded nicely but still need to do something about raising the bars. Put the wedges in a couple years back but would like to raise them. Also need to do something about he windshield....
Either that or maybe think about a new machine.....the new wing looks really interesting as does the newest gen of the k1600gt.......
If you are looking for a new windscreen, I posted a review of the Puig touring windscreen a couple months ago.  Here's the link to that thread:
http://forum.cog-online.org/accessories-c14/puig-touring-windscreen-72630/

Dave_Wilton said:

I have had both the 2” riser and the pull back riser on my 16, the pull backs are best!

Resurrection, couldn't find a thread that answered my riser questions. On a recent trip, my middle back and hands were killing me, so i'm trying to assess 1. What is my current set up and 2. What is the best option to bring the bars up and or back toward me a bit. I have an 09, bought used so maybe the bars are in the stock position but i have no way of knowing. Anyone have a picture of the stock 08-09 bar mounts? Thanks.

heavy, ur better off starting a new thread.  The stock bar positions are the same as all.models.  the big difference between the 1st gen c14 ('08+'09) and 2nd gen 2010-2014, is the body work.

Heavy, check out the pictures from the 2012 ram mount thread.  No risers o. That bike and its a 08 or 09... u have to look hard past his gps cuz its blocking the view a bit.....

Hope that helps. 

I.have 2.inch risers on with ast's rear position plate and wedges.  Its way better than stock but not the cats meow like a set of heli bars...

When I was experimenting with taller/closer extenders I learned one thing.. The more upright I sat the more I hated the stock seat! If you aren’t pressing forward on the bars, your butt will slide forward. If you sit upright you will need a flat seat.

well the guy who resurrected this thread hasnt responded to any of our suggestions or input.....

Heavy, u asked for help, the very least u could do is chime in and acknowledge the input....

Ive read all i can find but i'm still unsure if i already have risers or not, can't find any up close pictures of stock bar mounts.

HeavyRotation said:
Ive read all i can find but i'm still unsure if i already have risers or not, can't find any up close pictures of stock bar mounts.

Ok here's a setup of my stock setup. Ignore the wires as I was doing maintenance for most everything including valves. Hopefully my browser or this forum system doesn't make it appear smaller.

The way you can tell if you have stock bars without risers is the 3 holes that are attached will be flush with the stem. On my setup you will also see the GPS mount attached on top of the 3 holes of the bars which are then attached to the stem.

Attachments

• stock bars and stem.JPG
    stock bars and stem.JPG
    297.4 KB · Views: 125
Heavy, i have a suggestion.  Go to youtube and search for ast install videos.  Ast is Advanced Sport touring, and ryan has developed a bunch of products for the c14 including risers.  He has a video that covers the install.  That should give you a really good before and aftr of no risers to risers application

Attachments

• 20200501_151842.jpg
    20200501_151842.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 116
  • 20200501_151744.jpg
    20200501_151744.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 117
Hello all, been reading a lot on this forum. Just picked up a VERY nice 08 from a gentleman who pampered and kept this machine like showroom condition. I'm not new to bikes but this is my first sport touring. I love the power and handling of this machine but I do want to make it more comfortable for me and her on the longer hauls. It has the 2" risers already installed, and looking at AST's site, the offer the pull back risers and also the pull back plate or adapter to add to already installed risers. Trying to get myself more upright. The AST riser/pullback says pull back of 2", but the adapter says pullback of 1", so my question is should I just get the new pullback risers since it will offer more pullback, or will the adapter do the same when added to my 2" risers? Second question (at this time lol) since mine is an 08 and they say that they won't work with 08-09 due to the glove box, anyone had experience with this? If I can open the glove box just enough for key fob, that's good enough for me, or not even worry about that glove box. To me, comfort over some minor convenience is better. Thanks for any imput on this.   

I think the plate will be fine on top of the risers.
ie; The pullback plate alone would hit the Glove box. The risers raise the plate.

I also think the plate (on top of the risers) will give you the same (or more) amount of set back.

Ride safe, Ted

Got the pullback riser adapters from AST and installed today, they do touch the glove box when turning sharp like in garage or parking lot tight turns, I think I can get by with that. I was able to install the clutch block onto the adapter, but the front brake line is pretty tight and nowhere near the mounting holes for block. Anyone else run into this? I have the 2" risers with riser adapters. Thanks for any insight. 

A note comes with his Pullback/risers to unclip a brake line clamp on the sides of the fork tubes.\
Look and see if that clip is released. If it is, gives you the slack you need.
If not, someone should have the instructions.

Ride safe, Ted