• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Handlebar question

dstacy5

Hello, I am sure that this has been covered somewhere, but in my search I am not able to locate it. I am going to put Murph's handlebar adapters on and was wondering what handlebar has anyone else used. I would like to sit a little more straight up to take some of the pressure off my upper back. Just trying to get a more comfortable riding position. Any suggestions would appreciated. Adding a little background, recently purchased a 02 Concours with 38K miles. It already has the highway pegs and lowered footpegs.

Thanks,
Dex

Hello, I am sure that this has been covered somewhere, but in my search I am not able to locate it. I am going to put Murph's handlebar adapters on and was wondering what handlebar has anyone else used. I would like to sit a little more straight up to take some of the pressure off my upper back. Just trying to get a more comfortable riding position. Any suggestions would appreciated. Adding a little background, recently purchased a 02 Concours with 38K miles. It already has the highway pegs and lowered footpegs.

Thanks,
Dex
You could email Murphs and ask for advice . They can provide the longer cables you may need depending on the bars you choose (I believe Murphs has bars also ) I went with superbike bend bars and was able to use standard cables . I prefer a slight forward lean and these bars give a more comfortable hand wrist position .

Thanks,
Dex
I like the Kawasaki LTD bars.
But it depends on your starting point. I.E. the handle bar adaptor
I suggest you get a friend to help you take some measurements, There are 3 to consider - rise, pull back and width -
Measure from the Murphs adaptor after it's installed of course
My adaptor is homemade, so it's no where close to the Murphs mount point, I wound up using the bars off an old KZ900.
An inch wider than I'd like, but they'll do for now.
Best Regards
Bob