• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Has a C14 ever make it to Prudoe Bay?

smooth_operator

Awlays toyed with the idea of doing a Prudoe Bay to Key West trip. But I hear such terrible things about the road the further north you go. So, could my two ton tessie of a Connie make it or no. I've watched the C10 videos of going up there but never a C14.

When I finished my Ultimate Coast to Coast in Prudhoe Bay, two Harley's  pulled in right behind me, and there were another couple more already there, along with a Goldwing and a couple other bikes.  I don't see why a C14 couldn't make it.

I took my C10(riding 2 up) to the Arctic Circle. As long as the Dalton Highway is dry, a C14 could make it to Prudhoe . But I think you would want to be carrying extra gas.
Make no mistake the Dalton is treacherous, but doable.