• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Having issues installing Murphy's KB Stepper (Riser)

BBear

Purchased the KB Stepper Riser for my C10. I was able to install the risers without a problem, but having issues with both front brake line and choker cable.

I was under the impression the risers would not require new cables. From Murphy's website: "Providing a rise of 1-3/8", with 5/8" back set, these dimensions have proven to work with all years, with no line stress."

Perhaps the previous owner changed both front brake line and choker? Hard to believe, but in any case the it seems like I will need to do something with the brake line and choker.

For the front brakes I would like to run stainless steel lines setup like these:

Could someone point me in the right direction? How/where to purchase this adapter and the lines?

And regarding the choker, I have no idea how to replace or even order a new cable. Any pointers would be very welcome.

Thank you!

BB

Murph has the brake line kit's, look under the Braking Supplies> Lines & fittings https://www.murphskits.com/index.php?cPath=1_29_34&osCsid=0soA8ZyaCxrYN9759eSq0 

He also has an extended choke cable, or, for the single risers, just popping the choke cable out of the 'guide loop' on the frame at the front of the gas tank gives the slack needed.  Throttle cables can be re routed to the right side of the frame, helps with adding risers.

Technically with the stock front brake hose, single risers can be used, but it is tight. Remove the master cylinder from the handlebars, put everything on, then index/line up, re  install the master cylinder.  But considering the age of the brake hoses, best to upgrade anyways.

Victor Salisbury said:
Murph has the brake line kit's, look under the Braking Supplies> Lines & fittings https://www.murphskits.com/index.php?cPath=1_29_34&osCsid=0soA8ZyaCxrYN9759eSq0 

He also has an extended choke cable, or, for the single risers, just popping the choke cable out of the 'guide loop' on the frame at the front of the gas tank gives the slack needed.  Throttle cables can be re routed to the right side of the frame, helps with adding risers.

Technically with the stock front brake hose, single risers can be used, but it is tight. Remove the master cylinder from the handlebars, put everything on, then index/line up, re  install the master cylinder.  But considering the age of the brake hoses, best to upgrade anyways.

+1 on both cable recommendations and relocation advice...

Looks like he already has a set of s/s/braided lines on the bike, I think he might not relly need new ones, once he removes tha bars, and places the blocks in, then tests the line locations.. he has the 2 line setup, so there should easily be enough slack.

bowtie39 said:
Sorta think he is wanting to do as the pic shows.  Mentions he would like a setup like on this bike.

You are correct: the photo above is from my Purple C10, which already has the braided lines.

I would like to purchase the same setup for the second C10 but now with engine/carburetor issues, this project will be placed on hold for now.