• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Heads-Up; on Dunlop Roadsmart II tires

connie_rider

To my COGger Buddies.
Many of us have gone to the Dunlop Roadsmart II Tires and they have become increasingly hard to find in the 190/50 ZR17 size.
I've been looking (unsuccessfully), and finally found some today at Chaparrel Motorsports and ordered...

If anyone is interested; I think they have 9 remaining in stock.

Ride safe, Ted

I've been watching this myself as well. Still $97. Except now that the RS IV's are out they've dropped the price of the RS IIIs down to around $153.
So for an extra $56 I'm thinking I may now just go ahead and get the RS III. At this point I think I'll just wait till black Friday though and see what happens. If nothing else you can usually get a little extra cash back bonus from Rakuten that weekend depending on what vendor you buy from.

These are $97, and the ones' we've been getting were $87. {Which may explain why they still have some}.
Regardless, they've worked well for us.
As far as I know, these are the last RS-II's that are available.
I had to call their number to get them for some reason.
ie; Their in the Tennessee warehouse, which causes some confusion.
My tire arrived on the 20th.
The tire I received was produced 9th week of 2019.

Ride safe, Ted

As a backup these guys are still showing them as in stock for the same price. That's the only vendor l found though other than Chap-moto.

I'm guessing they must have halted production on the IIs once they started producing the IV's?
If so, I'd assume the last of the IIs are probably dated sometime in June or July I guess being that the IVs were announce in Aug?

Update:
So Black Friday/Cyber Monday didn't really yield any better deals for the RS IIs and its now showing as out of stock at www.rockymountainatvmc.com as well.
So I bit the bullet and ordered from Chap-Moto on Monday and it just arrived today. Same manufacture date as connie_rider (0919).
Will probably wait till later this winter or early spring to actually spoon it on, but figured I better grab one while I still could.

Thanks for the heads up, just ordered a set. Current Michelins are scalloped I think the term is. Planning on a new set in the spring, but can't pass up on saving some money now. Just got to find a shop to mount them.

I've given up on the Dunlop RS2's, they are inexpensive but I just couldn't get the mileage out of them especially the front.
I had 2 front wear out on the sides before the middle at 4200 and 4400.
I've now got a half cooked RS2 on the rear and a near new Michelin Power Pilot on the front now.
When they go I think I'm going to install a set of Michelins 4 GT's on there and see how that works out.
Nick
2014 C-14

Thanks for the info on the fronts. You must be pretty aggressive to take out the front/sides first. {or live somewhere that allows more fun}
Did they stick as well as you hoped?

Ride safe, Ted

Ted
I did like those tires, way cheap, plenty of grip, smooth rolling until the end too.
It appeared to me the rubber compound on the front tire sides is too soft, I wonder if anyone else is having the same experience, the sides wearing out first on the fronts.
Its pretty curvy in my neck of the woods.
Nick
2014 C-14

I've given up on the Dunlop RS2's, they are inexpensive but I just couldn't get the mileage out of them especially the front.
I had 2 front wear out on the sides before the middle at 4200 and 4400.
When they go I think I'm going to install a set of Michelins 4 GT's on there and see how that works out.
Nick
2014 C-14

I've worn out the sides like that on a few other brands just as you did, so I don't think it's just RS2's.

For what it's worth, the RS2's are better than the PR4's. Having been though several sets of 2's, 3's & 4's I'm done with Michelin. The 2's were good but not available anymore. The 4's always seem to end up with funny wear patterns on the front, even random bikes I've looked at in parking lots.

I'm curious to see how far this Michelin Power pilot front tire I've got on there goes.
The website says their soft, made with GP style rubber, So I'd imagine pretty short lived.
But cheap too, 98 bucks to my door.
Moto season is on hold now in the high mountains of SW Colorado, so I will have to wait till around mid-late March to get back out there for some more "tests"
Nick
2014 C-14